• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Omniscient & Omnipotent ???

For example
  • thinking that for there to be God, he would have to want to make your life easy
  • that God that is all good, must give you everything you want
  • that God would not let bad things happen
  • that God cannot care about humans
  • that we would need to be able to understand why God created us for there to be a reason

In other words, a fantasy life...:roll:

There is a simple answer to why there seems to be so much illogical about "God", and that is because it is a manmade creation, that is why the believers have to spend so much time in apologism, trying to make square blocks fit into round holes. One lame excuse after another to try to "explain" why there is such illogic when referencing "God".

The simplest and most logical answer is that there are no gods.

Which definitely proves God has the ability to use that power in any way He chooses, in spite of what disbelievers make up in their heads...
Do you suggest that God realized at some point that He would regret creating man, willingly undid His ability to know that, forgot it, created man and regretted it?

Do you suggest that God realized at some point that He would regret creating man, willingly undid His ability to know that, forgot it, created man and regretted it?

I'm suggesting God withdrew His ability to see into the future as to what man would do when He created Adam and Eve, otherwise there would be no free will...from other scriptures, including this one, we can see that God did indeed create man with free will and since you can't have it both ways, that must be the case...

I'm suggesting God withdrew His ability to see into the future as to what man would do when He created Adam and Eve, otherwise there would be no free will...from other scriptures, including this one, we can see that God did indeed create man with free will and since you can't have it both ways, that must be the case...

"I am suggesting".......
People who sometimes claim that we can't know the mind of God.....and other times arguing about what is on the mind of God.
None of it makes any sense.

"I am suggesting".......
People who sometimes claim that we can't know the mind of God.....and other times arguing about what is on the mind of God.
None of it makes any sense.

Only when referring to scripture...all scriptures, does it begin to make sense...try it sometime...that same scripture you quoted also says "but we do have the mind of Christ"...shall I quote it for you?

"For who has come to know the mind of Jehovah, so that he may instruct him?” But we do have the mind of Christ." 1 Corinthians 2:16

Only when referring to scripture...all scriptures, does it begin to make sense...try it sometime...that same scripture you quoted also says "but we do have the mind of Christ"...shall I quote it for you?

"For who has come to know the mind of Jehovah, so that he may instruct him?” But we do have the mind of Christ." 1 Corinthians 2:16

Fabulism. Scriptures can mean whatever any particular person wants them to mean, That is proven time and again. Apologism.
First comes the beliefs and them comes the attempts to justify them.

Fabulism. Scriptures can mean whatever any particular person wants them to mean, That is proven time and again. Apologism.

Wrong...they are a collective and can only mean what the collective says...

What about all these verses?
Jeremiah 29:11, NIV For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Psalm 16:5, GNT You, LORD, are all I have, and you give me all I need; my future is in your hands.

Job 14:5, NLT You have decided the length of our lives. You know how many months we will live,

Proverbs 19:21, ESV Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.

Psalm 139:4, NIV Before a word is on my tongue, you, Lord, know it completely.

Isaiah 55:8, ESV For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.

Isaiah 46:10, ESV declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,’

John 16:13, ESV When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

John 10:28, ESV I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.

Proverbs 3:5-6, ESV Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Psalm 118:8, KJV It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
Related: Bible Verses about Trusting God Not Man

Matthew 6:33, NLT Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. See also: Jesus is all I need

Romans 8:28, NASB And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Ephesians 2:10, ESV For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. (God is working through you and me!)

Psalm 31:14-15, NLT …I am trusting you, O LORD, saying, “You are my God!” My future is in your hands… (Related: Never doubt in the dark what God told you in the light.)

15 Encouraging Bible Verses about God Knowing the Future – Daily Bible Verse Blog
How do you make them fit your narrative?

Wasn't it you who has never studied any scripture at all?

What about all these verses?
How do you make them fit your narrative?

Jeremiahs 29:11...the “future” that Jehovah has thought out for us is the most desirable one, of course it is still our choice as to whether to submit to his universal sovereignty, that of everlasting life with peace, prosperity and happiness through Jesus Christ....this is the hope that Jehovah sets before us...He leaves it up to us to act in harmony with it...

Psalm 16:5...David was speaking from the spiritual person pov who has faith in God and has God’s mind on matters...he looks to God for guidance and is determined to obey him...

Job 14:5...Job was feeling his mortality and was looking to God for answers to his suffering and when it would end...he also began with the word "If" so he was not sure of what he was stating...

Proverbs 19:21...simply means regardless of what men try to accomplish, if their plans are not in harmony with God’s purposes, they will eventually come to nothing, as Psalm 127:1 states...

Psalm 139:4...simply means God knows our thoughts and needs at the present, just as Jesus said that God “knows what you need even before you ask him” Matthew 6:8...

Isaiah 55:8...as I stated earlier, we do have Jesus thoughts of mind recorded, Jesus thinks in perfect harmony with his Father...

Isaiah 46:10...since God’s purposes are certain of accomplishment, he can foreknow the results, the ultimate realization of his purposes, and can foreordain them as well as the steps he may see fit to take to accomplish them, that is certain, whether we individually act in harmony with His will or not...

John 16:13...the holy spirit does indeed help Jesus' loyal ones to do his will, as Jesus promised..."And I will ask the Father and he will give you another helper to be with you forever," John 14:16...

John 10:28...that is merely a Christian's hope and nothing but our own actions can separate us from that hope...

Proverbs 3:5,6...words of wisdom...if only all followed...;)

Psalm 118:8...more words of wisdom, not everyone chooses to follow...

Matthew 6:33...God's promise that if we put His kingdom 1st, He will take care of us...David made the same observation in Psalm 37:25..."I was once young and now I am old, But I have not seen anyone righteous abandoned, Nor his children looking for bread."

Romans 8:28...I think Byington’s The Bible in Living English gives a more accurate reading so as to get the proper understanding...“And we know that to those who love God, God gives all cooperation for good, to those who, as suited his purpose, are called"...just as Jesus said, "No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him," John 6:44...we still have the choice as to whether to comply or not...

Ephesians 2:10...simply referring to the Christian congregation as a whole, just as God referred to the nation of Israel as a whole, even though some disobeyed...

Psalm 31:14,15...again, David is speaking from a servant of Jehovah's pov...

Last edited:
jeremiahs 29:11...the “future” that jehovah has thought out for us is the most desirable one, of course it is still our choice as to whether to submit to his universal sovereignty, that of everlasting life with peace, prosperity and happiness through jesus christ....this is the hope that jehovah sets before us...he leaves it up to us to act in harmony with it...

Psalm 16:5...david was speaking from the spiritual person pov who has faith in god and has god’s mind on matters...he looks to god for guidance and is determined to obey him...

Job 14:5...job was feeling his mortality and was looking to god for answers to his suffering and when it would end...he also began with the word "if" so he was not sure of what he was stating...

Proverbs 19:21...simply means regardless of what men try to accomplish, if their plans are not in harmony with god’s purposes, they will eventually come to nothing, as psalm 127:1 states...

Psalm 139:4...simply means god knows our thoughts and needs at the present, just as jesus said that god “knows what you need even before you ask him” matthew 6:8...

Isaiah 55:8...as i stated earlier, we do have jesus thoughts of mind recorded, jesus thinks in perfect harmony with his father...

Isaiah 46:10...since god’s purposes are certain of accomplishment, he can foreknow the results, the ultimate realization of his purposes, and can foreordain them as well as the steps he may see fit to take to accomplish them, that is certain, whether we individually act in harmony with his will or not...

John 16:13...the holy spirit does indeed help jesus' loyal ones to do his will, as jesus promised..."and i will ask the father and he will give you another helper to be with you forever," john 14:16...

John 10:28...that is merely a christian's hope and nothing but our own actions can separate us from that hope...

Proverbs 3:5,6...words of wisdom...if only all followed...;)

psalm 118:8...more words of wisdom, not everyone chooses to follow...

Matthew 6:33...god's promise that if we put his kingdom 1st, he will take care of us...david made the same observation in psalm 37:25..."i was once young and now i am old, but i have not seen anyone righteous abandoned, nor his children looking for bread."

romans 8:28...i think byington’s the bible in living english gives a more accurate reading so as to get the proper understanding...“and we know that to those who love god, god gives all cooperation for good, to those who, as suited his purpose, are called"...just as jesus said, "no man can come to me unless the father, who sent me, draws him," john 6:44...we still have the choice as to whether to comply or not...

Ephesians 2:10...simply referring to the christian congregation as a whole, just as god referred to the nation of israel as a whole, even though some disobeyed...

Psalm 31:14,15...again, david is speaking from a servant of jehovah's pov...

*yawn*

A believer has every right to give the basis for their beliefs...God's Written Word...don't like it, don't bother reading/responding to it..

Of course, one item when it comes to "God's written word" is the abillity to show that what you claim is from God and is "God's written word" is actually from God.

That's exactly how disbelievers often justify their disbelief. First they define God in false terms and then they reject that.

Define God. No has done so.

Some Christians don't consider God to be all-knowing. The Bible does say God is all-knowing, but it also says at Genesis 6:6 "The LORD regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled."

I am not aware of any Christian who doesn't believe god to be omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent.
But I am sure there are some. Afterall, everyone makes god in their own image.

Back
Top Bottom