• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

OldReliable67 (RIP)

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
My friend-the guy who told me about this place hasn't been around for months. About a year ago he lost his wife and his last posts here were in October. Yesterday, I learned from another guy in the sport where I first met OldReliable that he had taken up biking after he lost his wife. Sadly, a couple days ago he was struck and killed by a teenage driver. Its unclear if there was any fault-but he is gone. He was a good guy and well liked by those who knew him. I will miss him.

My friend-the guy who told me about this place hasn't been around for months. About a year ago he lost his wife and his last posts here were in October. Yesterday, I learned from another guy in the sport where I first met OldReliable that he had taken up biking after he lost his wife. Sadly, a couple days ago he was struck and killed by a teenage driver. Its unclear if there was any fault-but he is gone. He was a good guy and well liked by those who knew him. I will miss him.

I'm sorry, man.

Be was good guy from all my experience with him

Reasonable, polite, all the good stuff.

RIP

That's a shame, and a sad way to go. Sorry TD.

So sorry for the loss of your friend TD.

That's a shame, and a sad way to go. Sorry TD.

Thanks, we only saw each other at tournaments-we'd often judge together or I'd be competing and he'd be a judge but we used to PM each other pretty regularly.

Sorry to hear it, TD. I'm not familiar with his posts, but still a sad story. I have plenty of friends that bike on-road and that's, of course, their major concern. I'm sure he was a great person and will be missed.

I'm very sorry to learn this terrible news. May he and also his wife rest in peace.

Sorry to hear about that. Super smart guy and reasonable to a fault.

I'm sorry to hear this. He offered some great insight in the econ forum and just came off as a really nice guy.

I only talked to OldReliable once, but it was obvious from our short talk he was a highly intelligent individual. I regret not talking to more when I had the chance, but i enjoyed reading his posts and found them to be informative and well thought out. RIP OldReliable67.

OldReliable67 was a class act here at DP. While we agreed on much and disagreed on even more, the dude was always respectful as well as he was engaging. He will be missed.

:drink

I (like the others who have posted) am very sorry to hear this. He added a great deal of knowledge, intelligence, and reasonableness to the threads in which he participated. I tangled with him a few times, and always came out better for it. He was a rare poster, and I'm sure he was a good man.

Back
Top Bottom