• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Omniscient & Omnipotent ???

Who is the "they" referring to in this quote?

Who know's the world is "evil"?

Atheists. And of of course Valery has canvassed the opinion of every atheist in the world. Why do theists make these silly blanket statements?

Diverting again? Not falling for it. :2wave:

Asking you a direct question is not evading. You are following the usual theist's modus operandi. Tell us how you know that all atheists think that the world is evil or admit that you made it up.

Preaching from holy books in this forum is a little bit silly.
Whining about it in this forum is expected. :giggling:
It's too bad you can't win an actual debate on anything and that you're so ignorant of all scripture that you just can't debate them. :mrgreen:

Asking you a direct question is not evading. You are following the usual theist's modus operandi. Tell us how you know that all atheists think that the world is evil or admit that you made it up.
It can certainly be if it is beside the topic, stupid or unreasonably difficult to explain. Yours was all of those.

Diverting again? Not falling for it. :2wave:

So this is how you're going to operate here at DP huh?

You're going to post baseless nonsense, from a position of complete ignorance, then when questioned about your posts you're going to deflect and dodge.

A truly cowardly foundation to build on every level.

Atheists.

At this point I'm convinced Valery hasn't the slightest clue what the definition of atheist is.

Also sure he/she wouldn't provide a coherent answer to the question if asked.

It can certainly be if it is beside the topic, stupid or unreasonably difficult to explain. Yours was all of those.

Atheists think that the world is evil. That statement is very easy to understand. Where did you get that gem of information from? Be brave and actually answer a question.

At this point I'm convinced Valery hasn't the slightest clue what the definition of atheist is.

Also sure he/she wouldn't provide a coherent answer to the question if asked.

Let us offer a means of taking the shovel away from Valery. Perhaps he/she meant some atheists. I would agree with that. Some believers thinkthat the world is evil.

So this is how you're going to operate here at DP huh?

You're going to post baseless nonsense, from a position of complete ignorance, then when questioned about your posts you're going to deflect and dodge.

A truly cowardly foundation to build on every level.

Typical theist behaviour in these forums. They have the same modus operandi as conspiracy theorists. They never answer a direct question. The statement 'atheists think that the world is evil' sits up and begs for the question 'where did you get that info from?' We know where it came from, and that place is not called reality.

A believer has every right to give the basis for their beliefs...God's Written Word...don't like it, don't bother reading/responding to it..

Typical theist behaviour in these forums. They have the same modus operandi as conspiracy theorists. They never answer a direct question. The statement 'atheists think that the world is evil' sits up and begs for the question 'where did you get that info from?' We know where it came from, and that place is not called reality.

That place is called ignorance.

Same place that many Americans come from who make statements like: "Muslims are terrorists."

Do you think Valery would have a problem with that comment?

That place is called ignorance.

Same place that many Americans come from who make statements like: "Muslims are terrorists."

Do you think Valery would have a problem with that comment?

No. Obviously all Muslims are terrorists. I said so, no proof needed.

I said so, no proof needed.

That seems to be the way he/she operates. So, cool. Maybe I'll use your post as my prove that the statement is true. I mean, it is in writing now isn't it?

Is your god both omniscient, and omnipotent?

I mean, that's part of what being a god is all about isn't it?
On some level?

For example:

When your god created the heavens and the Earth, did he know that Adolph Hitler would be born in 1889, and grow up to become the maniac he became?
Before Adam and Eve picked that apple, did your god know Americans would invent the atomic bomb and drop it on Japan, twice, in 1945?
Before a pandemic like Covid-19 breaks out, does your god already know exactly how many, and exactly who will die from it, and when?

Before God created Adam and Eve, it knew they would disobey(sin) and it knew when they would disobey.
And it punished them and all of mankind anyway, for something it knew was going to happen before the creation.

Now the question is why?

I have been told to teach mankind a lesson, but the lesson results are also already known.

Allah is my God and your God.

Do you mean, how do i know He is so according to Islamic teachings or do you mean in general how it can be known?

Do you suppose there could be two omnipotent and omnicent Gods?

Likely thousands.
And thousands of teachings of those thousands of Gods.

Depends on what you believe of God. If you believe in an omnipotent and all powerful God then I suppose you would assign omniscience as well. And you might believe in a God that controls and directs every act and action or that intervenes on a whim. But if you believe in a loving Father that HAPPENS TO BE omnipotent, then I think you would be closer to understanding God and Gods role.

As a parent, do you KNOW your children are going to struggle? Suffer? Experience pain and heartache? Do you let them and if so, what kind of an earthly god are you to allow them to experience life? Of course...the alternative is to keep them in bubble wrap, protect them. Keep them isolated in the basement, locked away form all stimulus and feeding them only things for their sustenance. For their entire existence.

If however you recognize how horrible that existence would be then then you as a parent have the obligation to love them, nurture them, teach them...and then let them grow and know experiences...some wonderful and some horrible. No matter how desperately you would WANT to keep them from pain you would understand that at some point you HAVE to let them live...even if that means sometimes they die.

And in that moment you begin to have a small glimpse of what Gods existence is.

And then torment them forever is some supposed hell, if they didn't mind you the way you envisioned. That's not love.

Are you going to be upset if I make a thread called, "what is the best Harry Potter book?" and quote a Harry Potter book in that thread?

Do you expect people to have to live by the rules written in the Harry Potter Book?
Civilizations built upon a Harry Potter book?
Wars based on Harry Potter books?

Do you expect people to have to live by the rules written in the Harry Potter Book?
Civilizations built upon a Harry Potter book?
Wars based on Harry Potter books?

thats death eater talk! away with you servant of he who must not be named!

Before God created Adam and Eve, it knew they would disobey(sin) and it knew when they would disobey.
And it punished them and all of mankind anyway, for something it knew was going to happen before the creation.

Now the question is why?

I have been told to teach mankind a lesson, but the lesson results are also already known.

Are they? if that were true, we'd all be following God's direction and not our own, making the same stupid mistakes mankind has made for 1000's of years...

Are they? if that were true, we'd all be following God's direction and not our own, making the same stupid mistakes mankind has made for 1000's of years...

Mankind isn't the omniscient being. Mankind doesn't know the same stupid mistakes.

Mankind isn't the omniscient being. Mankind doesn't know the same stupid mistakes.

Sure he does...he's just too stupid to admit it...

"What has been is what will be,
And what has been done will be done again;
There is nothing new under the sun.
" Ecclesiastes 1:9

Now the question is why?

God truly is an ass if you believe in the whole omniscient omnipotent being thing.

He's never once been successful in creating life to his liking.

Apparently even the Angels he created rebelled, tried to over-throw, and rejected god.
Then Adam and Eve.
Then all of humanity after Noah.

Either god knew all this was going to happen, therefore the concept of punishing all life for the actions of a few can only be rather evil, or god isn't omniscient or omnipotent.

Sure he does...he's just too stupid to admit it...

"What has been is what will be,
And what has been done will be done again;
There is nothing new under the sun.
" Ecclesiastes 1:9

Come on. Mankind is NOT the omniscient being. Sheesh.

Adam and Eve had no foreknowledge of sinning.
No human person knows when the Earth/World is going to end. According to the story not even the Son of Man will know. Only the God knows.

Back
Top Bottom