• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Olbermann Back at ESPN, Can't Talk Politics

He is a mess. I'm surprised anybody would still hire him.

Why on Earth would anyone hire that guy? Hasn't he been fired a frillion times because he's just an asshole?

Didn't he already fail the "can't talk politics" rule with ESPN the last time around?

I'll give him this, when it comes to baseball he is spot on.

If he's just talking sports, he's fine. He was always entertaining on ESPN before, IMO.

The rule to not talk politics is a good one. If I'm watching ESPN I want scores and updates and sports commentary, not political commentary.

If he's just talking sports, he's fine. He was always entertaining on ESPN before, IMO.

The rule to not talk politics is a good one. If I'm watching ESPN I want scores and updates and sports commentary, not political commentary.

"Joe Mauer comes up. Strikes out. Like Republican policies..."

I dislike Olberman enough that his return will keep me from watching Sport Center (which I'm sure ESPN couldn't care less about).

"Joe Mauer comes up. Strikes out. Like Republican policies..."

Reminded me of Patton Oswalt's bit on Robert Evans being signed to ESPN.

I was surprised to see the "no politics" restriction. Its like hiring Miguel Cabrera and telling him he is going to be a pitcher.

Olbermann and Patrick did some great work together on Sportscenter. In a weird way, I almost want to watch Olbermann more now, so I can see if he has a meltdown when Goddell, Stern, or any other professional sports commissioner strong arms the players unions again.

why would they even want him back?

i know he has a long history there, but when you say all of this highly polarizing ****, people don't want to watch you. i really didn't like Bush, but Olbermann calling for him to resign every single night made me never watch MSNBC again.

Rush Limbaugh would probably make a pretty good football commentator, from what i've seen. sorry, you ****ed that up by being a rabid hyperpartisan.

I miss the days when Olbermann was first hired by MSNBC, I think he went to pieces when his dad died.

Hope he does well in his new gig.

Olbermann Will Return to ESPN

I miss the days when Olbermann was first hired by MSNBC, I think he went to pieces when his dad died.

Hope he does well in his new gig.

Olbermann Will Return to ESPN

Wise observation about his decline and the death of his father.

I was hoping he got things together and MSNBC would hire him back. They badly need him to anchor that evening bloc.

Wise observation about his decline and the death of his father.

I was hoping he got things together and MSNBC would hire him back. They badly need him to anchor that evening bloc.
Yeah that might be great, but the bad blood between Olbermann and the staff might be too great. Chris Hayes is not doing very well in that time slot.

I was listening to Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio a while back. He was talking about how bad teammates can poison a locker room and brought up Olbermann's days at ESPN as an example.:shock:

Yeah... no problems here, folks.:lol:

He should be fine for a few years. Its not like he is going to rage against Obama, dems have controlled the senate since the 2006 election, and Bush derangement syndrome is only good for 5 years or so. Now...come next election time...we'll see.

Has there been anyone who has not done better after leaving current? At least someone will be watching him now.

The problem is, he's a supreme asshole. He's berated and degrated everyone he's worked with, ESPECIALLY women. He's said to be extremely condescending toward women.

why would they even want him back?

i know he has a long history there, but when you say all of this highly polarizing ****, people don't want to watch you. i really didn't like Bush, but Olbermann calling for him to resign every single night made me never watch MSNBC again.

Rush Limbaugh would probably make a pretty good football commentator, from what i've seen. sorry, you ****ed that up by being a rabid hyperpartisan.

Rush would probably make a good football commentator. He was the voice of the Kansas City Royals at one time. But I think that he's shifted his sports interests from baseball to football.

That's it. I'm having the cable removed from my home. Netflix only from now on.

Really? This is your impetus? Him being on MSNBC wasn't enough? :mrgreen:

BTW, cutting off the cable and going Netflix is a great idea. I did that. Netflix streaming and Hulu Plus is less than $20/month. Way cheaper than cable.

Look, I can't stand the man personally or his political views, but he was a pretty good sports commentator. As long as he can keep his political trap shut, I think he'll do ok.

Back
Top Bottom