• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

OMG, how the republicans change their argument depending on who is president!

aps said:
Clinton did not use the same wiretap procedures.
Of CORSE Clinton didn't use the SAME procedures because:

1. Clinton not only authorized/ordered warrantless wiretaps, he also authorized/ordered the entrance into private homes/buildings and the search and seisure of private property without warrants, and...

2. We were not in a time of war when Clinton was doing it...so what was his excuse?

What about all those illegal FBI files Slick Willey had squirreled away on his enemies and all the Republicans for his own personal use against them? Dude, spare the hypocrisy. Don't try to argue that is was perfectly legal when clinton and Carter did it (and will be legal again the next time a Dem is in the White House) but that it is illegal NOW because it is a Republican/Bush!

aps said:
I think any president, no matter which party he is a member of, should condemn the breaking of the law.
Then, if he truly believes those types of programs are illegal/Un-Constitutional, he ought to step up and admit that HE BROKE THE LAW when he did it and stop the BS pot-calling-the-kettle-black routine! The trouble is he does NOT believe it was wrong when he did it any more than Clinton thinks it was illegal when HE did it. They only spout this biased BS NOW because it is a Republican in the White House pulling a 'Carter/Clinton'!

I STILL remember Kerry after 9-11, during an interview, in which he called 9-11 a MISSED OPPORTUNITY for the Democrats because the Republicans had a President in the White House instead of them and that it was hard to un-seat a President during a time of war! A MISSED FREAKIN' OPPORTUNITY! Clinton sits in the seat while Americans died on 4 seperate occassions at the hands of Al Qaeda and did absolutely NOTHING, then, when Al Qaeda kills so many Americans here at home on 9-11, the Demnocratic party leaders - as per Kerry's own words, see 9-11 as nothing more than a missed political opportunity! That sums up the Democratic party leasdership of today - so power hungry that they see deaths of Americans as missed opportunities and travel to muslim countries and take cash to incite Muslim violence against our own country and troops (Gore), all in their quest to regain POWER! THAT is what this wiretap cr@p is about, too - just another 'Opportunity', except they don't plan to miss this one!

aps said:
Are you saying that because Carter is a democrat, he should overlook that a fellow democrat broke the law? What kind of morals do you have?

No, by all means he should chastise Clinton for breaking the law - Felonious Perjury is a serious crim. :shock: Oh, were you talking about the wire tap thing? Wrell, no he shouldn't ignore that as well - he should come clean and berate Clinton for his use of the program, if he REALLY thinks it is wrong! As far as morals and ethics - I do NOT have the same ones the Democrats do: Hollywood's!

Link to Carter's use of the program - here ya go, here's one:
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20060210-110722-2189r.htm

Last edited:
aps said:
So here is this author complaining about worrying that Clinton is overstepping his bounds, but NOW the republicans/cons are not worried about Bush overstepping his bounds. To me, it is the pot calling the kettle black.

I believe you need to reconsider your attribution of that article to a repub or conservative author. As I noted previously, the author might be considered 'conservative' only if you put a couple of 'ultras' in front of conservative. The views expressed in that article do not, IMO, represent either mainstream republican or conservative viewpoints.

You're asking aps to reconsider - ie, flip-flop? :doh

While Clinton may have been guilty of these actions (I have never seen data verifying this) it is irrelevant to todays issues. We all know Clinton Sucked (or was sucked) lets just take that as a given.....but what of Bush....you know the guy in power now...I couldn't care less what Clinton did, unless I was writting a research paper, as it has no effect on the here and now.
There are just too many little things that add up to one very big thing in my mind:

I Cant Trust My Federal Government....I just cant

aquapub said:
Once again, I see you avoid the subject and make irrelevant smears. Very telling.

Either refute my points or stop posturing. I do not assert that only Democrats are corrupt. But I won't let liberals so hypocritically smear Republicans without correcting them either.

You know, aquapub, I decided to check out your other posts and you exude anger in almost all of them. You are also unbelievably partisan, which is part of what your anger is based upon. Yikes.

true, but it has nothing to do with being republican. its just a human trait. someone posted a link to this article a few days ago:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/29/AR2006012900642_pf.html

the washington post said:
Studies presented at the conference, for example, produced evidence that emotions and implicit assumptions often influence why people choose their political affiliations, and that partisans stubbornly discount any information that challenges their preexisting beliefs.

Emory University psychologist Drew Westen put self-identified Democratic and Republican partisans in brain scanners and asked them to evaluate negative information about various candidates. Both groups were quick to spot inconsistency and hypocrisy -- but only in candidates they opposed.

When presented with negative information about the candidates they liked, partisans of all stripes found ways to discount it, Westen said. When the unpalatable information was rejected, furthermore, the brain scans showed that volunteers gave themselves feel-good pats -- the scans showed that "reward centers" in volunteers' brains were activated. The psychologist observed that the way these subjects dealt with unwelcome information had curious parallels with drug addiction as addicts also reward themselves for wrong-headed behavior.

Back
Top Bottom