• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

OMG As of January 2017 there will be no more crime or violence!!!

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
According to Donald.

I'm voting for Trump!!!!

:lamo

I'm starting to wonder when he's going to start talking about Hillary. Sounds like mostly fluff so far.:lamo

I'm starting to wonder when he's going to start talking about Hillary. Sounds like mostly fluff so far.:lamo

He did say he was going to show us how he is going to do all this.

I never understood the point of a strict law and order candidate, especially for president, when crime rates have been in decline for years.

I will present the facts plainly and honestly.

But here, at our convention, there will be no lies. We will honor the American people with the truth, and nothing else.

I have a message for all of you: the crime and violence that today afflicts our nation will soon -- and I mean very soon -- come to an end. Beginning on January 20th 2017, safety will be restored.

Sure thing Donnie.

Hook, line and sinker... lap it up like the morning milk.

I heard that part of the speech. I didn't take it as on 1/17 there will no more crime or violence. I looked at in a more broad meaning of he will be a law and order President, vs. what we have now.

and by the way, I am not a Trump supporter. I stated before , I really don't like Hilary or Trump.

I heard that part of the speech. I didn't take it as on 1/17 there will no more crime or violence. I looked at in a more broad meaning of he will be a law and order President, vs. what we have now.

and by the way, I am not a Trump supporter. I stated before , I really don't like Hilary or Trump.

Those plummeting crime rates are out of control!

Those plummeting crime rates are out of control!

The OP made a statement regarding Trump's speech and what would happen on 1/17. I gave a broader view on what I thought Trump stated.

Being a Law and Order President is not all about stats.

Trump did what he's done this entire campaign. Making grandiose claims and setting completely unrealistic goals.

Trump did what he's done this entire campaign. Making grandiose claims and setting completely unrealistic goals.

Wow, he's certainly the first candidate to do that!

I never understood the point of a strict law and order candidate, especially for president, when crime rates have been in decline for years.

Indeed.

If anyone needs to have their guns taken away, its the police.

Indeed.

If anyone needs to have their guns taken away, its the police.

Yeah.....that strikes me as a truly awful idea, especially in a country where it isn't exactly difficult for criminals to acquire firepower. .

Yeah.....that strikes me as a truly awful idea, especially in a country where it isn't exactly difficult for criminals to acquire firepower. .

.....................................Due to gun-control legislation.

The OP was already pretty well debunked in the other thread (runs to create yet another thread on the same topic?)

Searching the text for January
I have a message for all of you: the crime and violence that today afflicts our nation will soon come to an end. Beginning on January 20th 2017, safety will be restored.
On January 21st of 2017, the day after I take the oath of office, Americans will finally wake up in a country where the laws of the United States are enforced. We are going to be considerate and compassionate to everyone.

Full text: Donald Trump 2016 RNC draft speech transcript - POLITICO

Maybe he swallowed or stumbled on that word on delivery, or there was a crowd chant the drowned it out, or whatever. But the text is the text.

Due to them being criminals and not obeying said legislation in the first place.

....................An appeal to authority is a logical fallacy.

By ALL MEANS....SHOOT more BLACK PEOPLE in THE FACE.

The OP was already pretty well debunked in the other thread (runs to create yet another thread on the same topic?)

Searching the text for January

Maybe he swallowed or stumbled on that word on delivery, or there was a crowd chant the drowned it out, or whatever. But the text is the text.

This could not be an accident.

I have a message for all of you: the crime and violence that today afflicts our nation will soon -- and I mean very soon -- come to an end. Beginning on January 20th 2017, safety will be restored.

That was intentional.

Half those lies are supposedly debunked by talking points and nitpicking? Biased article.

An example:
Trump Lie: My opponent has called for a radical 550% increase in Syrian refugees on top of existing massive refugee flows coming into our country under President Obama. She proposes this despite the fact that there’s no way to screen these refugees in order to find out who they are or where they come from.

Fact : PolitiFact rated Donald Trump’s claim that there was “no system to vet” refugees “False.” [PolitiFact, 6/13/16]

Trump is only repeating what top officials in Obamas administration have said. Did politicus fact check Clapper and Comey. Comey said there is no way to vet refugees reliably.

Next:
Trump Lie: Of all my travels in this country, nothing has affected me more deeply than the time I have spent with the mothers and fathers who have lost their children to violence spilling across our border.

Fact: Washington Post Fact Checker: “Data on immigrants and crime are incomplete, but a range of studies show there is no evidence immigrants commit more crimes than native-born Americans.” [Washington Post, 7/8/15]

Does anyone see the word illegal? That is who Trump is speaking of. If they are not here the crime cannot be committed.

The article is leftist bull**** and misrepresents the meanings of what was said to suit them.

Donald Told No Less Than 21 Fact Checked Proven Lies During His Acceptance Speech

This could not be an accident.

That was intentional.

Oh Nos! Bombast and hyperbole in a political speech then. Like we've never heard that before!

I think you need to give up your crusade on this one.

Oh Nos! Bombast and hyperbole in a political speech then. Like we've never heard that before!

I think you need to give up your crusade on this one.

Well there you have it.

Just as the right should stop with the Crooked Hillary tripe. :lamo

Back
Top Bottom