• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

On biology and transgenderism (is lia Thomas a woman?)

I can't, I am ignorant on some things.
At least “some”.
That is why I am trying to get informed on this thread.

Our SCOTUS nominee seems to think biology can tell us if lia Thomas is a woman.

Well can it?
if so, how...and source?
Wait until a transgender civil rights case makes it to SCOTUS, then we’ll all find out what the collective body determines.

I doubt whatever their decision is will be as simple as you’d prefer.

Given the recent interest stirred up on this, I wanted to find out was I missing something.

Has biology answered the question of whether lia Thomson the dude swimmer that stole a girls trophy (or any trans) is a woman? Is he a woman according to biology?

Duh....of course not. Who in their right mind could or would disagree?.....oh, wait a minute, liberals, lol.

At least “some”.

Wait until a transgender civil rights case makes it to SCOTUS, then we’ll all find out what the collective body determines.

I doubt whatever their decision is will be as simple as you’d prefer.
So I assume you think lia is a woman. Upon what are you basing this if you can't answer biologically with an authoritarian source?

I read some interesting studies on the brains of those who are transgender. Seems those who consider themselves transgender brains are different, but not enough studies done yet to determine if that is a cause and effect.
So are those who suffer from schizophrenia or numerous other mental disorders.

So I assume you think lia is a woman. Upon what are you basing this if you can't answer biologically with an authoritarian source?
My personal opinion is that she (Lia) is entitled to live her life as a woman, free from discrimination.

Having said that, I believe the unfair physical advantage that some transsexuals in sports have over their biologically female opponents deserves to be addressed.

My personal opinion is that she (Lia) is entitled to live her life as a woman, free from discrimination.

Having said that, I believe the unfair physical advantage that some transsexuals in sports have over their biologically female opponents deserves to be addressed.
Well at least that's a piece of common ground that we can agree upon. I'm of the view that women athletes should not have to compete against transfemales post-puberty, when after their musculature have developed under the influence of testosterone, making them bigger and stronger, and also skeptical that hormone treatments can remove that physical advantage.

I'll even further agree with you that this is not applicable to some sports in which this difference doesn't pose an advantage, such as trap shooting.

Do you agree that living life as a woman (I agree he has that right) doesn't make him an actual woman, or disagree?

A!so since you didn't answer, do you think biologically he is not a woman?

If it's a lost scholarship, dashed opportunity, or misdirected acceptance at an amateur or professional event, fine to adapt new rules; but some trans kid playing kickball or volleyball on the playground on the boys or girls team? That's slap-flat discriminatory.

It's not so much the competitive edge issue as it is the cruel, inhuman, and downright abusive legislative earmarks against a small, harmless, oppressed and marginalized subset of Americans. Child abuse? The child abuse is singling out, labeling, and denying support for those most in need.

Did biology tell you this? As out SCOTUS nominee seems to think it can?
Human sexuality isn't as simple as just biology because if it was then trans people would not exist. The fact that trans people do exists means that you must look at both biological gender and psychological gender identity. Once you do that then trans people do exist. Lia Thomas is a female.

If you want to be a closet transphobe and say that being female is limited to CIS females then Lia Thomas is not female.

What science?
Human sexuality isn't as simple as just biology because if it was then trans people would not exist. The fact that trans people do exists means that you must look at both biological gender and psychological gender identity. Once you do that then trans people do exist. Lia Thomas is a female.

If you want to be a closet transphobe and say that being female is limited to CIS females then Lia Thomas is not female.
Lia is a female.....who should not compete

If it's a lost scholarship, dashed opportunity, or misdirected acceptance at an amateur or professional event, fine to adapt new rules; but some trans kid playing kickball or volleyball on the playground on the boys or girls team? That's slap-flat discriminatory.

It's not so much the competitive edge issue as it is the cruel, inhuman, and downright abusive legislative earmarks against a small, harmless, oppressed and marginalized subset of Americans. Child abuse? The child abuse is singling out, labeling, and denying support for those most in need.
Non competitive sports should be open to everyone

Do you agree that living life as a woman (I agree he has that right) doesn't make him an actual woman, or disagree?
As far as I’m concerned, how a person presents themself to me is how I accept them. I make no judgment beyond that, period.
A!so since you didn't answer, do you think biologically he is not a woman?
Biology includes more than outward appearances. Like another poster, I’ve also read about studies finding physical differences between cisgender and transgender brains. No telling what else scientists may find with further studies.

Lia is a female.....who should not compete
Why should she be exempted from athletic competition if she is female?

Non competitive sports should be open to everyone
Your idea is illogical. How is it a sport if it is non-competitive? That is dangerously close to religious thinking.

Back
Top Bottom