• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Old farts like me, older than sixty five.

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Can anyone remember a time when the lying from the folks on the right including their talking heads have told so many blatant lies? More importantly what happened inside the gop where the lies are willingly accepted as the truth? Where did all of the hatred for the democrats come from that sparks so many of these outrageous lies?

January the sixth was legitimate political discourse according to the gop? Really? This is what the gop is trying to convince us about 1/6? And the faithful believe.
Covid is a democratic hoax, the common cold is what it is, the flu kills more folks each year and on and on and on and we never turned any corners with trump in charge and yet the faithful believe he was the best prez ever.
Pizza parlor baby eating parties...and the faithful believe.
Vaccines made from aborted baby cells...and the faithful believe.
The democratic party is a demonic group killing babies and drinking their blood after having sex with them...and the faithful believe.

The lies are so numerous one could keep going on and on but why when nothing penetrates the beliefs of the faithful. What has happened to the gop?

Can anyone remember a time when the lying from the folks on the right including their talking heads have told so many blatant lies? More importantly what happened inside the gop where the lies are willingly accepted as the truth? Where did all of the hatred for the democrats come from that sparks so many of these outrageous lies?

January the sixth was legitimate political discourse according to the gop? Really? This is what the gop is trying to convince us about 1/6? And the faithful believe.
Covid is a democratic hoax, the common cold is what it is, the flu kills more folks each year and on and on and on and we never turned any corners with trump in charge and yet the faithful believe he was the best prez ever.
The democratic party is a demonic group killing babies and drinking their blood after having sex with them...and the faithful believe.

The lies are so numerous one could keep going on and on but why when nothing penetrates the beliefs of the faithful. What has happened to the gop?

Hmmm....

How bout dat everyone.

While this very same OP ignores the lies and hyperbole from the left, including his own misinformation in the meantime.

I suppose if you did not misquote and misrepresent you would not be you.

You managed at least half a dozen lies just in this post.

Hatred is a helluva drug
True that. The hatred of Trump twisted things to be almost unrecognizable in some areas.

As I recall, you participated.

I suppose if you did not misquote and misrepresent you would not be you.

You managed at least half a dozen lies just in this post.

True that. The hatred of Trump twisted things to be almost unrecognizable in some areas.

As I recall, you participated.
Feel free to point out my 'lies'. I'm a big boy I can take it. You recall poo poo. Find one post where I said I hated trump, one.

Feel free to point out my 'lies'. I'm a big boy I can take it. You recall poo poo. Find one post where I said I hated trump, one.
The definition of lie is going to be loose, but here goes.

January the sixth was legitimate political discourse according to the gop? Lie Really? This is what the gop is trying to convince us about 1/6? And the faithful believe.
Covid is a democratic hoax,Lie the common cold is what it is, the flu kills more folks each year and on and on and on and we never turned any corners with trump in charge and yet the faithful believe he was the best prez ever.
Pizza parlor baby eating parties you knew this one was a lie when you posted it...and the faithful believe.
Vaccines made from aborted baby cells...and the faithful believe. I don't understand this one. You are saying that they believe the truth. It's also very dated.
The democratic party is a demonic group Lie killing babies True and drinking their blood Lie after having sex with them.Lie ..and the faithful believe.
That last line was downright Trumpian

The left is mostly sane.
So is the right.

Lies are one thing. Insanity another.
Insanity is repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting different results. It applies equally to both parties and also to both fringes.

You have the handicap of being on one of the fringes, which distorts your perspective.

Last edited:
From around the forum? And what definition of lies are you using, the left's, of anything untrue said, or the correct one of anything purposely untrue said with the intent to deceive?

Because if it's the former and not the later you lied in another thread where you called your governor "Dick Tator DeSantis" when no such governor exists. So you lied under the left's definition, otherwise you where just being dishonest.

From around the forum? And what definition of lies are you using, the left's, of anything untrue said, or the correct one of anything purposely untrue said with the intent to deceive?

Because if it's the former and not the later you lied in another thread where you called your governor "Dick Tator DeSantis" when no such governor exists. So you lied under the left's definition, otherwise you where just being dishonest.
We're talking about flat earthers. You know, crazy people. On the right.

The definition of lie is going to be loose, but here goes.

That last line was downright Trumpian

So is the right.

Insanity is repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting different results. It applies equally to both parties and also to both fringes.

You have the handicap of being on one of the fringes, which distorts your perspective.
These are not things I'm insisting are true, this is the bs that comes from the right and you are correct in pointing out the lies. Now if you could only stop your leadership from starting them and the base from spreading them america would be in much better shape emotionally.

OK I certainly am an older boomer as you are. Am a lifelong democrat and mostly (not always) vote that way.
Perhaps I am naive but not believe that other than your first example many except nutjobs believe the other stuff.

These are not things I'm insisting are true, this is the bs that comes from the right and you are correct in pointing out the lies. Now if you could only stop your leadership from starting them and the base from spreading them america would be in much better shape emotionally.
They are things that you insist are mainstream beliefs among conservatives. This is a lie.

You have been calling hyperbole and exaggeration lies for years, when Trump did it. Do you like being held to the same standard that you employed?

Open your eyes. QED
A lame reply by only confirming that you too can't prove it.
In addition, open your eyes sound like something a flat earther would say.

We're talking about flat earthers. You know, crazy people. On the right.
So you are saying that bongsaway is a flat earther? If you say so. I guess you would know.
On the right? Wrong.

Apparently you are not paying attention. The post you quoted is a reply to him where he asked for examples of where he lied.
And I provided one that may be a lie depending on which definition is being used. The one leftists use, or the correct one.

Well, to me, Republicans are more gullible than Democrats. It has to do with (mostly) the way they are wired. Yes, there's been studies on the subject. People on the right have a more reptilian type of personality. They react quickly from outside sources. From what I've seen in life, Right-Winger tend to make snap
judgements regarding how a person looks and talks. Left folks tend to take a wait and see approach. Republicans (again studies) have shown that right-wingers fall for outward scams
easier >> "Martha, I tell you..I can't believe that young man actually stole my money from my account".."You know, he was SO nice and well shaven and OMG, had such a
nice clean cut demeanor and a wonderful looking suit!" (Again..quick judgement) Not saying that Dems don't fall for that bullshit also but not near as much as Right-Wingers.
Republicans' are easily fooled by slogans and outward crap> Let's make American great again!" Republicans fully buy those types of slogans while Dems think of the
obvious word> HOW? Tell me more. Are you going to improve schools, health care, environment, higher wages for the poor, more child care???? (Like other countries?)
I'm not going to turn this post into a novel but I'll point out one thing> There a reason why Republicans generally don't care for Blacks.
They don't look like us whites, they are different, their culture is not the same as ours. If they are not like us..They MUST be inferior. again and again..Snap Judgements.

A lame reply by only confirming that you too can't prove it.
In addition, open your eyes sound like something a flat earther would say.

So you are saying that bongsaway is a flat earther? If you say so. I guess you would know.
On the right? Wrong.

Apparently you are not paying attention. The post you quoted is a reply to him where he asked for examples of where he lied.
And I provided one that may be a lie depending on which definition is being used. The one leftists use, or the correct one.
Funny stuff. Don't give up you're day job

Strawman!

Protests and demonstrations on Jan 6th--- which was what the majority there were only doing--- was legitimate political discourse. Pushing down barricades, assaulting police officers, trespassing, vandalism, and the threats of violence by some was NOT legitimate or excusable. Not anymore than the folks who were protesting along with BLM and Antifa who some broke out into rioting and looting was legitimate.

Funny stuff. Don't give up you're day job
What an odd reply by you given that you didn't pay attention to what you were replying to was addressing.

Well, to me, Republicans are more gullible than Democrats. It has to do with (mostly) the way they are wired. Yes, there's been studies on the subject. People on the right have a more reptilian type of personality. They react quickly from outside sources. From what I've seen in life, Right-Winger tend to make snap
judgements regarding how a person looks and talks. Left folks tend to take a wait and see approach. Republicans (again studies) have shown that right-wingers fall for outward scams
easier >> "Martha, I tell you..I can't believe that young man actually stole my money from my account".."You know, he was SO nice and well shaven and OMG, had such a
nice clean cut demeanor and a wonderful looking suit!" (Again..quick judgement) Not saying that Dems don't fall for that bullshit also but not near as much as Right-Wingers.
Republicans' are easily fooled by slogans and outward crap> Let's make American great again!" Republicans fully buy those types of slogans while Dems think of the
obvious word> HOW? Tell me more. Are you going to improve schools, health care, environment, higher wages for the poor, more child care???? (Like other countries?)
I'm not going to turn this post into a novel but I'll point out one thing> There a reason why Republicans generally don't care for Blacks.
They don't look like us whites, they are different, their culture is not the same as ours. If they are not like us..They MUST be inferior. again and again..Snap Judgements.
LOL!

Here is the difference between conservatives and liberals in a nutshell. Conservatives think, and liberals feel. It is that simple.

For example: A liberal "feels like" free college for everyone sounds like a good idea. A conservative "thinks" about who will end up paying for all of that.

They are things that you insist are mainstream beliefs among conservatives. This is a lie.

You have been calling hyperbole and exaggeration lies for years, when Trump did it. Do you like being held to the same standard that you employed?
Do you believe that Trump supporters and republicans in general held Trump accountable for his mis truths? Treated the same as any president from either party?

LOL!

Here is the difference between conservatives and liberals in a nutshell. Conservatives think, and liberals feel. It is that simple.

For example: A liberal "feels like" free college for everyone sounds like a good idea. A conservative "thinks" about who will end up paying for all of that.
Utter nonsense.

LOL!

Spot on!

But remind me, who is the leader of the conservatives? The guy who brags about making billions and pays no taxes?

I remember when the Republican Party was the balance to a Democratic Party that was actually progressive. My dad was a Republican, an administrator, a negotiator between labor and management, a teacher, a community leader, a wise father, always honest and occasionally bit stuffy. He came up from poor Irish stock and firmly believed that in America if you worked hard you could get ahead, but, he also recognized he had a responsibility to help others as he too had been helped. He was the quintessential Republican. He died before the GOP became psychotic.

So, yes, I remember when the Republican Party was like my father; honest, intelligent, socially aware, willing to help others, and a bit stuffy. I don't know what happened to them. It's like th sold their souls to some political devil in exchange for power but then forgot what they wanted the power for.

Back
Top Bottom