• The forum will be going down at about 7:30 AM CST Oct 16 for maintenance. We should be down less than 1 hour.

• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

On nudity, do you agree more with Ariana Grande or Piers Morgan here?

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

KevinKohler

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Staring is not a crime.

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
**** teasing is a piss poor hobby.

I agree. If she does it with the attitude that she wants any man that sees her to relax and enjoy, it's not a bad thing.

Last edited:

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I agree. If she does it with the attitude that she wants any man that sees her to relax and enjoy, it's not a bad thing.
Even if she admits that her intent is to demonstrate power over men, but drawing attention to yourself on purpose and then claiming that you don't want attention as so many women do does not work for me, at least be more honest than that!

Winston

Dead Voter
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
this thread is sad.

Kal'Stang

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...rs-morgan-over-nudity-comments-its-our-choice

It may be a woman's choice to show off her body, but is it her choice who looks if it's in a public venue? Should she be able to smile at men that she likes taking notice of her, while taking adverse action against men she doesn't like doing the same?

First it should be noted that you should have put a warning in your post or something...That half naked picture of Piers Morgan is now seared into my brain. YUCK!

As for the topic....I actually agree with Piers Morgan for once. There really is a double standard in Hollywood. Well...maybe a triple standard...

On one hand you have movies galore that have men and women having sex or being nude.

On the other hand don't you dare look at a woman that is gorgeous or sexy as that is objectifying women.

And then there's the foot...It's perfectly OK to "objectify" men...as Ellen Degenerous showed in her show. Now, I don't mind if women want to objectify men. Go for it. :shrug: Just don't holler when men do the same to women.

Of course that is one of the problems with today's feminism. Do as I say, not as I do. I really miss the old days of feminism where all that they wanted was actual Rights and being treated equally by men.

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
this thread is sad.

She's turning into a bitter harpy, but here is a song of hers from last year with a lighter attitude:

Winston

Dead Voter
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
She's turning into a bitter harpy, but here is a song of hers from last year with a lighter attitude:

well, her longtime relationship came to an unhappy ending and then her ex-boyfriend overdosed on fentanyl and died a few mos ago.

Captain Adverse

Classical Liberal Sage
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...rs-morgan-over-nudity-comments-its-our-choice

It may be a woman's choice to show off her body, but is it her choice who looks if it's in a public venue? Should she be able to smile at men that she likes taking notice of her, while taking adverse action against men she doesn't like doing the same?

If you choose to display yourself in public (and there are no "Blue Laws" preventing it), then like any other act of free expression that can be heard and/or seen by whomever is present they may react (non-violently) as they see fit.

That's what being "in public view" means...silly to try to claim privacy rights while acting out in public.

Last edited:

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
well, her longtime relationship came to an unhappy ending and then her ex-boyfriend overdosed on fentanyl and died a few mos ago.

I wonder if she drove him to it.

Manc Skipper

Wrinkly member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Beta males hate it when one of their own is schooled by a woman.

Northern Light

The Light of Truth
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Another fake controversy being fabricated to market a pop tart.

Mizzy22

DP Veteran
Reaction score
I live in a small town,most everyone has seen each other nude at the pool.

molten_dragon

Anti-Hypocrite
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

I really couldn't care less. If a woman wants to walk around naked let her. I'm definitely going to take a look just because it's unusual, and maybe a second one if she's attractive, but she can do what she wants.

HonestJoe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Another fake controversy being fabricated to market a pop tart.
Piers Morgan is a pop tart? ;) He initiated the argument for his own self-promotion (he’s a professional troll these days, it’s why he couldn’t get work in the UK). I’ve no doubt Ariana Grande is interested in self-promotion too but putting it all on her alone is simply wrong.

Lord Tammerlain

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
First it should be noted that you should have put a warning in your post or something...That half naked picture of Piers Morgan is now seared into my brain. YUCK!

As for the topic....I actually agree with Piers Morgan for once. There really is a double standard in Hollywood. Well...maybe a triple standard...

On one hand you have movies galore that have men and women having sex or being nude.

On the other hand don't you dare look at a woman that is gorgeous or sexy as that is objectifying women.

And then there's the foot...It's perfectly OK to "objectify" men...as Ellen Degenerous showed in her show. Now, I don't mind if women want to objectify men. Go for it. :shrug: Just don't holler when men do the same to women.

Of course that is one of the problems with today's feminism. Do as I say, not as I do. I really miss the old days of feminism where all that they wanted was actual Rights and being treated equally by men.

I think it is how you look, rather than just looking

When a woman walks by and you drop your jaw, staring at her for minutes, that is creepy. But discreet glaces, are not going to get you in trouble from anyone but your SO

As for objectifying women, it still occurs, more woman are naked or dressed in bathing suits in movies and entertainment than men.

Skeptic Bob

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Follow the Seinfeld rule and you’ll be fine.

Lursa

Implacable
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Top Bottom