• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

On eve of Obama-Netanyahu meet, Abbas offers Jerusalem compromise

That land was never under the control of the "Palestinian Arabs".
Never in history did the group known back then to be the "Palestinian Arabs" and known now to be the "Palestinians" have ever controlled the land.
If by control you mean living on their ancestral homeland yes. here are some maps to give you a better idea.
JewishOwnedLandInPalestineAsOf1947.jpg light orange is Palestinians land in 1947
Map5_OwnerShip.jpgDark green is Palestinian population in 1947

why not have Jerusalem as the capital of both, and have it governed by a neutral third party.

A sovereignity over one's capital is key to the sovereignity of the nation in its whole.
I can't see Jerusalem governed by a foreign entity from the same reason I can't see Sydeny governed by a foreign entity.

Besides that I've already stated that I think the Palestinians should be given the Arab quarter of East Jerusalem, since I can't see what use Israel has for it.

If by control you mean living on their ancestral homeland yes. here are some maps to give you a better idea.
By control I'm referring to a sovereign state ruled and led by the Palestinians.

Besides that, spare me the maps and the youtube vids, I have no interest in your propaganda.

What we need is for the world to recognize Israel's sovereignity and control over Jerusalem and recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital, as it is right now.
Not going to happen
it's against U.N. resolution 303:cool:

View attachment 67112018 light orange is Palestinians land in 1947
View attachment 67112019Dark green is Palestinian population in 1947

Dude why do you have to lie? The first map clearly says "Palestinian and Publicly owned land" here's a map that's actually worth a damn and differentiates between Arab, Jewish, and State owned land:

Map-Land-Ownership-Palestine-1945.jpg

Now here's a map of the actual partition plan which cut through district lines:

1947-partition.jpg

Now we can see the district of Beersheba was 85% Crown Land, and Beersheba (the Negev) alone accounted for 60% of the total land mass allocated to the nascent Jewish state. Now the problem with your second map is that it does not take into account the fact that the partition plan cut through district lines, the fact of the matter is that Jews had a majority in the land allocated for the Jewish state, appx. 500,000 Jews versus 400,000 Arabs. Your maps are highly misleading as they a) don't divide crown land from arab land and b) they don't recognize the fact that the partition plan cut through district lines. This is a typical statistical device used by propragandists to suit their purposes.

Last edited:
How did I 'misrepresent the study'?i merely posted what was stated about the study. And this is what was stated.

Because this is actually what the study said versus what you and your source say the study said:

...Palestinian Arabs and Bedouin differed from the other Middle Eastern populations studied here, mainly in specific high-frequency Eu 10 haplotypes not found in the non-Arab groups. These chromosomes might have been introduced through migrations from the Arabian Peninsula during the last two millennia. The present study contributes to the elucidation of the complex demographic history that shaped the present-day genetic landscape in the region....

...the Y chromosomes in Palestinian Arabs and Bedouin represent, to a large extent, early lineages derived from the Neolithic inhabitants of the area and additional lineages from more-recent population movements. The early lineages are part of the common chromosome pool shared with Jews. According to our working model, the more-recent migrations were mostly from the Arabian Peninsula, as is seen in the Arab-specific Eu 10 chromosomes that include the modal haplotypes observed in Palestinians and Bedouin... The study demonstrates that the Y chromosome pool of Jews is an integral part of the genetic landscape of the region and, in particular, that Jews exhibit a high degree of genetic affinity to populations living in the north of the Fertile Crescent.

The Y Chromosome Pool of Jews as Part of the Genetic Landscape of the Middle East

The study shows that the early lineage which the Palestinians have in the region comes from an early population pool shared with the Jews and that the Palestinian and Bedouins have strong genetic Arab ties which other Middle Eastern populations in the region don't have. Not only does it prove that the Jews have a strong genetic afinity towards the region but that the Palestinians are the product of Arab invasion or in other words the only thing that makes the Palestinians genetically compatible with the region is that they are descendents of Jews.

The Palestinians territory, they do exist, they are human beings living on that land.

Hmmm....So you believe in squatters rights? So let's see, if you owned a property here, and I came in and started living within your boundaries, and said I was not leaving because I lay claim to that land. Then you should just give up your land?

j-mac

Hmmm....So you believe in squatters rights? So let's see, if you owned a property here, and I came in and started living within your boundaries, and said I was not leaving because I lay claim to that land. Then you should just give up your land?

True. Only in case the original owner of the squattered land was either killed or sold as slave, as the Yamasees and Cherokees were.

What we need is for Israel to finally recognize that it is occupying Jerusalem.

Or, we could try lobbying for honesty and historical accuracy, instead.

j-mac

So you belive the Ottomans/British had a legitimate right to the land? On what basis? was our "ownership" of India legitimate as well?

Last edited:
The Palestinians territory, they do exist, they are human beings living on that land.

Who didn't bother to invent themselves as "Palestinians" until it was politically expedient to do so.

Before the last few decades they just considered themselves Arabs, and last time I looked there was more land per capita under Arab control than there is Jewish.

So you belive the Ottomans/British had a legitimate right to the land? On what basis? was our "ownership" of India legitimate as well?

These Empires were eventually driven back, and in part IMHO, because conquest would never outweigh legitimate claim on territory over centuries. The Jews have legitimate claim over Israel, just as the so called Palestinians lay claim to where they live now, that is not a question. What is at stake is the express notion that these nomads that now want a homeland to call their own will ever except living next to the Jews. Their charter says no. Also past record in recent times shows that their own word means little to nothing.

That supporters of the nomads constant harassment of the Jews, and makers of false arguments that need to go back centuries to even remotely have any validity at all to their arguments shows IMO, their lack of sincerity, and outright deception of it all.

It really is simple. The UN recognizes the state of Israel's right to exist, however want's them to do nothing to defend themselves against murderers that target civilians, and fight not face to face but through means of a coward.

The sooner you get a Palestinian leader that recognizes that more harm is being done by perpetuating this aggression against the Jews, and realizes that trade, and partnership with them is desirable, the sooner you will see a better life in that section of the ME.

I have to hit the road now, but will be back tomorrow. cheers.

It had been Ottoman territory for centuries. After the Ottoman Empire lost World War I, the territory was assigned to the U.K. as a League of Nations mandate. Part of the commitment was to create a Jewish state in that territory. This was confirmed in the postwar treaty...

Questions for the Pallywood propagandists:

Who were the leaders of these "Palestinians" going back through history?

What conflicts did "Palestinians" have with neighboring countries?

"What is the language that denotes a distinct "Palestinian" culture?

Who are the "Palestinian" authors, artists, engineers and military figures?

"What is the distinct "Palestinian" religion?

What cuisine makes the "Palestinian" people unique?

What is there in ANY way that is traditionally utilized to denote a distinct people that applies to these "Palestinians" that wasn't invented out of whole cloth in the twentieth century?

There is no Palestinian state. So again I ask which states territory is Israel occupying? This is disputed territory not occupied territory.

Wait. if they're not occupying any territory and all land in their borders is technically theirs, then shouldn't full rights be given to everyone in that territory?

Who didn't bother to invent themselves as "Palestinians" until it was politically expedient to do so.

Before the last few decades they just considered themselves Arabs, and last time I looked there was more land per capita under Arab control than there is Jewish.

I always figured it was a part of their identity, just like being Northern Californian is party of my identity. Besides, regardless of the past, they have an identity now.

Yes but you were attirbuting that "Palestinian identity" to the Palestinian Arabs that are now known as the "Palestinians".
Back then the Palestinian Jews (modern Israelis), Palestinian Arabs and the rest of the citizens of the occupied non-sovereign land known as "Palestine" were all equal before the law, and have all shared the same identity, so there is no logic behind your words here.

I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make here

On eve of Obama-Netanyahu meet, Abbas offers Jerusalem compromise - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Good. The Palestinians are offering a completely reasonable and acceptable offer. Let us hope that Israel agrees to this, and lets hope the Gazans throw out Hamas and put in a government that will make a similar agreement.

Hopefully, Abbas will include in his generous offer the mandate that ALL Palestine will agree to this and that the Palestinian Authority will hunt down Hamas and combat any terror attacks and will also cooperate with Israel to kill any and all terrorists that attempt to murder Israeli OR Palestinian citizens. THEN we'd be cookin...

Back
Top Bottom