• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Olbermann Back at ESPN, Can't Talk Politics

I always hated him for trivial things like politics, but liked him for important things like sports.

He should be fine for a few years. Its not like he is going to rage against Obama, dems have controlled the senate since the 2006 election, and Bush derangement syndrome is only good for 5 years or so. Now...come next election time...we'll see.

I think it only ends when the democrats achieve utopia with their policies. In other words, never.

Rush would probably make a good football commentator. He was the voice of the Kansas City Royals at one time. But I think that he's shifted his sports interests from baseball to football.

wasn't he doing Monday Night Football back when it was still on network TV?

The Comedy Network had no current openings.

wasn't he doing Monday Night Football back when it was still on network TV?

No, well at least not that I'm aware, he only did the baseball gig for a short time. He was pretty young at the time. He's from Kansas. So that may explain the doing work for the Royals. But apparently he became an avid football fan.

As you probably know several years ago he tried to go in with a couple of other people and buy a football franchise and he and his group were disqualified for some reason.

apparently it was just the ESPN sunday pregame show (remember the McNabb controversy?)

I don't know why people thought that he was good as a sports commentator on ESPN before. I couldn't stand him.

If he came back, he'd replace Scott Van Pelt in my top 3 "oh God, get him outta here" list - joining Dan LeBetard and Kevin Blackistone.

I don't know why people thought that he was good as a sports commentator on ESPN before. I couldn't stand him.

If he came back, he'd replace Scott Van Pelt in my top 3 "oh God, get him outta here" list - joining Dan LeBetard and Kevin Blackistone.

he was great when he was on sportcenter in the 90's

I'm stunned anyone wants a narcissistic asshole with impulse control issues in the first place. The guy is a loose cannon; always will be.

Misleading title is misleading. He doesnt say he will be discussing politics, he says he will discuss the politics of sports as they relate to specific historical stories.

Yup, it looks like you're correct.

Contrary to an earlier report that his new nightly ESPN show will be devoid of any talk about politics, anchorman Keith Olbermann said that he’ll be free to range topically when the show makes its debut next month in the 11 p.m. slot.

“There is no such clause [in my contract],” Olbermann said, speaking to the Television Critics Association on Wednesday afternoon in Beverly Hills, Calif. “I’m not intending to talk about politics – certainly not in the partisan sense … for the simple reason that it is a sports show. There’s nothing preventing me from doing it, other than common sense. I’ve enjoyed the work I’ve done in politics and news, but that’s not what this is.”

The show, called “Olbermann,” will premiere Aug. 26. It marks the 54-year-old broadcaster’s return to ESPN, the network that made him famous two decades ago.

Snip

Keith Olbermann will indeed be allowed to talk about politics on new ESPN show

Back
Top Bottom