• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

OMG Hot Sauce Challenge

We grew our own ghost peppers last year, froze some, made some hot sauce. Wonderful aroma. Hold yer breath while doing the washing up.
No kidding. The spray from the faucet can make your eyes water.

Ghost peppers taste so much like habaneros that I don't see much point in raising them. Habanero plants are easier to find and more attractive in the garden. I want to try the scorpion and reaper peppers, partly because they look so interesting.

This is like the Cinnamon Challenge where you try and eat a whole spoon of cinnamon and gag. You'd think people would grow out of playground dares to eat ants or dirt. Yea, I want approval from others by torturing myself with an intensely irritating, blistering agent. I couldn't believe when Ghost and Reaper pepper consumption hit Youtube, who could be that dumb?

No kidding. The spray from the faucet can make your eyes water.

Ghost peppers taste so much like habaneros that I don't see much point in raising them. Habanero plants are easier to find and more attractive in the garden. I want to try the scorpion and reaper peppers, partly because they look so interesting.
Ghost peppers are hard to grow because they are such prima-donnas. I tried for 2 years and they like it hot but they want it to be humid as well. They are beyond what I can tolerate because I only taste heat and pain. Habaneros are stupid easy to grow and are very, almost shockingly prolific, but I prefer red savinas over the orange habanero.

Last edited:
This is like the Cinnamon Challenge where you try and eat a whole spoon of cinnamon and gag. You'd think people would grow out of playground dares to eat ants or dirt. Yea, I want approval from others by torturing myself with an intensely irritating, blistering agent. I couldn't believe when Ghost and Reaper pepper consumption hit Youtube, who could be that dumb?
If you read the excerpt, it goes into why people pursue extreme heat. Large amounts of capsicum will release an endorphin rush.

Ghost peppers are hard to grow because they are such prima-donnas. I tried for 2 years and they like it hot but they want it to be humid as well. They are beyond what I can tolerate because I only taste heat and pain. Habaneros are stupid easy to grow and are very, almost shockingly prolific, but I prefer red savinas over the orange habanero.
I've never had any trouble with growing ghost peppers, but you're right about habaneros. Anyone can grow them and make a great decorative plants. I haven't tried savinas, but red and green makes for an attractive combination.

For most culinary purposes, I go with chili pequin. hopefully the freeze didn't completely kill them. They aren't quite as hot as habaneros and they have exceptional flavor. The only problem is that you need about 20 at a time.

If you read the excerpt, it goes into why people pursue extreme heat. Large amounts of capsicum will release an endorphin rush.

I've never had any trouble with growing ghost peppers, but you're right about habaneros. Anyone can grow them and make a great decorative plants. I haven't tried savinas, but red and green makes for an attractive combination.

For most culinary purposes, I go with chili pequin. hopefully the freeze didn't completely kill them. They aren't quite as hot as habaneros and they have exceptional flavor. The only problem is that you need about 20 at a time.
My favorite culinary pepper is the super chili hybrid.

Tabasco peppers grow quite well but they all ripen at one time in late August.

Back
Top Bottom