• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in Conte

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Director Oliver Stone belittled the Holocaust during a shocking interview with the Sunday Times today, claiming that America's focus on the Jewish massacre was a product of the "Jewish domination of the media."
The director also defended Hitler and Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and railed against the "powerful lobby" of Jews in America.

Stone said that his upcoming Showtime documentary series "Secret History of America," seeks to put Hitler and Communist dictator Joseph Stalin "in context."

Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in Context' | NewsBusters.org

What a shame Mr. Stone has to remain hostage in a country he hates so....

j-mac

Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

Certifiably nuts. Stone is an abortion of a man.

Re: Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed 'in C

This is in the wrong forum Newsbuters is a blog site "not actual news." So this is someone opinion of what he says, and hell it could be made up.

Last edited:

. This is in the wrong forum Newsbuters is a blog site "not actual news." So this is someone opinion of what he says, and hell it could be made up.

No, Stone has been clear on his opinion of Jews.. He probably believe the Elders of Zion as well.. :)

Nut job, move along..

Tim-

No, Stone has been clear on his opinion of Jews.. He probably believe the Elders of Zion as well.. :)

Nut job, move along..

Tim-

Meh I've really not heard much about him, since I am not old enough to know who he is. The Elders of Zion thing is crap, and this is coming from a Conspiracy Theorist. Anyone who believes that crap are to lazy to do research on that subject, and see it was faked by a bunch of racist.

So he is one of those people that think Jews control America, or does he thinks they control world events. :lamo

Last edited:

This is in the wrong forum Newsbuters is a blog site "not actual news." So this is someone opinion of what he says, and hell it could be made up.

It's not made up. He did give an interview to the Sunday Times of London and he did use quite inflammatory language. Unfortunately the article can't be linked online unless you have a subscription. I imagine it'll be made available in the next few days for free.

Either way. Absolutely despicable and uncalled for minimizing of the suffering of 6 million people. Yes, others were Hitler's target as well, I don't think anyone has ever tried to deny that. The fact that the world's Jewish community will NEVER forget and will never allow ANYONE ELSE to forget what happened to them is a GOOD thing. I can't believe anyone would ever dare suggest that keeping the world's focus on what happened during WWII alive is a negative thing. I have no words to convey just how much respect I've lost for this man. Not many people make me want to throw up, but with this one, he truly made me sick to my stomach.

Last edited:

read title of forum section. In police work, they call that a clue. :ssst:

I think, rather than it being the Jewish media dominating the airwaves, it is the human decency media that is at fault.

Never forget!

read title of forum section. In police work, they call that a clue. :ssst:

Rev It got moved after that was posted.

Thanks Arcana XV for the information, I don't pay attention to Celebrities that much, so I am not up to date with what the famous people do.

Rev It got moved after that was posted.

ahh. my bad. ;)

Thanks Arcana XV for the information, I don't pay attention to Celebrities that much, so I am not up to date with what the famous people do.

I'm the same way.

Director Oliver Stone belittled the Holocaust during a shocking interview with the Sunday Times today, claiming that America's focus on the Jewish massacre was a product of the "Jewish domination of the media."

Sounds like Stone got lost in the plots of one of his own movies. :lol:

ahh. my bad. ;)

I'm the same way.

Rev, its ok. I just don't get why its interesting to talk about what famous people do, because its their life let them live it like they want too.

Rev, its ok. I just don't get why its interesting to talk about what famous people do, because its their life let them live it like they want too.

I just don't care if your famous or not. less so, if said famous person is annoying about it.

I just don't care if your famous or not. less so, if said famous person is annoying about it.

Agreed with this, it just not worth the fuss I think.

IDk, considering over a hundred million people died to genocide or political oppression and only 6 million of them were Jews...
And if there were more movies on it rather than other genocides
And if american consciousness is formed by film...

"The Jewish domination of the media," responded Stone. "There's a major lobby in the United States. They are hard workers. They stay on top of every comment, the most powerful lobby in Washington. Israel has f***** up United States foreign policy for years."

I dont like the way he says 'jewish domination', but there is a heavy hand of jewish (and in the open and completely legal) interest in the news media,

also:
israel_lobby_home_book%5B1%5D.jpg

Speaking of foreign policy, some of the greatest minds in International Relations have been called anti-Semitic at one point or another.

Stone isn't a tactful speaker, but his words are definitely being misconstrued.

IDk, considering over a hundred million people died to genocide or political oppression and only 6 million of them were Jews...
And if there were more movies on it rather than other genocides
And if american consciousness is formed by film...

I dont like the way he says 'jewish domination', but there is a heavy hand of jewish (and in the open and completely legal) interest in the news media,

also:
israel_lobby_home_book%5B1%5D.jpg

Speaking of foreign policy, some of the greatest minds in International Relations have been called anti-Semitic at one point or another.

Stone isn't a tactful speaker, but his words are definitely being misconstrued.

Oh, I understand exactly what he means. He's not the first to ever bring this particular subject up. "If the Jewish people weren't constantly reminding everyone about the Holocaust, nobody would care...", "Why aren't other similar or worse genocides ever talked about?.." "What makes them so special?..." etc... It's an old and tired argument. The fact remains that they won't let the world forget and I hope they never stop rubbing it in our faces. They have every right to use every tool at their disposal, including the unconditional support of the most powerful nation on Earth, to remind the world over and over again that 6 million of their people were slaughtered during WWII. They're not the only ones who strive never to forget. The Armenian people have also tried to keep the memory of what happened to them from getting lost. The Native Americans to some extent have as well.

I completely understand what he so tactlessly tried to express. He was trying to say that the Jewish people are not the only ones to have been the victims of genocide. I have no issue with that, because it's true. My problem is with the way he said it and the implication that maybe the Jewish people should give it a rest already. That was just crass.

Oliver Stone is also a big fan of Castro, Chavez, and believes the federal government should seize banking and energy (everything pretty much except the film industry...cuz his bloated ass NEEDS them Benjamins!)...soooooo

In some ways Oliver Stone has a point, but I think he is mistaking the West's fondness for symbolism and simplicity as a Jewish conspiracy, and coming across too strongly to boot. However, he is right that most people don't have a holistic perception of that period in history, or any period in history, for that matter.

Last edited:

Oh, I understand exactly what he means. He's not the first to ever bring this particular subject up. "If the Jewish people weren't constantly reminding everyone about the Holocaust, nobody would care...", "Why aren't other similar or worse genocides ever talked about?.." "What makes them so special?..." etc... It's an old and tired argument. The fact remains that they won't let the world forget and I hope they never stop rubbing it in our faces. They have every right to use every tool at their disposal, including the unconditional support of the most powerful nation on Earth, to remind the world over and over again that 6 million of their people were slaughtered during WWII. They're not the only ones who strive never to forget. The Armenian people have also tried to keep the memory of what happened to them from getting lost. The Native Americans to some extent have as well.

I completely understand what he so tactlessly tried to express. He was trying to say that the Jewish people are not the only ones to have been the victims of genocide. I have no issue with that, because it's true. My problem is with the way he said it and the implication that maybe the Jewish people should give it a rest already. That was just crass.

Why should Jewish people be rubbing the holocaust in everyone elses face? Yes, it was a tragedy, but how many people today were alive in the 1940s? Rubbing it in someones face suggests they were responsible. If someone asked me to apologize for the Holocaust simply because I was Catholic I would refuse. Many different people in the world have been persecuted, it is ok to remember the tragedy, but you shouldn't be holding it over the heads of people who were not responsible.

Though I do not care for Stone's brand of political thought, Israel does have a large impact on U.S. foreign policy. There are many in the media and government who are Jewish or have worked for a Jewish lobbying group. I also think the U.S. has treated Iran unfairly. We condemn Iran for attmepting to build nukes, but allow Israel to keep their nukes. As far as I am concerned the U.S. owes Israel nothing. If anything, it should be Britain that is helping Israel out.

Meh I've really not heard much about him, since I am not old enough to know who he is.

Well then allow me. He's a deuche bag that cares more about drama than he does about facts. He is famous for twisting a story of truth in a way that has you questioning almost everything about it only to discover that his story was mostly BS. From Platoon, to JFK, to World Trade Center, he has proven himself to be an exploiter of true events while spicing the hell out of it for the drama.

It depends. Normally, celebrities running their mouths matter little. The media hypes it up and the gossip circles have a field day. People eat it up, because their own lives are just that boring. However, today's film directors and writers who take from history have an obligation to truth. They are modern day historians that have far more influence than history authors. When one of them spins real events into a controversial mess of BS, they are guilty of far more than just having stupid opinions.

Either way, why are we talking about the Jews as though they are an official organization rather than a loose affiliation of religious and cultural denominations?

Why should Jewish people be rubbing the holocaust in everyone elses face? Yes, it was a tragedy, but how many people today were alive in the 1940s? Rubbing it in someones face suggests they were responsible. If someone asked me to apologize for the Holocaust simply because I was Catholic I would refuse. Many different people in the world have been persecuted, it is ok to remember the tragedy, but you shouldn't be holding it over the heads of people who were not responsible.

I was talking from a broad historical perspective. It's their right to keep reminding the world that it happened. No one should ever imply that they should tone it down. What I meant by "rubbing it in our faces", was that I have absolutely no problem with them reminding us of what we as a species are capable of doing to each other. Seeing as it's pretty clear that other similar tragedies have gone largely unnoticed, it's important that those who possess a significant voice on the world stage are not silenced in any way.

Though I do not care for Stone's brand of political thought, Israel does have a large impact on U.S. foreign policy. There are many in the media and government who are Jewish or have worked for a Jewish lobbying group. I also think the U.S. has treated Iran unfairly. We condemn Iran for attmepting to build nukes, but allow Israel to keep their nukes. As far as I am concerned the U.S. owes Israel nothing. If anything, it should be Britain that is helping Israel out.

This part of Stone's argument finds little disagreement with me. Which is why I focused on the other part.

Over ten years now I've been thinking that Oliver's elevator didn't go all the way to the top floor.

Glad to see that he's exposed himself for the looney I've long suspected he was.

Why should Jewish people be rubbing the holocaust in everyone elses face? Yes, it was a tragedy, but how many people today were alive in the 1940s?

Because we need to be reminded of it. The message of the master race and human eugenics has been incredibly powerful throughout human history, and modern western science mixed with the technology of a modern western regime created one of the worst atrocities against humankind ever.

One should not act like a miniature Henry David Thoreau because you were not alive at the moment it had happened.

Back
Top Bottom