• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

On a practical cheerful note

Simpletruther

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
As much as we are opposed, it might surprise you progressives that I live with a pretty low carbon footprint, not to save the planet, but because I am a tight arse that is also paranoid about getting stuck in a government poor folks retirement home where the nurses leave in your dirty diaper forever.

So I drive a tiny cheap Yaris, I live in a partial underground home I built by hand, and have a 3% body fat.

Sadly I do have a 40 minute commute to work though.

And with the beef prices these days I am inching toward vegan lifestyle, though I will hopefully nEver have to go full on vegan.

I have an epa certified clean wood stove and wear thermals around the house in winter.

My biggest weakness is crisp central a/c when it's hot. I'm will sacrifice all before I give that up.

Now lets see how quickly we can start insulting on some side note.

As much as we are opposed, it might surprise you progressives that I live with a pretty low carbon footprint, not to save the planet, but because I am a tight arse that is also paranoid about getting stuck in a government poor folks retirement home where the nurses leave in your dirty diaper forever.

So I drive a tiny cheap Yaris, I live in a partial underground home I built by hand, and have a 3% body fat.

And with the beef prices these days I am inching toward vegan lifestyle, though I will hopefully nEver have to go full on vegan.

I have an epa certified clean wood stove and wear thermals around the house in winter.

My biggest weakness is crisp central a/c when it's hot. I'm will sacrifice all before I give that up.

That's good news, I was hoping there was someone out there to cancel me out! I'm the exact opposite, live in way more house than I need on a golf course, drive Corvettes and Jeeps and grill as much as possible no matter the price. Keep up the good work, I may slip a little further into depravity. 🤣

I do admire your discipline. 👍

That's good news, I was hoping there was someone out there to cancel me out! I'm the exact opposite, live in way more house than I need on a golf course, drive Corvettes and Jeeps and grill as much as possible no matter the price. Keep up the good work, I may slip a little further into depravity. 🤣

I do admire your discipline. 👍
Hey if all works out, I might be doing that in the twilight years, spending all the kids inheritance.
May the force be with me...

Just to stir the pot, I suspect I have a smaller footprint that the majority of progressives here, live what you preach.

curious ... you mentioned an "epa certified clean wood stove"; what causes that to be found "clean"?

kudos on the disciplined living. curious about the self-built home. that's one hell of a feat

curious ... you mentioned an "epa certified clean wood stove"; what causes that to be found "clean"?

kudos on the disciplined living. curious about the self-built home. that's one hell of a feat
Epa stoves use what is called "secondary combustion" which is when air is preheated though a baffle and fed above the flame. Once temperatures reach about 400 the off gases reignite above the fire. It is sometimes very attractive and fun to watch. It's like ghost flames. But it gives far less waste pollution though your chimney. And it requires very dry (,seasoned wood) to be effective.

My dad was a handyman and gave me confidence in. Attempting what I did. I was a brick mason, self employed, so I had time often in between big jobs. I would work on the house.

I framed, plumbed, roofed bricked, trimmed basically by myself. Wife painted, dad in law built cabinets.
My brother-in-law electrician helped with electrical and central unit and duct., I hired the sheetrock and the concrete slab finish.

Just to stir the pot, I suspect I have a smaller footprint that the majority of progressives here, live what you preach.
Well I would like to hear some lifestyles guys. Fess up.

A rare Alabama snow hit last night, got a dusting on the car tops. Makes me cheerful.

A little surprised no progressives want to describe their footprint.

Back
Top Bottom