• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

On one of the coldest days in Chicago history, someone put 70 homeless people up in a hotel

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Yeah because the tents were so insulated against the cold in the first place!

They did not operate their camp safely, somebody could have gotten hurt, I really dont like to see their failure rewarded like this.

Last edited:
They did not operate their camp safely, somebody could have gotten hurt, I really dont like to see their failure rewarded like this.

I know, they were stupid so they must die. I get it.......Well, not really.

Seriously, WTF is your malfunction?

How is putting up homeless people in a Hotel instead of letting them freeze to death rewarding failure? Your comments continually demonstrate how ****ed up your thinking really is and that your priorities are not where they are supposed to be. BE BETTER.

they did not operate their camp safely, somebody could have gotten hurt, i really dont like to see their failure rewarded like this.

we used to hate better

When My daughter was in Edmonton Alberta, she told me when temperatures dropped below -20C the city would open the subway tunnels for the homeless.
I was thinking that Canada must have much hardier homeless than Houston,Tx, because everyone here get into a panic if temps get into the 20F range(-6C).

More of that "compassionate conservatism" :roll:

How is putting up homeless people in a Hotel instead of letting them freeze to death rewarding failure? Your comments continually demonstrate how ****ed up your thinking really is and that your priorities are not where they are supposed to be. BE BETTER.
This Hawkeye guy has to be attempting morbid or Swiftian humor .

Somebody please assure me that there are five people on this thread that do not know him very well, but I got him down.

Please?

More of that "compassionate conservatism" :roll:

For the eleven billionth time: I am not a conservative.

Ask any of the conservatives at DP, I am confident that any and all will confirm this.

You have failed to pay attention....this guy/gal did not take 70 homeless off the streets, he took 70 homeless away from the care of the Salvation Army who had already agreed to take them off the streets after they burned their camp down through their own negligence, who would have had them in a warm building.

Be Better.

:coffeepap

......“I am a regular person,” Ms. Payne said. “It all sounded like a rich person did this, but I’m just a little black girl from the South Side. I thought it was unattainable, but after seeing this and seeing people from all around the world, that just tells me that it’s not that unattainable. We can all do this together.”

Ms. Payne wants to organize other ways to help homeless people in Chicago.

“This was a temporary fix, and it has inspired me to come up with more of a permanent solution,” Ms. Payne said before she received a call on her other line — from J.B. Pritzker, the governor of Illinois.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/02/us/candice-payne-homeless-chicago.html

:bravo:

Cold snap is over. Time for a little "weather humor".

frosty.jpg

Back
Top Bottom