• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

On a scale from one (bad) to ten (excellent) how would you rate the Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy?

On a scale from one (bad) to ten (excellent) how would you rate the Ukrainian President Volodymyr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
On a scale from one (bad) to ten (excellent) how would you rate the Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy?

Not knowledgeable enough to make a Poll choice.

If he wasn't a willing/unwilling tool of the Globalist...including US...desire to use Ukraine as a money laundering country, he would probably be a pretty good President.

Unfortunately, he can't say no to them.

I think one should be able to by now.
One would think that, right?

How he presided before this war, I had not really paid attention, how he has handled the current situation in Ukraine since the invasion? Closest I would go is 5 on the scale, maybe 6. He hasn't won and he hasn't lost, so at the moment he is somewhere in the middle IMO.

No one is perfect. No one is perfect for every situation. Zelensky has done an outstanding job in the incredible situation Ukraine faces.

You didn't ask, but I would give the citizens of Ukraine a 9.5. They want to be a part of Europe. They want to be free and independent. They want want to keep their fledgling democracy and they are willing to sacrifice and die for it. Their sacrifices to date have been beyond belief and still as a nation they soldier on. No defeat, no surrender.

Glory to Ukraine.

Has everyone already forgotten what happened three years ago? Donald Trump tried to extort a bribe from him in exchange for his already approved military security assistance. Trump wanted him to lie about a fake investigation into his political opponent.

Zelenskyy told Trump to go pound sand. That put him up to a 7 in my book and he has so far earned every bit of a 10 with his handling of the war.

If he wasn't a willing/unwilling tool of the Globalist...including US...desire to use Ukraine as a money laundering country, he would probably be a pretty good President.

Post one supporting link, please, aside from theconservativetreehouse.com or other CT plagued websites...

BTW, Trump Organization and the UK culpability compared to Zelenskyy's ...

FEBRUARY 24, 2022
"..They are also playgrounds for the Russian elite that have for years drawn the attention of financial crimes enforcers. Residents have included Dmitry Rybolovlev, a billionaire who famously bought a mansion from Donald Trump in 2008 for $60 million more than its asking price just a few years earlier, and Alexander Yuzvik, who has overseen construction of Russian military and intelligence projects.

..A Reuters investigation the following year estimated that Russians had spent at least $98.4 million in seven Trump-branded properties in Hollywood and Sunny Isles Beach alone. Oleg Misevra, a Russian coal magnate who has repeatedly earned Putin’s praise, bought a penthouse in Trump Hollywood in 2010 for nearly $7 million. A Russian politician, Vadim Valeryevich Gataullin, purchased two units in that same building for a little over $5 million combined, later selling them both, Reuters reported.
FINCEN VS. LAUNDERERS.."

Can Trump Organization Executives Be Prosecuted for Money ...

https://www.justsecurity.org › trump-organization-exec...
Mar 6, 2019 — Cohen's evidence exposes Trump Organization executives to the 'concealment prong' of the money laundering statute containing the bolded ...

Opinion | How Putin Weaponized London's Greed - The New ...

https://www.nytimes.com › 2022/03/11 › opinion › londo...
4 days ago — Russian oligarchs have been so happy to avail themselves of Britain's laissez-faire regulatory climate to park their wealth and launder ...

UK moves to clamp down on dirty Russian money - ICIJ

https://www.icij.org › investigations › fincen-files › uk-...
Mar 4, 2022 — Luxury properties in Eton Square in London is also known as Red Square ... crime bill to combat money laundering by foreign oligarchs.

How Britain let Russia hide its dirty money - The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com › news › may › how-brita...
May 25, 2018 — They have celebrated when oligarchs have bought our football clubs, ... the scale of so-called 'dirty money' being laundered through London?

Last edited:
Has everyone already forgotten what happened three years ago? Donald Trump tried to extort a bribe from him in exchange for his already approved military security assistance. Trump wanted him to lie about a fake investigation into his political opponent.

Zelenskyy told Trump to go pound sand. That put him up to a 7 in my book and he has so far earned every bit of a 10 with his handling of the war.

I’ll give him a 7. Dude loves his countries but I have no idea what his peacetime policies are and they could be awful.

Yes - I remember!

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy praised as he takes his message across the world

Unlike the coward president of Afghanistan who as soon as he saw the US leaving, he took his $160M and disappeared.
Different cultures, different influences. Ukraine wasn't more or less occupied as Afghanistan was by the USA. I'd bet you that people like Zelenskyy tended to join organizations like the Taliban.

Not saying it's good or even accurate, but if someone wanted their nation to be self-determining, the propaganda pointing to the government supported by the USA as a puppet unworthy of power would be fairly easy to sell.

No one is perfect. No one is perfect for every situation. Zelensky has done an outstanding job in the incredible situation Ukraine faces.

You didn't ask, but I would give the citizens of Ukraine a 9.5. They want to be a part of Europe. They want to be free and independent. They want want to keep their fledgling democracy and they are willing to sacrifice and die for it. Their sacrifices to date have been beyond belief and still as a nation they soldier on. No defeat, no surrender.

Glory to Ukraine.
I went with nine for the same reasoning, no one is perfect.

I figured a guy who had the courage to give both Trump and Putin the finger deserves a 9.

He is perfect for the times. A brave patriot who is leading his people through a terrible crisis.
"You may be an ambassador to England or France...
But you're gonna have to serve somebody, yes indeed...."

IMO, Zelenskyy is very fortunate to still be alive, let alone, "in charge". If the following is any indication, what an effing rathole of a country. Reminds me of the U.S. gov on January 6 ! Reading this, it is hard to fathom how cynicism of over age 50 Ukrainians coming up under Soviets
and transitioning into this would not have snuffed out all hope in future improvement.

www.aljazeera.com

Profile: Who are Ukraine’s far-right Azov regiment?

The far-right neo-Nazi group has expanded to be part of Ukraine’s armed forces, a street militia and a political party.
www.aljazeera.com

Profile: Who are Ukraine’s far-right Azov regiment?​

The far-right neo-Nazi group has expanded to become part of Ukraine’s armed forces, a street militia and a political party.
1 Mar 2022
"As the Russian invasion of Ukraine enters its sixth day, a Ukrainian far-right military regiment is back in the headlines.

So what is the Azov regiment?​

Azov is a far-right all-volunteer infantry military unit whose members – estimated at 900 – are ultra-nationalists and accused of harbouring neo-Nazi and white supremacist ideology....
A few months after recapturing the strategic port city of Mariupol from the Russian-backed separatists, the unit was officially integrated into the National Guard of Ukraine on November 12, 2014, and exacted high praise from then-President Petro Poroshenko.

“These are our best warriors,” he said at an awards ceremony in 2014. “Our best volunteers.”...
These forces were privately funded by oligarchs – the most known being Igor Kolomoisky, an energy magnate billionaire and then-governor of the Dnipropetrovska region.

In addition to Azov, Kolomoisky funded other volunteer battalions such as the Dnipro 1 and Dnipro 2, Aidar and Donbas units.
Azov received early funding and assistance from another oligarch: Serhiy Taruta, the billionaire governor of Donetsk region.

Neo-Nazi ideology​

In 2015, Andriy Diachenko, the spokesperson for the regiment at the time said that 10 to 20 percent of Azov’s recruits were Nazis..."

Is this man the most powerful Jew in the world? - Haaretz Com

https://www.haaretz.com ›
Kolomoisky serves as the president of one of the main Jewish organizations in Ukraine and holds joint Israeli citizenship. Yet he also seems to enjoy ...

Zelenskyy is also Jewish, but the Israeli government refuses to pick a side...

Translation: 40 Russian oligarchs with dual Israeli citizenship, incentivized by 15 year Israeli personal tax exemption,

Bennett returns to Israel after whirlwind trip to meet Putin, brief Germany’s Scholz

Few details provided on content of either sit-down amid PM's efforts to mediate in Ukraine war; Israeli leader also speaks by phone with Ukraine's Zelensky and France's Macron
www.timesofisrael.com
After Bennett's meeting with Scholz, the two agreed their aim was to ... stressing Israel's strong relations with both Russia and Ukraine.

Zelensky's majority in parliament reportedly depends on Ukraine-Israeli-Cyprus citizen oligarch, Kolomoisky's political party's continued support...

October 3, 2021
"..The Pandora papers, leaked to the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) and shared with the Guardian as part of a global investigation however, suggest Zelenskiy is rather similar to his predecessors.

The leaked documents suggest he had – or has – a previously undisclosed stake in an offshore company, which he appears to have secretly transferred to a friend weeks before winning the presidential vote.

Zelenskiy has not commented on the claim despite extensive attempts by the Guardian and its media partners to reach him. His spokesperson ..messaged: “Won’t be an answer.”

The files reveal Zelenskiy participated in a sprawling network of offshore companies, co-owned with his longtime friends and TV business partners. They include Serhiy Shefir, who produced Zelensky’s hit shows, and Shefir’s older brother, Borys, who wrote the scripts. Another member of the consortium is Ivan Bakanov, a childhood friend. Bakanov was general director of Zelenskiy’s production studio, Kvartal 95. .."

February 16, 2022

"He must build constructive relations with states that are ready to support him; and countries that want to back Ukraine. Most of all, he needs to develop and approve pro-growth economic policies. The exact opposite is happening. While this is not as “romantic” as soldiers moving into battle, Ukraine’s current tax policy and pressure on businesses are considered the reason for weak investment and falling support for Zelensky among the top business leaders and the middle class. No investment plus no jobs equals no support.

Frustration mounts even more because there is a perception in Ukraine that tax increases don’t apply to everyone. Zelensky’s biggest critics will point out that one of his top backers, billionaire Igor Kolomoisky, under U.S. sanctions, has enjoyed support from Parliament to avoid higher taxes on his mining operations. The State Department has alleged that Kolomoisky, long believed to be a key supporter to Zelensky’s campaign in 2019, laundered money from a Ukrainian bank into dollar accounts here and elsewhere, The Washington Post reported in March. Zelensky’s relationship with Kolomoisky media company 1+1 was the subject of the Panama Papers investigations of the offshore accounts of the rich and powerful. In addition to the tax hikes, Ukraine’s Tax Service has gone after international companies. Zelensky deeply distrusts the Ukrainian establishment ... The list of Zelensky’s targets is long. It includes multinational Swedish medical laboratory firm Synevo; it has been targeted by Ukraine’s IRS equivalent for allegedly failing to provide documents confirming the company's expenses.

Global steel giant ArcelorMittal had its bank accounts in Ukraine frozen over tax evasion claims this January. They called the investigation “political pressure.” “The company considers these charges baseless and a clear example of political pressure on a major foreign investor. There is no current tax related civil proceeding against ArcelorMittal and no legal grounds to freeze the company’s accounts,” the steel manufacturer said last month. Arcelor is the largest foreign investor in Ukraine. .. Major corporations can handle the tax load. They also have legal avenues to avoid taxation. Small business owners in Ukraine do not. .."

Where can I obtain this level of knowledge that you have access to? I thought I was well informed but I had no idea about these things of which you speak? It's not your ass pocket, is it?

Where can I obtain this level of knowledge that you have access to? I thought I was well informed but I had no idea about these things of which you speak? It's not your ass pocket, is it?
Last week, Mycroft shared a link with readers here recently to the "wisdom" of former Publix produce department manager, "Sundance"

You link to this Putinized POS, Sundance. Stick your, "who on earth are you talking about," where the sun doesn't shine!

"Sundance's" current Trump flavoured, "produce"

Col Douglas Macgregor Gives His Current Status Perspective on Ukraine Conflict​

March 16, 2022 | Sundance | 183 Comments
"Trying to provide alternate perspectives on the status of the conflict in Ukraine, Aaron Mate of the Grayzone asks Col Douglas Macgregor his take on the dominate narrative in the US that militarily this is a disaster for Russia. Colonel Macgregor outlines that western media has a specific narrative diminishing reality and filled with wishful thinking. Max Blumenthal follows up with a question on the military situation.
Col Macgregor’s take is the entire Russian Operation is focused on the Military Destruction of the Ukrainian Army. The Russian Army is largely successful in this goal, but it is going slow, because of the Russian intent to maintain critical infrastructure. The Azov Battalion’s operations Mariupol also comes up as point of discussion as one of the dynamics of the conflict. WATCH: ..."

Former FBI Agent Peter Strzok Has Found Another Vast Russian Conspiracy To Investigate​

"March 15, 2022 | Sundance | 279 Comments
It is pathetic and laughable, and it would be more pathetic and laughable if the ancillary issues represented by the idiocy were not so serious.
Former FBI lead Counterintelligence Agent Peter Strzok, the person who investigated the vast Trump-Russia conspiracy theory for two years and spent hundreds of millions of taxpayer funds in the process, has found another Russian conspiracy theory to promote.
Stand back and look at this from an intellectual and reasonable standard for a moment and just accept the insanity of it all. Peter Strzok is claiming that Fox News Host Tucker Carlson and former Democrat Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard are actual Russian operatives working for the Kremlin..."

Back
Top Bottom