• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Olympic Disaster in Rio again

Watching these Olympics is going to be legendary for all of the wrong reasons.

Watching these Olympics is going to be legendary for all of the wrong reasons.

If I was a mayor of a major city there is a chance in hell I'd endorse the Olympics in my city. They're just not worth it in the long run. Have you seen all the pics of run down Olympic venues? It's depressing.

If I was a mayor of a major city there is a chance in hell I'd endorse the Olympics in my city. They're just not worth it in the long run. Have you seen all the pics of run down Olympic venues? It's depressing.

It is not just the venues, they have completely dropped the ball on even basic services like sanitation, source water supply, and transportation. The whole thing is marred in corruption and mismanagement, and it seems to be touching just about every aspect of hosting an Olympics.

Literally, athletes from around the globe will end up going home with health complications, diseases, viruses, sicknesses, what have you.

We will be talking about this for a very long time, and I suspect the IOC will be forced into new rounds of due diligence and contractual controls going forward. Brazil will end up embarrassed over this.

London did fine out of it. The important thing is to have a plan to either recycle the venues, reused them or sell them.

It is not just the venues, they have completely dropped the ball on even basic services like sanitation, source water supply, and transportation. The whole thing is marred in corruption and mismanagement, and it seems to be touching just about every aspect of hosting an Olympics.

Literally, athletes from around the globe will end up going home with health complications, diseases, viruses, sicknesses, what have you.

We will be talking about this for a very long time, and I suspect the IOC will be forced into new rounds of due diligence and contractual controls going forward. Brazil will end up embarrassed over this.

yep I think they continue to do water testing on the rio there are untold millions of bacteria from the raw
sewage that has been dumped into the water.

the city promised to build like 5 or 6 cleaning stations but only 1 is built.
there is no way that they can clean the river up in time.

during the test run one of the boaters caught MRSA.
even the water way out of the rio is so contaminated it isn't funny.

what I want to know is where are all the eco-nuts at on this.

honestly I don't see how they can hold any water games in Rio.
I wouldn't even trust the swimming pools.

this bike path issue is just one step in a larger problem.
if this is the type of construction then all the venue's are at risk of collapse.

what should happen is that if a city wants to host the Olympics then a designated
team of construction companies are selected by the Olympic committee a head of the process.

it seems what has happened is a lot of political corruption with construction contracts going to
family friends and businesses.

they are taking huge short cuts to pocket the money and this is the result.

London did fine out of it. The important thing is to have a plan to either recycle the venues, reused them or sell them.

I do believe Olympic park in salt lake is doing very well to.

Two dead after bike path for Rio Olympics collapses | Fox News

I think this is going to be the worst Olympics ever. There are multiple issues with multiple events
with the river events being the worst.

this is the 2nd worst. as part of the bike path just broke off and fell into the ocean.

Hearing they where struggling awhile back to find places for the rowers to practice without human feces floating in it kinda convinced me.

Hearing they where struggling awhile back to find places for the rowers to practice without human feces floating in it kinda convinced me.

it is an eco and human hazard of epic proportions.

you can't drink the water or probably even take a bath or shower.
so I don't know how the athletes are going to stay hydrated in that heat unless
they import a ton of it.

honestly unless something is done I don't see how they can hold the games here without risking
life injury or possible death.

They should have never given these games to Rio, especially not so soon after the world cup soccer.

The same goes for the world cup in Qatar, the FIFA idiots who chose that country need to have their heads examined or need to be locked up (which is happening to loads of them due to corruption).

Depends on the city.

Just an absolute mess.

A guy that was staying in the hotel said he was just in rio.
some of the people he was with went to the beach all of them got sick
as a dog.

it is really just that nasty and polluted. I don't think they even got in the water.

My boys are finally old enough that they can appreciate the Olympics so a while back my wife and I spoke about arranging for the timeshare down in Rio and getting some tickets.

Then we looked in to things and took the boys to Disney World instead.

I wouldn't want to go down there on business, never mind recreation.

Back
Top Bottom