• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Omniscient & Omnipotent ???

That's just your little trick because you think of God as similar to a human being. The Holy Qur'an says in Surat al-Ikhlas verse 4 (interpretation of the meaning):
"Say, He is God, the One
God, the Self-sufficient One
He does not give birth, nor was He born
and there is nothing like Him"

That is a fine claim. Can you show that it's true?? Show that the Qur'an is true. It also does not address the point of the conflict between 'all powerful' and 'all knowing'.

Last edited:
That is a fine claim. Can you show that it's true?? Show that the Qur'an is true. It also does not address the point of the conflict between 'all powerful' and 'all knowing'.
It did. There is no conflict. You created a conflict in your head because you want there to be one. The "can God create a rock so heavy he can't lift it" is in the same file of trash.

It did. There is no conflict. You created a conflict in your head because you want there to be one. The "can God create a rock so heavy he can't lift it" is in the same file of trash.

How did it? By appealing to mystery? No, it doesn't, not at all. It doesn't even address the point

That's just your little trick because you think of God as similar to a human being. The Holy Qur'an says in Surat al-Ikhlas verse 4 (interpretation of the meaning):
"Say, He is God, the One
God, the Self-sufficient One
He does not give birth, nor was He born
and there is nothing like Him"

No preaching please, evidence would be more welcome. Stop quoting your holy book of fiction.

What nonsense.
Think about. They know the world is evil. There is no way, if the child lives to adulthood, that he won't suffer. Most likely, he will suffer terribly. He might even regret having been born. Then, if God wills, he lives to old age and dies. :shrug:

No preaching please, evidence would be more welcome. Stop quoting your holy book of fiction.
Somebody is afraid of books he doesn't believe in... :ssst: You need to be careful which subforum you click yourself into.

Somebody is afraid of books he doesn't believe in... :ssst: You need to be careful which subforum you click yourself into.

There is a diffrence between being 'afraid' and 'being skeptical'. I mean, I don't believe the Harry Potter books either.

There is a diffrence between being 'afraid' and 'being skeptical'. I mean, I don't believe the Harry Potter books either.

Are you going to be upset if I make a thread called, "what is the best Harry Potter book?" and quote a Harry Potter book in that thread?

Are you going to be upset if I make a thread called, "what is the best Harry Potter book?" and quote a Harry Potter book in that thread?

Nope, but, i won't believe that the book tells the truth either.

Somebody is afraid of books he doesn't believe in....

Utter nonsense. How in hell's bells can anyone be afraid of something they don't believe in?

What's apparent is that it's you who is afraid to actually author original thoughts, and would rather simply stoop to cut-n-paste crap that's completely meaningless.
(there's others here at DP who do the same lazy and idiotic thing on a regular basis)

Perhaps a better word is cowardice.

Utter nonsense. How in hell's bells can anyone be afraid of something they don't believe in?

What's apparent is that it's you who is afraid to actually author original thoughts, and would rather simply stoop to cut-n-paste crap that's completely meaningless.
(there's others here at DP who do the same lazy and idiotic thing on a regular basis)

Or faith. Why is it that you are all here and then act like mentioning scripture is a crime?

Think about. They know the world is evil. There is no way, if the child lives to adulthood, that he won't suffer. Most likely, he will suffer terribly. He might even regret having been born. Then, if God wills, he lives to old age and dies. :shrug:

Bollocks.

Afraid? From which orifice did you pull that one out?

Or faith. Why is it that you are all here and then act like mentioning scripture is a crime?

Crime? From which orifice did you pull that one? I was merely pointing out that holy books are fiction and in no way can be called evidence. Believing in fairy stories is not a crime.

Crime? From which orifice did you pull that one? I was merely pointing out that holy books are fiction and in no way can be called evidence. Believing in fairy stories is not a crime.

Preaching from holy books in this forum is a little bit silly.

There's a theology section where you can post scripture. Have at it.

Here, we're supposed to be debating or at least discussing topics.

Mindless cut-n-paste, with nothing else to explain or support it, is lazy and borderline rude.

Please provide some data to support the claim that atheists know the world is evil.

Define "evil" in this context too please.

Then explain how you came to "know" this "fact".

Mindless cut-n-paste, with nothing else to explain or support it, is lazy and borderline rude.
There's no rule that says scripture should be posted there.

I was discussing. Maybe it made you uncomfortable and that's why you're diverting attention from the original discussion? ;)

My 'mindless cut and paste' was 4 short lines. :giggling:

Perhaps Valery does not understand the scepticism bit.

um question what's a real god need with faith?

all the man made gods need it because they exist inside of peoples head and nowhere else but a real all powerful all knowing god can just make itself known and be around for everyone

whats a real god need with scripture for that matter when it can relay it messages to every one with exactly the bits they need and with perfect clarity unaffected by access to books literacy or language barriers or drift within the same language over time?

Last edited:
Please provide some data to support the claim that atheists know the world is evil.

Define "evil" in this context too please.

Then explain how you came to "know" this "fact".
Diverting again? Not falling for it. :2wave:

Back
Top Bottom