• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

On CNN's 200,000 COVID Deaths

Compare it to the 650,000 Americans who died from the Spanish flu and when we only had 1/3 of today's population

The 1918 influenza killed over 650K in a span of two years with the largest death toll occuring during a second wave. I'm pretty sure they didn't have ventilators back then, either.

Compare that to 220K in just 7 months...and we're still in the first wave.

Also...90% of those who recovered from Covid-19 are still experiencing chronic symptoms months after the initial infection....

Here's a sample of age:

Etc...

Follow me?
Yeah, you don't care about old people dying, do you?

Here's a sample of age:

Etc...

Follow me?

In the US, the Center for Disease Control has admitted that its original estimate of the number of deaths caused solely by Covid-19 was 94% wrong. The true number of deaths caused by Covid-19 alone is only 6% of the previously released official total.

The 1918 influenza killed over 650K in a span of two years with the largest death toll occuring during a second wave. I'm pretty sure they didn't have ventilators back then, either.

Compare that to 220K in just 7 months...and we're still in the first wave.

Also...90% of those who recovered from Covid-19 are still experiencing chronic symptoms months after the initial infection....

I agree.

I would like to add that that 112,000 died since mid May when we knew the 3 Ws

Wash hands
Watch distance
Wear a mask

Was needed to help slow the spread of Covid 19.

Why some don’t care about Grandma is beyond me.

I remember when members of this forum were so concerned that hospital death panel would not care grandma, now it seems those are very people who are saying they care if Covid 19 kills grandma sine she is over 60 or 65.

In the US, the Center for Disease Control has admitted that its original estimate of the number of deaths caused solely by Covid-19 was 94% wrong. The true number of deaths caused by Covid-19 alone is only 6% of the previously released official total.

You are spreading misinformation.

such claims misrepresent the data. A death isn’t excluded from the COVID-19 tally just because the person was obese or had diabetes or dementia. Someone with heart problems can still be killed by COVID-19, and the death certificate could mention both as contributing.

Experts say it’s not surprising that so few people who died from COVID-19 had no underlying conditions listed on their death certificates. It is rare for people not to have multiple medical issues at death.

“The underlying cause of death is the condition that began the chain of events that ultimately led to the person’s death," Dr. Robert Anderson, who oversees the CDC’s death statistics work, said in a statement.
“In 92% of all deaths that mention COVID-19, COVID-19 is listed as the underlying cause of death."

Also, while death certificates are supposed to list any causes or conditions that contributed, past research has shown that the documents aren’t perfect. Doctors might not know – or specify – all the reasons behind a particular death.

More important, the CDC figures show what medical professionals have been saying since the outset of the pandemic — that the virus tends to have a more severe impact on people with underlying conditions.

For example, people died with diabetes not because of it,
said Dr. William Schaffner, an infectious-diseases expert at Vanderbilt University.

“If it hadn’t been for the COVID virus infection, these people would be living today,” he said.
“So yes, although they have contributing underlying chronic health factors, it’s still the COVID virus that killed them.”

https://www.clickondetroit.com/heal...-reduced-the-death-count-related-to-covid-19/

Compare it to the 650,000 Americans who died from the Spanish flu and when we only had 1/3 of today's population

The "Spanish" (more properly "American" because that is the country where it started and whose government ignored it) flu killed 650,000 Americans over 26 months. That's an average 25,000 Americans per month.

COVID-19 has killed 206,486 Americans over 6.66 months. That's an average of 31,004 Americans per month.

The odds that advances in medical science since 1920 have NOT resulted in keeping that average monthly death toll down are roughly nil.

And compare it to the NORMAL 2 1/2 million that die every single year?
What you are not examining is the 200K is on TOP of the normal 2.5 million people who die every year. And, the year is not over. It is likely that the 200K gets to be 300K by the end of the year since fall tends to cause more respiratory diseases to occur. Now, the mortality rate has gone down due to partly a change in demographics of who is getting right now, as well as improved therapeutics However. if you have a population that refuses to take the proper precautions, because of 'freedom' , the death rate will rise. Yesterday, there were 969 people who died of covid 19 (so far reported) in the U.S. If you assume 900 a day , if we don't reverse that trend, that will be 27,000 a month , for the next 3.5 months?? That's darn near 300K, and that is assuming we have the same average we have now. If it goes up, which the expert are worried about since it's getting to fall/winter, it could top that. So, instead of 2.5M, we have 2.8M, and increase of 12 percent over normal.

What you are not examining is the 200K is on TOP of the normal 2.5 million people who die every year. And, the year is not over. It is likely that the 200K gets to be 300K by the end of the year since fall tends to cause more respiratory diseases to occur. Now, the mortality rate has gone down due to partly a change in demographics of who is getting right now, as well as improved therapeutics However. if you have a population that refuses to take the proper precautions, because of 'freedom' , the death rate will rise. Yesterday, there were 969 people who died of covid 19 (so far reported) in the U.S. If you assume 900 a day , if we don't reverse that trend, that will be 27,000 a month , for the next 3.5 months?? That's darn near 300K, and that is assuming we have the same average we have now. If it goes up, which the expert are worried about since it's getting to fall/winter, it could top that. So, instead of 2.5M, we have 2.8M, and increase of 12 percent over normal.

I liked your post because I agree with numbers. But I am hopeful the US will wise up and lower the spread of Covid 19.

We are all in this together and it is time to wise up and fight this enemy ( Covid 19 ) with everything we have in arsenal including masks and avoiding large groups.

Typical liberal response. Think you're morally superior and call anyone else morally degenerate.

Typical liberal response. Think you're morally superior and call anyone else morally degenerate.
Where did anybody say that? That looks like a massive straw man.

RapidAlpaca, sorry not used to this new setup for the site.
The button to the right of the 'reply' button is 'quote' If you toggle it so it says +quote' it will up a quote there.

They did not. You and others simply don't understand death certificate coding. Influenza nor AIDS should ever be the only things listed on death certificates, just like covid-19, because they dont cause death by themselves.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Follow me?

Yes, I think most people on this thread followed you and agreed that you do not care about old people dying.

By the same token, noone should be prosecuted for murder if they kill an 80 year old, right?

So what I'm getting from this topic is that it'd be fine for me to pop over and murder 200k people as long as I just stick to killing the elderly.

Good to know in case I ever become an insane serial killer.

It has more to do with "Facts are stubborn things"

This may shock you but some people would rather their elderly relatives didn't die from a preventable virus but maybe that's just selfish of them.

This may shock you but some people would rather their elderly relatives didn't die from a preventable virus but maybe that's just selfish of them.

Well of course?

But do you remember the 2017 Flu season when we had like 60,000 deaths and no one even heard about it?

Back
Top Bottom