• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

On CNN's 200,000 COVID Deaths

Not in the least.

Here's another "sample of age":

Etc...

Can you "follow" that?
And Minnie....in ICUs...sure...those with advanced age probably die sooner.....but the ones stuck on life support in life/death struggle for weeks and even months due to this disease are 50s and 60s in my experience. If we are able t get many of these people off of life support.....many are stuck with "stiff" lungs that likely will be a severe issue with them for the rest of their lives. Even the ones that are very ill that never end up on a ventilator...can have their lungs significantly impacted for the remainder of their lives.

We really do not know yet what long term complications will crop up from this disease.

Anybody who boils it down to just a bunch of old people dying is beyond clueless.

Well of course?

But do you remember the 2017 Flu season when we had like 60,000 deaths and no one even heard about it?

We remember it was a bad flu season and many were talking about how it was an usually bad season in the early months of 2017.

From a February 11, 2017 article:

Influenza is hitting hard, but here's the real surprise

Each year, between 4,000 and 50,000 people are specifically killed by influenza, and most commonly it's caused from a variation of an influenza A strain virus. Influenza B strains tend to occur later in the season and be of the more mild variety.

Unquestionably, the flu is hitting harder this season than it did in the previous year, but this isn't a big surprise. What could arguably be the bigger shock is that researchers appear to have hit the nail on the head once again when it comes to predicting the dominant flu strains months in advance of flu season.

As you can see below, a majority of the positive influenza tests this flu season have come back as an influenza A H3N2 variant, with a relatively smaller number of H1N1 and influenza B strain viruses. One of the primary strains that this year's flu vaccines focused on was H3N2. It'll still probably be a few weeks before there's an official reading on the effectiveness of this year's vaccine, but there's a pretty good chance that'll it'll be within range or above the usual vaccine effectiveness of 50% to 60%.

Last edited:
Yeah right!

"Facts are stubborn things"

This lack of "empathy" thing you got going on is almost as bad as the race card

Yes, these facts are stubborn things. Over 200K are dead over Covid and still the best you have is literally saying it is acceptable for some of these losses due to age in your opinion.

That is absurdly without empathy, a hallmark of today's Trump enablers who claim life is important but take every opportunity to show they are lying.

Well of course?

But do you remember the 2017 Flu season when we had like 60,000 deaths and no one even heard about it?
We did hear about it or you wouldn't know about it. And we also have a flu vaccine and different transmission rate of the flu. We in fact have closed schools due to flu outbreaks. Some were closed in Dec/Jan this past year in both KY and NC at least. We have companies that specialize in sterlyzing office spaces because of the flu (I know because the office I worked in in January got it done when a third of the workers called out sick one day).

We have over 200k deaths from covid19 with the measures we did take. Without them, it would have been far worse and likely had some collateral deaths as well.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

First, we didn't have to ignore it like you make it out to be

We should have protected only the vulnerable and let it ride
You cannot positively identify the vulnerable and it doesnt account for those vulnerable still needing some contact which would cause spread, hospitalizations and deaths, and over taxing of healthcare systems.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Covid-19 causes old age. Anyone who died of old age is a covid-19 victim.

Covid-19 causes old age. Anyone who died of old age is a covid-19 victim.
What a load of puerile hooey. Covid19 has killed over 200k of your fellow citizens and you'd rather deny and dissemble in case some smidgen of blame should deposit itself on you, your party or the Orange Idiot.

And Minnie....in ICUs...sure...those with advanced age probably die sooner.....but the ones stuck on life support in life/death struggle for weeks and even months due to this disease are 50s and 60s in my experience. If we are able t get many of these people off of life support.....many are stuck with "stiff" lungs that likely will be a severe issue with them for the rest of their lives. Even the ones that are very ill that never end up on a ventilator...can have their lungs significantly impacted for the remainder of their lives.

We really do not know yet what long term complications will crop up from this disease.

Anybody who boils it down to just a bunch of old people dying is beyond clueless.
And of course we have reports that the vascular system has also been compromised in some patients, as well as other organs besides lungs.

Everyone is vulnerable, old and young alike-including you. Letting it "ride" would significantly increase deaths. That is not disputable.

I liked your post because I agree with numbers. But I am hopeful the US will wise up and lower the spread of Covid 19.

We are all in this together and it is time to wise up and fight this enemy ( Covid 19 ) with everything we have in arsenal including masks and avoiding large groups.

I, too, am hopeful.

On the other hand, the actual behavior of the American populace means that I am not very hopeful.

20-09-24 A1 - G8 + CHINA COVID TABLE.JPG

20-09-24 A2 - COVID vs Other Causes TABLE.JPG

20-09-24 zC4- Total US Deaths.JPG

Did you see the "Etc."? part?

Etc is not a number.

Now if you had actually included an actual link to the actual source, that might have helped your post make something that a completely innumerate person could have confused with something that sort of looked like it resembled something that could possibly have had the potential to make sense.

Well if blue is a race, isn't old?

The last time I looked, "blue" was NOT a "race".

Nor is "black".

Nor is "white".

Nor is "red".

Nor is "yellow".

Nor is "brown".

(Nor is "Jewish" for that matter.)
In fact, the last time I looked, there was only one "race" which was permitted to vote in American elections, and that "race" was "human".

In the US, the Center for Disease Control has admitted that its original estimate of the number of deaths caused solely by Covid-19 was 94% wrong. The true number of deaths caused by Covid-19 alone is only 6% of the previously released official total.

I see this all over the right wing posts of my Trumpster friends. I have no idea where it comes from, and is almost undoubtedly false.

It isn’t as if Dr Redfield has much credibility these days. The whole country has watched Trump bully the director, and the CDC for months.

I have not been able to find a reliable news report supporting this new Trumpster claim. I am assuming that it must be some tweet or 8chan.

This thread is insane. I don't think I've ever seen a more repulsive bunch than Trump supporters.

I see this all over the right wing posts of my Trumpster friends. I have no idea where it comes from, and is almost undoubtedly false.

It isn’t as if Dr Redfield has much credibility these days. The whole country has watched Trump bully the director, and the CDC for months.

I have not been able to find a reliable news report supporting this new Trumpster claim. I am assuming that it must be some tweet or 8chan.

It is false. I posted in post 32 of this thread.

For example, people died with diabetes not because of it, said Dr. William Schaffner, an infectious-diseases expert at Vanderbilt University.

“If it hadn’t been for the COVID virus infection, these people would be living today,” he said.
“So yes, although they have contributing underlying chronic health factors, it’s still the COVID virus that killed them.”

https://www.clickondetroit.com/heal...-reduced-the-death-count-related-to-covid-19/

Der fuhrer didn’t even manage to do that.

Der fuhrer didn’t even manage to do that.

<SARC>That is an out and out falsehood.

Not a single member of Mr. Trump's immediate household has died from COVID-19 and that means that the protective measures that Mr. Trump has instituted have been 100% successful<SARC>.

Back
Top Bottom