• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

OMG, This WaPo Piece

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
It is absolutely scathing. Brutal in it's honesty; devastating in what it exposes. It's the retelling of the "Emperor Wears No Clothes."

Trump refused to see it that way [that he lost]. Sequestered in the White House and brooding out of public view after his election defeat, rageful and at times delirious in a torrent of private conversations, Trump was, in the telling of one close adviser, like “Mad King George, muttering, ‘I won. I won. I won.’ ”

However cleareyed Trump’s aides may have been about his loss to President-elect Joe Biden, many of them nonetheless indulged their boss and encouraged him to keep fighting with legal appeals. They were “happy to scratch his itch,” this adviser said. “If he thinks he won, it’s like, ‘Shh . . . we won’t tell him.’ ”

I recommend finding a way around the paywall or use your Amazon membership for access, whatever it takes. The read will make your day.

It is absolutely scathing. Brutal in it's honesty; devastating in what it exposes. It's the retelling of the "Emperor Wears No Clothes."

I recommend finding a way around the paywall or use your Amazon membership for access, whatever it takes. The read will make your day.

Yes I understand your worship of Jeff Bezos because he is the richest man on earth and understand his greed-reasons to want Joe Biden. WaPo is Jeff Bezos.

Trump supporters only believe Trump, Fox News, and Rush Limbaugh.

They dismiss everyone and everything else.

Yes I understand your worship of Jeff Bezos because he is the richest man on earth and understand his greed-reasons to want Joe Biden. WaPo is Jeff Bezos.

You think Bezos, one of the most successful businessmen in the world, would prefer a republican newspaper, the WSJ, or something similar?

Seems to me he is hands off, and the WaPo, though owned by Bezos, does what it want, devoid of him.

That's good, but if it were Murdoch purchasing the paper, it would transition to the right.

Trump supporters only believe Trump, Fox News, and Rush Limbaugh.

They dismiss everyone and everything else.
Actually I watched Bret Baer the other day and he's referring to Biden as, "President Elect Biden".

The Trump Cult and Republicans relationship with Trump has always been a Hans Christian Andersen tale of "The Emperor's New Clothes" from day one and will most likely continue that way. Delusional deniers, that crowd and Trump will always believe what is not there, however obvious the facts.

Back
Top Bottom