• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

On illegal immigration from Mexico

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
[h=1]Mexico-US illegal migration has been at zero for 8 years, and other eye-opening facts[/h]
[FONT=&quot]* "Illegal migration ended eight years ago and has been zero or negative since 2008, because migration is a young person's game. If you don't migrate between the ages of 15 and 30, you don't migrate at all, and the average age in Mexico is now 28 years old."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]* "Immigrants, in general, and immigrant neighborhoods, in particular, have very low rates of crime, much lower than native-born people. The US counties along the Mexico-US border are among the safest and most crime-free counties in the United States."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]* "There is no evidence that there’s ever been a terrorist cell or any terrorist that’s ever tried to cross into the United States from Mexico."[/FONT]

Countdown to calling the above "liberal" in one way or another in 3, 2, 1....

You live in the same state I do. I call BS. Somebody is blowing smoke up somebodies hind end.

I dunno...

California does have a lot of Mexican immigrants, both legal and illegal, that's for sure. How many of them came in the past few years do you suppose?

I can remember when the illegals would go home for Christmas and then come back, it was that easy to cross the border. My students would tell me about their adventures, even if their parents were a bit more secretive.

You live in the same state I do. I call BS. Somebody is blowing smoke up somebodies hind end.
Yep, the smoke-blowers are largely the anti-immigrant types.

The unauthorized immigrant population flattened out a few years ago, and is (at the moment) fairly static.

Mexicans do make up a large portion of those who illegally cross the border, but those numbers are on the decline, and many are also leaving the US. The net result is that the unauthorized Mexican community has dropped since 2006.

FT_15.11.19.Mexico.Unauthorized.Immigration.png

And apprehensions of Mexicans at the border haven't been this low in 50 years:
Apprehensions of Mexican migrants at U.S. borders reach near-historic low | Pew Research Center

Another factor is that immigration from Asia is on the rise.

Mexico-US illegal migration has been at zero for 8 years, and other eye-opening facts

Countdown to calling the above "liberal" in one way or another in 3, 2, 1....

I would never call "liberal" on this. Based on just this paragraph:
"* "Illegal migration ended eight years ago and has been zero or negative since 2008, because migration is a young person's game. If you don't migrate between the ages of 15 and 30, you don't migrate at all, and the average age in Mexico is now 28 years old."
I would call, "Idiot." The average age in Mexico is 28 so there has been no undocumented workers, or kids, coming into the U.S. from Mexico for Barack Obama's reign. Nonsense. Now, if you said, the number leaving exceeded the number entering I'd say, "Prove it." There is no evidence that is true and we don't count illegal aliens coming in and going out. Oh, but, we can make up numbers, can't we? Great.

So, I won't call "liberal". Stupid works, though.

I still go for sending a few millions U.S. Citizens who absolutely won't work south of the border and inviting an equal number of million foreign nationals who do want to work to come north.

Yep, the smoke-blowers are largely the anti-immigrant types.

The unauthorized immigrant population flattened out a few years ago, and is (at the moment) fairly static.

Mexicans do make up a large portion of those who illegally cross the border, but those numbers are on the decline, and many are also leaving the US. The net result is that the unauthorized Mexican community has dropped since 2006.

FT_15.11.19.Mexico.Unauthorized.Immigration.png

And apprehensions of Mexicans at the border haven't been this low in 50 years:
Apprehensions of Mexican migrants at U.S. borders reach near-historic low | Pew Research Center

Another factor is that immigration from Asia is on the rise.

I do wonder at how they get their numbers. From what everyone has told me illegals don't dare admit that they are here illegally out in the open and that's one reason why we can be so sure that illegal aliens won't vote in our elections. If that is truly the case then how is it that they can get these types of studies done?

I do wonder at how they get their numbers. From what everyone has told me illegals don't dare admit that they are here illegally out in the open and that's one reason why we can be so sure that illegal aliens won't vote in our elections. If that is truly the case then how is it that they can get these types of studies done?

I came across the link below when researching the subject of how many illegal aliens are actually residing inside the United States. The numbers constantly referred to via Pew never seemed to add up, given my experience, and from extensive travel for business throughout the US.

It takes a different approach, and seeks to extrapolate numbers based on other known variables. It certainly applies a reasoned approach to the actual number which makes more sense.

If you're willing to take a few minutes to read through their approach, it seems quite reasonable and interesting.

How many illegal aliens reside in the United States? A methodology using Border Patrol "got away" statistics | CAIRCO - Colorado Alliance for Immigration Reform | immigration reference news projects

I would never call "liberal" on this. Based on just this paragraph:
"* "Illegal migration ended eight years ago and has been zero or negative since 2008, because migration is a young person's game. If you don't migrate between the ages of 15 and 30, you don't migrate at all, and the average age in Mexico is now 28 years old."
I would call, "Idiot." The average age in Mexico is 28 so there has been no undocumented workers, or kids, coming into the U.S. from Mexico for Barack Obama's reign. Nonsense. Now, if you said, the number leaving exceeded the number entering I'd say, "Prove it." There is no evidence that is true and we don't count illegal aliens coming in and going out. Oh, but, we can make up numbers, can't we? Great.

So, I won't call "liberal". Stupid works, though.

I still go for sending a few millions U.S. Citizens who absolutely won't work south of the border and inviting an equal number of million foreign nationals who do want to work to come north.

Well, that's your unsupported opinion and you're entitled to it.

Well, that's your unsupported opinion and you're entitled to it.

Which part? Nothing I wrote is supported less than the paragraph I quoted. I realize liberals are innumerate but the average age in Mexico is meaningless. It has no bearing on the idiotic assertion made in the paragraph. The idea that there was zero growth in illegal aliens in the reign of Obama, in spite of his inviting them north and Rep. Pelosi saying we should even have borders is ludicrous.

Which part? Nothing I wrote is supported less than the paragraph I quoted. I realize liberals are innumerate but the average age in Mexico is meaningless. It has no bearing on the idiotic assertion made in the paragraph. The idea that there was zero growth in illegal aliens in the reign of Obama, in spite of his inviting them north and Rep. Pelosi saying we should even have borders is ludicrous.

"Inviting them north" is a meme of the extreme right. The only people inviting illegals to migrate from Mexico and Central America are the employers of illegals, not "liberals" and not the Democrats. Meanwhile, the real open borders people call Obama the "deporter in chief," and the fact of the matter is that the number of illegals in the US has tapered off and begun to decline.

Which is not to say that the issue shouldn't be addressed. It hasn't been for several decades now, through both Democratic and Republican administrations and Congresses. What doesn't need to be done is to make it out to be a problem brought on by the current administration that will be "solved" by building an expensive "wall" and then rounding up and deporting 11 million (or however many there still are) illegals and sending them home to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars.

"Inviting them north" is a meme of the extreme right. The only people inviting illegals to migrate from Mexico and Central America are the employers of illegals, not "liberals" and not the Democrats. Meanwhile, the real open borders people call Obama the "deporter in chief," and the fact of the matter is that the number of illegals in the US has tapered off and begun to decline.

Which is not to say that the issue shouldn't be addressed. It hasn't been for several decades now, through both Democratic and Republican administrations and Congresses. What doesn't need to be done is to make it out to be a problem brought on by the current administration that will be "solved" by building an expensive "wall" and then rounding up and deporting 11 million (or however many there still are) illegals and sending them home to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars.

It's not a meme, it's a proven fact.

Fact: Months before the border crisis in 2014 that continues to this day, the Federal Government sought contracts from companies to transport unaccompanied children. How did they know such a thing would be needed?

With "Dreamer" acts, and decisions to protect illegal aliens, how do you think that impacted decisions to cross the border into the United States?

There is no meme. It's a fact.

It's not a meme, it's a proven fact.

Fact: Months before the border crisis in 2014 that continues to this day, the Federal Government sought contracts from companies to transport unaccompanied children. How did they know such a thing would be needed?

With "Dreamer" acts, and decisions to protect illegal aliens, how do you think that impacted decisions to cross the border into the United States?

There is no meme. It's a fact.

So, we should have turned back t he unaccompanied children who were fleeing civil war in El Salvador. OK, that's an opinion.
And people who were brought here as small children and educated in the United States should be deported. That's another opinion.

Put the two together, and it still falls way short of the Democrats or the Obama Administration is "inviting illegals north." The only ones inviting them are the employers of illegals.

Since the Republicans are now in control of Congress, how is it they haven't addressed the issue of the other side "inviting illegals" into the country?

So, we should have turned back t he unaccompanied children who were fleeing civil war in El Salvador. OK, that's an opinion.
And people who were brought here as small children and educated in the United States should be deported. That's another opinion.

Put the two together, and it still falls way short of the Democrats or the Obama Administration is "inviting illegals north." The only ones inviting them are the employers of illegals.

Since the Republicans are now in control of Congress, how is it they haven't addressed the issue of the other side "inviting illegals" into the country?

The question of motivation to leave their home country is dubious at best. When has there not been some conflict in the failed cultures of Central and South America? Has the United States been forced to building relocation centers before?

The example I provided is just one, so your claim the evidence falls short is not accurate. Consider all the other enticements. Education, housing, relocation, healthcare, etc., etc.. What message does this send?

It's rather deceptive to attempt to make an argument while ignoring all the other factors related to the issue that are well known and established.

The question of motivation to leave their home country is dubious at best. When has there not been some conflict in the failed cultures of Central and South America? Has the United States been forced to building relocation centers before?

The example I provided is just one, so your claim the evidence falls short is not accurate. Consider all the other enticements. Education, housing, relocation, healthcare, etc., etc.. What message does this send?

It's rather deceptive to attempt to make an argument while ignoring all the other factors related to the issue that are well known and established.

If you think illegals can sneak across the borders from war torn and gang controlled El Salvador and get all the freebes you mention, you have little experience with illegals.

And, if people are desperate enough to send their children to a nation they know little about and where the people speak a foreign language and have an alien culture, then things have to be pretty bad in their own nation.

Now, the refugees you're talking about amount to perhaps a few hundred, tops. Meanwhile, there are beyond question millions of illegals in the US. Who do you think invited them in? Are they really here for government handouts?

And, if it's really such a partisan issue, since Congress is now Republican, why haven't they done something about the situation?
I think it's because they'd rather rant about how there's a terrible problem and the Democrats are to blame for it. Blaming the other party seems to be all Congress is capable of any more.

And yes, before you ask, the Democrats are just as bad.

You mean the "children" who came north and were whisked off to secret camps run by the government didn't exist? You mean the congressman who wanted to visit a secret camp and was denied entry was lying? Amazing.

I live in Mexico and have for 18 years. I know people who wanted to go north because they understood they could get immediate amnesty. I have a friend in California who was undocumented and went in and got a green card. She was delighted because the rule had always been that you had to return to Mexico to apply for a green card. Not any more. But, I bet she a sneaky conservative who's lying, too.

But, I see you're on target with the liberal propaganda. Fortunately, you don't question and don't think. Makes it easier. Oh, I've also met Mexicans here who proudly show me their voter registration cards that they got thanks to the Democrat motor voter laws. Good job. Now, if the Democrats could just send political organizers t Mexico with suitcases packed with absentee ballots they'd be in business. I'd bet people here would travel thirty miles easy to make $5 voting for a Democrat.

I seriously doubt anyone will build a wall. Certainly not the jackass who hires illegal aliens. One of the handicaps involved in solving the problem is the prevalence of "experts" in the U.S. who don't know what they're talking about and the insistence the U.S. has always had to legislate against foreign labor but encourage them to come north.

You mean the "children" who came north and were whisked off to secret camps run by the government didn't exist? You mean the congressman who wanted to visit a secret camp and was denied entry was lying? Amazing.

I live in Mexico and have for 18 years. I know people who wanted to go north because they understood they could get immediate amnesty. I have a friend in California who was undocumented and went in and got a green card. She was delighted because the rule had always been that you had to return to Mexico to apply for a green card. Not any more. But, I bet she a sneaky conservative who's lying, too.

But, I see you're on target with the liberal propaganda. Fortunately, you don't question and don't think. Makes it easier. Oh, I've also met Mexicans here who proudly show me their voter registration cards that they got thanks to the Democrat motor voter laws. Good job. Now, if the Democrats could just send political organizers t Mexico with suitcases packed with absentee ballots they'd be in business. I'd bet people here would travel thirty miles easy to make $5 voting for a Democrat.

I seriously doubt anyone will build a wall. Certainly not the jackass who hires illegal aliens. One of the handicaps involved in solving the problem is the prevalence of "experts" in the U.S. who don't know what they're talking about and the insistence the U.S. has always had to legislate against foreign labor but encourage them to come north.

Of course the children who came north from Central America existed. I'm not so sure about your "secret camps." Why would anyone put them in "secret camps"? Are they training them to be better Democrats or something?

If the Democrats are the ones "inviting illegals in", and the Republicans are in favor of securing the border, and the Republicans are in control of Congress, why don't they do something to stop it?

Like I said earlier, illegal immigration is no problem for Republicans as long as they can make people believe that the Democrats are to blame for it.

If you think illegals can sneak across the borders from war torn and gang controlled El Salvador and get all the freebes you mention, you have little experience with illegals.

And, if people are desperate enough to send their children to a nation they know little about and where the people speak a foreign language and have an alien culture, then things have to be pretty bad in their own nation.

Now, the refugees you're talking about amount to perhaps a few hundred, tops. Meanwhile, there are beyond question millions of illegals in the US. Who do you think invited them in? Are they really here for government handouts?

And, if it's really such a partisan issue, since Congress is now Republican, why haven't they done something about the situation?
I think it's because they'd rather rant about how there's a terrible problem and the Democrats are to blame for it. Blaming the other party seems to be all Congress is capable of any more.

And yes, before you ask, the Democrats are just as bad.

I have great experience with illegal aliens, so we can move past that claim.

If you think children are being sent to a foreign country with a "see ya, good luck" pat on the back, it's pretty clear who doesn't know about illegal aliens. Where do you think they are going, to the streets? Not for a second. They are going to live with friends or relatives who's status is also questionable. That's a well documented fact, so the sob story has no place in this discussion.

The reason Republicans haven't done anything about is has to do with voters telling them to consider their political future before thinking about amnesty. So that argument can be parked as well.

The bottom line is, illegal aliens have been encouraged to come here, they are being rewarded for coming here, and they are receiving benefits legal citizens could only dream of. That can be placed squarely at the feet of liberal/socialist progressives.

1. I have great experience with illegal aliens, so we can move past that claim.

2. If you think children are being sent to a foreign country with a "see ya, good luck" pat on the back, it's pretty clear who doesn't know about illegal aliens. Where do you think they are going, to the streets? Not for a second. They are going to live with friends or relatives who's status is also questionable. That's a well documented fact, so the sob story has no place in this discussion.

3. The reason Republicans haven't done anything about is has to do with voters telling them to consider their political future before thinking about amnesty. So that argument can be parked as well.

4. The bottom line is, illegal aliens have been encouraged to come here, they are being rewarded for coming here, and they are receiving benefits legal citizens could only dream of. That can be placed squarely at the feet of liberal/socialist progressives.

1. Good. Then you realize that illegals can't sneak across the borders from war torn and gang controlled El Salvador and get all the freebes you mention.

2. Well, I would hope parents would send them off to be with someone they know and not just dump them in the street. Still, it's quite a journey, sneaking across the border into Mexico, crossing that country with little money and no legal status, then crossing the border into the US. Would you send a minor on such a trip if there were any viable alternative?

3. That sounds like the only thing they're willing to consider is amnesty. Isn't there another alternative, now that the Republicans are in control of Congress?

4. They are encouraged and rewarded by jobs that pay as much in an hour as they can earn all day in their home countries. Citizens can, if they're willing, take those same jobs. What benefits do you think the "liberal/socialist progressives" are giving them that citizens can only dream of?

1. Good. Then you realize that illegals can't sneak across the borders from war torn and gang controlled El Salvador and get all the freebes you mention.

2. Well, I would hope parents would send them off to be with someone they know and not just dump them in the street. Still, it's quite a journey, sneaking across the border into Mexico, crossing that country with little money and no legal status, then crossing the border into the US. Would you send a minor on such a trip if there were any viable alternative?

3. That sounds like the only thing they're willing to consider is amnesty. Isn't there another alternative, now that the Republicans are in control of Congress?

4. They are encouraged and rewarded by jobs that pay as much in an hour as they can earn all day in their home countries. Citizens can, if they're willing, take those same jobs. What benefits do you think the "liberal/socialist progressives" are giving them that citizens can only dream of?

It does not serve the cause of this discussion if you plan to insert words or opinions I've never used. Illegals from all over Latin America are sneaking into the United States, and they are receiving all the benefits I described.

I have little sympathy for a culture that demands other countries take care of problems they refuse to resolve themselves. It would be terrible to live in a failed country amid a failed culture. However, amplifying the failure by exporting the failure elsewhere doesn't resolve the issue.

I have no idea what you mean in point 4. The fact is, illegals don't come here for a new life, they come here to exploit this country. Consider the value of the money they pull out of the economy and send home. In Mexico, it accounts for the second highest source of revenue behind oil. How do those billions benefit the country they have illegally entered and illegally found employment in?

It does not serve the cause of this discussion if you plan to insert words or opinions I've never used. Illegals from all over Latin America are sneaking into the United States, and they are receiving all the benefits I described.

I have little sympathy for a culture that demands other countries take care of problems they refuse to resolve themselves. It would be terrible to live in a failed country amid a failed culture. However, amplifying the failure by exporting the failure elsewhere doesn't resolve the issue.

I have no idea what you mean in point 4. The fact is, illegals don't come here for a new life, they come here to exploit this country. Consider the value of the money they pull out of the economy and send home. In Mexico, it accounts for the second highest source of revenue behind oil. How do those billions benefit the country they have illegally entered and illegally found employment in?
Immigrants came here to exploit resources here, like everyone else. They aren't exploiting the country, unless you count social welfare. I would call it a resource.

Ok, anyway, about your signature. I don't think that's really the whole story.

She continued, saying it was “the height of irony that a party which espouses small government would want to unleash a massive law enforcement effort– including perhaps National Guard and others– to go and literally pull people out of their homes and their workplaces, round them up, put them, I don’t know, in buses, boxcars, in order to take them across our border.”

“I just find that not only absurd, but appalling,” Clinton said.
Clinton: GOP Wants to Shove Illegal Immigrants into Boxcars | Mediaite

1 It does not serve the cause of this discussion if you plan to insert words or opinions I've never used. Illegals from all over Latin America are sneaking into the United States, and they are receiving all the benefits I described.

2 I have little sympathy for a culture that demands other countries take care of problems they refuse to resolve themselves. It would be terrible to live in a failed country amid a failed culture. However, amplifying the failure by exporting the failure elsewhere doesn't resolve the issue.

3 I have no idea what you mean in point 4. The fact is, illegals don't come here for a new life, they come here to exploit this country.

4. Consider the value of the money they pull out of the economy and send home. In Mexico, it accounts for the second highest source of revenue behind oil. How do those billions benefit the country they have illegally entered and illegally found employment in?

1. Well, I did single out El Salvador, as I believe you mentioned the children coming in, and that's where they came from. I don't believe they're coming in from all over Latin America. I've not heard of illegals from Chile or Argentina, Peru or Panama.
there may be a few, of course, as there are illegals from all over. The thing is, most of them are from Mexico and Central America.

2. Oh, I agree. The blame for illegal immigration should be laid at the feet of the government of the nations from which they came, as well as our own government. The first gives people no way to have a decent living, the other allows employers to exploit the cheap labor.

3. They come here because they can earn a lot more money than they can in their home countries, and in the case of some of the Central American nations, because their own nations are failed states that can't provide even a modicum of safety to their citizens. The draw for most is wages.

4. The benefit to the employers, of course, is hard workers at a cheap price. The benefit to the government is that they pay taxes on the money they make, but don't get the benefits. They can't, for example, get anything out of social security, even though the paychecks (unless, of course, the employer is paying them under the table) have payroll taxes taken out.

Illegal immigration could be ended any time very quickly and cheaply. Simply fine the pant off of their employers and deny the illegals any government services and they'll go home. If we need them, and I believe we do, then give them a chance to go to the American consulate in their home country, show that they've been living, working, and paying taxes in the US, pass a background check to weed out the felons, and let them come back legally and with a path to citizenship. It would be a win- win for everyone except those who are exploiting the cheap labor.

Immigrants came here to exploit resources here, like everyone else. They aren't exploiting the country, unless you count social welfare. I would call it a resource.

Ok, anyway, about your signature. I don't think that's really the whole story.

Clinton: GOP Wants to Shove Illegal Immigrants into Boxcars | Mediaite

No, they are here to exploit whatever is contained within the borders of the United States. That includes jobs, education, healthcare, security, etc., etc.

As to my signature line, it is all the story that is necessary. She said those words, verbatim. As Hillary Clinton, the DNC, the MSM, and others have established, context is no longer a consideration, in fact it has been banned.

So, it is important under these new rules, that people view what Hillary has said she would do about illegal aliens, in her own words.

1. Well, I did single out El Salvador, as I believe you mentioned the children coming in, and that's where they came from. I don't believe they're coming in from all over Latin America. I've not heard of illegals from Chile or Argentina, Peru or Panama.
there may be a few, of course, as there are illegals from all over. The thing is, most of them are from Mexico and Central America.

2. Oh, I agree. The blame for illegal immigration should be laid at the feet of the government of the nations from which they came, as well as our own government. The first gives people no way to have a decent living, the other allows employers to exploit the cheap labor.

3. They come here because they can earn a lot more money than they can in their home countries, and in the case of some of the Central American nations, because their own nations are failed states that can't provide even a modicum of safety to their citizens. The draw for most is wages.

4. The benefit to the employers, of course, is hard workers at a cheap price. The benefit to the government is that they pay taxes on the money they make, but don't get the benefits. They can't, for example, get anything out of social security, even though the paychecks (unless, of course, the employer is paying them under the table) have payroll taxes taken out.

Illegal immigration could be ended any time very quickly and cheaply. Simply fine the pant off of their employers and deny the illegals any government services and they'll go home. If we need them, and I believe we do, then give them a chance to go to the American consulate in their home country, show that they've been living, working, and paying taxes in the US, pass a background check to weed out the felons, and let them come back legally and with a path to citizenship. It would be a win- win for everyone except those who are exploiting the cheap labor.

These children/families/??? are coming from El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, etc.. At least according to the DHS. The fact is, these countries have been banana republics for generations, yet we haven't seen the mass illegal movement like has been experienced over the last 3+ years - at least when it comes to these unaccompanied children and families? So what triggered the movement? I've already identified the cause.

These failed countries are failed because of the people and culture who created them. The government wasn't lowered in by some outside agency to rule the people there. The are failed because the people have failed them. And they want to bring that attitude of failure and culture here. Hell no.

As to your final point about employers, I absolutely agree. First, E-Verify to protect honest efforts by honest businesses. Second, destroy any business, along with confiscation of all their private assets to settle fines, that knowingly hires illegal aliens. The penalty should be brutal, complete, and non-dischargeable for any reason.

Back
Top Bottom