• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oleander is POISIN.

Guyzilla

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I had oleander two doors down growing up. The house we bought, was frequented by a VERY bad man, who many accused of various crimes. He smoked some oleander, and died. The dosage to get high, vs get dead, is almost nothing, and so, we avoided ingesting even a tiny amount.

Now, Trump, unsatisfied with his hero status, where Cloroquine is concerned, had some real geniuses over to the oval office, to find a cure for covid19.

And so, PILLOW GUY and Ben Carson, Andrew Whitney who is a pusher of oleander, told Trump it is not too late for him to be a glorious hero. Trump immediately sent out his request to flood the market with poisin. ANOTHER POISIN.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The extract was promoted to the president during an Oval Office meeting in July, which involved Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Ben Carson, MyPillow founder and CEO Mike Lindell and Andrew Whitney, an executive at Phoenix Biotechnology—a company that is developing and pushing the oleandrin product to the Trump administration.

During the meeting, Trump "basically said: ...'The FDA should be approving it,'" Lindell told Axios. But what is oleandrin and does the substance have any medical uses?

Whitney says that oleandrin can "cure" COVID-19, causing symptoms to disappear "in the vast majority of cases," Axios reported, although there is currently insufficient publicly available evidence to back up these claims.

"We have something that we believe will address the problem and we want to make it available," Whitney told Axios. "We believe we should be given the opportunity to demonstrate that in a hospital clinical trial setting and we believe that must happen now and not a month from now."

What Is Oleandrin? Trump Reportedly Wants FDA to Approve Plant Extract for Coronavirus
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump could save us all a lot of grief, if he simply took a dose, like the Cloroquine. This man is a lunatic.

I had oleander two doors down growing up. The house we bought, was frequented by a VERY bad man, who many accused of various crimes. He smoked some oleander, and died. The dosage to get high, vs get dead, is almost nothing, and so, we avoided ingesting even a tiny amount.

Now, Trump, unsatisfied with his hero status, where Cloroquine is concerned, had some real geniuses over to the oval office, to find a cure for covid19.

And so, PILLOW GUY and Ben Carson, Andrew Whitney who is a pusher of oleander, told Trump it is not too late for him to be a glorious hero. Trump immediately sent out his request to flood the market with poisin. ANOTHER POISIN.

The extract was promoted to the president during an Oval Office meeting in July, which involved Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Ben Carson, MyPillow founder and CEO Mike Lindell and Andrew Whitney, an executive at Phoenix Biotechnology—a company that is developing and pushing the oleandrin product to the Trump administration.

During the meeting, Trump "basically said: ...'The FDA should be approving it,'" Lindell told Axios. But what is oleandrin and does the substance have any medical uses?

Whitney says that oleandrin can "cure" COVID-19, causing symptoms to disappear "in the vast majority of cases," Axios reported, although there is currently insufficient publicly available evidence to back up these claims.

"We have something that we believe will address the problem and we want to make it available," Whitney told Axios. "We believe we should be given the opportunity to demonstrate that in a hospital clinical trial setting and we believe that must happen now and not a month from now."

What Is Oleandrin? Trump Reportedly Wants FDA to Approve Plant Extract for Coronavirus
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump could save us all a lot of grief, if he simply took a dose, like the Cloroquine. This man is a lunatic.

There is always a good side to everything. If you took Oleander and died, you smell good at the funeral home.

Poisin? Is that extracted from fermented taro root?

Trump watched this video and it stimulated him to recommend it as a cure for Covid-19

I take all of Tweety's medical advice. Does anyone know when i can pull this flashlight out of my ass? Also, I'm running low on Lysol and starting to hallucinate.

Asking for a friend

This comment is just beneath.

I am not the one suggesting poisins, with the official title of president. Trump is KILLING hundreds of thousands. I am tired of waiting to hear how many more he has killed. Waiting for MY infection.

I expect the next cure will be a Trump product, such as Trump steak, or Trump water.

Last edited:
Oleander is full of cardiac glycosides....much like foxglove and desert rose; cardiac glycosides are used in the drug Digitalis, which is used for patients with various heart conditions ( arrhythmias, congestive heart failure), etc.

However, unlike cardiac glycosides extracted from Foxglove, those from Oleander have an extremely narrow therapeutic usefulness.

Yeah, one really, really has to hold their nose really tight to vote for Trump -- I know, I did so in 2016 so I know how tightly I'll have to hold it again this year. (Note: one can't hold one's nose tight enough to vote for Biden-Harris.)

As to oleander, yeah, we had some growing in our neighbor's yard that reached over the fence, and my mom often warned us that it's poison!

So when I read this morning Trump's open to hearing this out about oleandrin's potential benefit in treating COVID-19, I thought, "Oh no -- another quack remedy.", but I also thought, "Hey, isn't oleander poisonous?!".

Still, all Trump's saying is that he's open to investigation on it considering that Dr. Ben Carson thinks it may have promise and that it has been shown to have anti-viral properties.

But, like with hydroxychloroquine, the dosage is unclear, and if you OD on it you could die.

The last thing we want is some oppositional defiant right-winger Trump-worshipper catching COVID-19 and then chowing down on an oleander plant.

Yeah, one really, really has to hold their nose really tight to vote for Trump -- I know, I did so in 2016 so I know how tightly I'll have to hold it again this year. (Note: one can't hold one's nose tight enough to vote for Biden-Harris.)

As to oleander, yeah, we had some growing in our neighbor's yard that reached over the fence, and my mom often warned us that it's poison!

So when I read this morning Trump's open to hearing this out about oleandrin's potential benefit in treating COVID-19, I thought, "Oh no -- another quack remedy.", but I also thought, "Hey, isn't oleander poisonous?!".

Still, all Trump's saying is that he's open to investigation on it considering that Dr. Ben Carson thinks it may have promise and that it has been shown to have anti-viral properties.

But, like with hydroxychloroquine, the dosage is unclear, and if you OD on it you could die.

The last thing we want is some oppositional defiant right-winger Trump-worshipper catching COVID-19 and then chowing down on an oleander plant.

NOPE, he said, they should ALREADY have approved it for widespread use.

We have it all over here too, its nasty stuff. A few years ago, there were a couple of MLM con men at a coffee shop I was at doing a presentation for some garbage product that was Oleander extract. I was on the laptop, so I googled their company name, found a web page explaining the sham, and turned my laptop around so the poor rube could see it. The con men were not happy, the rube was...

This post sure tries to confuse the issue as does the article. Firstly, “reportedly said” and “basically said” does not mean he actually said it. From what I understood from the article is that Trump showed curiosity with this botanical during a meeting. It was also clear ( once you got past the Trump hate in the article) that those that brought up the topic in the context of getting drugs/botanicals into testing and trials, that needs FDA approval. So, going from A to Z with forgetting the other 24 letters is a bit disingenuous.

I have no idea how many drugs out there treat diseases that are botanical based or synthesized using their molecular models but I’m confident there are many. Do you have an issue with testing botanicals and other molecules for possible new therapies?

This post sure tries to confuse the issue as does the article. Firstly, “reportedly said” and “basically said” does not mean he actually said it. From what I understood from the article is that Trump showed curiosity with this botanical during a meeting. It was also clear ( once you got past the Trump hate in the article) that those that brought up the topic in the context of getting drugs/botanicals into testing and trials, that needs FDA approval. So, going from A to Z with forgetting the other 24 letters is a bit disingenuous.

I have no idea how many drugs out there treat diseases that are botanical based or synthesized using their molecular models but I’m confident there are many. Do you have an issue with testing botanicals and other molecules for possible new therapies?

PILLOW guy ratted Trump out. Pillow guy LOVES Trump. So, when PILLOW GUY says, basically he said thus, HE SAID THUS.

All hysteria aside, from the article you linked it appears oleandrin is receiving attention from several universities as well as USAMRIID as a possible treatment for several cancers as well as HIV.

Professor Sharon Lewin, an internationally renowned expert on antiviral drugs from the University of Melbourne in Australia, told Axios: "Oleandrin looks to have antiviral activity at high doses in a test-tube model. You'd certainly want to see more work done on this before even contemplating a human trial" for its effectiveness against SARS-CoV-2—the virus that causes COVID-19.

No one, not even the people mentioned in the article, are pushing for this to be rolled out to market. Phoenix Pharmaceuticals wants to get it approved for trials.

And Cloroquine has been in use since the 1930s to treat Malaria, and Hyroxychloriquine has been in use since the 1940s to treat Malaria, Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis. Like most drugs, it's perfectly safe if taken as prescribed and not a "poisin". Your wish for the President to die is noted.

All hysteria aside, from the article you linked it appears oleandrin is receiving attention from several universities as well as USAMRIID as a possible treatment for several cancers as well as HIV.

No one, not even the people mentioned in the article, are pushing for this to be rolled out to market. Phoenix Pharmaceuticals wants to get it approved for trials.

And Cloroquine has been in use since the 1930s to treat Malaria, and Hyroxychloriquine has been in use since the 1940s to treat Malaria, Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis. Like most drugs, it's perfectly safe if taken as prescribed and not a "poisin". Your wish for the President to die is noted.

hahahahahaha perfectly safe. HAHAHAHAHAHAH

I am not the one suggesting poisins, with the official title of president. Trump is KILLING hundreds of thousands. I am tired of waiting to hear how many more he has killed. Waiting for MY infection.

I expect the next cure will be a Trump product, such as Trump steak, or Trump water.

You do understand that this administration is not responsible for “hundreds of thousands” of deaths. Not to minimize the 170k that have died from this virus that originated in Wuhan China. Maybe your anger should be re-focused on who really is to blame instead of partisan exaggerations and need to feed the bottomless pit of hate for one man.

Here’s some sad facts to consider, When China realized the outbreak would get out of control they stopped all air, train and road travel out of Wuhan province so the virus would not spread throughout the country. What they didn’t stop is international travel. We now have models that show the seeding into Europe and the US via that air travel out of Wuhan.

PILLOW guy ratted Trump out. Pillow guy LOVES Trump. So, when PILLOW GUY says, basically he said thus, HE SAID THUS.

Prominent businessmen that employ thousands often get an audience with the current sitting president. At least this administration isn’t sitting down and cooking up a plan to spy on a newly elected president.

NOPE, he said, they should ALREADY have approved it for widespread use.
NOPE, not if reported by the lame-stream media representative MSNBC.

MSNBC (along with CNN, CBS, NBC, and ABC) is notorious now for their "entertainment" fake news.

There's only one moderate news channel: Fox. This makes Fox the only channel that can be trusted to present real news.

When Fox reports that the President definitely said "the FDA should already have approved oleandrin for widespread use" then I'll think it's worth considering as a fact.

MSNBC and their ilk have already been caught misrepresenting President Trump many, many, many times, so they can no longer be trusted when it comes to supposedly "quoting" Trump, as their "exhibited" Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is off the charts.

I mean, you can tell by the way the OP linked article from MSNBC uses syntax and hedging statements that make them even seem apologetic about using the term "reportedly", that they're simply trying to make Trump look bad at the expense of the truth.

When you can post a Fox news report, not an editorial, and not merely an AP quote, about what Trump said regarding oleandrin, then it's worth considering as a fact.

Last edited:
You do understand that this administration is not responsible for “hundreds of thousands” of deaths. Not to minimize the 170k that have died from this virus that originated in Wuhan China. Maybe your anger should be re-focused on who really is to blame instead of partisan exaggerations and need to feed the bottomless pit of hate for one man.

Here’s some sad facts to consider, When China realized the outbreak would get out of control they stopped all air, train and road travel out of Wuhan province so the virus would not spread throughout the country. What they didn’t stop is international travel. We now have models that show the seeding into Europe and the US via that air travel out of Wuhan.

This administration is responsible for PETULANTLY dismissing all the report that Obama left, for preparedness in case of pandemic. It is responsible for waving off purchasing ALL WHO tests. Having a total failure on early attempts at a test. Restricting testing to only those with relations in wuhan etc. Not even discussing contact tracing, and quarantining. Calling it all a partisan hoax. Making masks a sign of loyalty, or lack thereof. Making opening up, not adherent to infection spread. Suggesting vile poisins, REPEATEDLY, to offer what he calls HOPE. He throws out conspiracy theories, till his people have mush for common sense now. They call anything HE tells them, fake.

Last edited:
NOPE, not if reported by the lame-stream media representative MSNBC.

MSNBC (along with CNN, CBS, NBC, and ABC) is notorious now for their "entertainment" fake news.

There's only one moderate news channel: Fox. This makes Fox the only channel that can be trusted to present real news.

When Fox reports that the President definitely said "the FDA should already have approved oleandrin for widespread use" then I'll think it's worth considering as a fact.

MSNBC and their ilk have already been caught misrepresenting President Trump many, many, many times, so they can no longer be trusted when it comes to supposedly "quoting" Trump, as their "exhibited" Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is off the charts.

I mean, you can tell by the way the OP linked article from MSNBC uses syntax and hedging statements that make them even seem apologetic about using the term "reportedly", that they're simply trying to make Trump look bad at the expense of the truth.

When you can post a Fox news report, not an editorial, and not merely an AP quote, about what Trump said regarding oleandrin, then it's worth considering as a fact.

Folks that talk like you, took koolaid in doses large enough to kill all the cult members that drank. The whole world is out to get Trump, due to his awesomeness. Unfortunately, all you cult members will not simply drink a Trump cocktail and lay down dead. When Trump loses, or fights not to lose, they will use their arsenals, for the use they were intended. Stopping the libs.

Back
Top Bottom