• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Oklahoma proposes death penalty for 2 time sex offenders

Navy Pride said:
The rapist got a 6 year sentence and was out in 3........I would have killed him myself if I had the chance........

I have not been clear, I apologize. I would, personally, be willing to execute any child molester myself. I'd have no problem subsidizing the entire cost of the execution.

As a matter of policy, I think that child molesters should be incarcerated for the remainder of their natural lives, with absolutely no chance of parole. Execution, purely as a matter of policy and apart from my emotional inclination, seems to go over the line if the victim was not killed.

Three years, sheesh. That's just pathetic.

Navy Pride said:
I guess I am a little more hard core then you.....I know a child that was molested and raped over a period of 2 years.........The childs life has been ruined........She has to have therapy and it has been going on for 4 years.........She is deathly afraid of all men........

The rapist got a 6 year sentence and was out in 3........I would have killed him myself if I had the chance........
The best thing you can do to a child rapist is throw him in prison for life, and make damn sure that his cell mate is Bubba the Butt Bandit. Rapists dont rape for sex. They do it for control and the worst thing you could ever do to him is put him under control of a horny cell mate who works out. Chances are that the pervert will eventually kill himself, after years of getting the same treatment he was dishing out to others, and that way, he doesnt die on the taxpayers' dime. LOL.

Korimyr the Rat said:
Treason.

And I think that's an apt comparison, because aside from the issue of sexual assault, both are crimes related to the betrayal of the most basic bonds of our society.

Ah yes, you are correct. Treason though is the wholesale sellout of your entire people. I'm not sure it's comparable.

It's difficult to argue against the execution of child molesters. I'm not going to spend anymore time on it, because it's like having to swallow cod liver oil. It might be right, but it sucks badly.

In this instance I am unable to maintain reason over emotion. Even though I think it's wrong, I'd be happy to see it legislated. Does that say something bad about me?

Korimyr the Rat said:
The death penalty is merely the most permanent and secure means of removing someone from society-- and given the condition of our prisons, the most humane as well.

there might be prisoners that disagree its the most humane.

danarhea said:
... and that way, he doesnt die on the taxpayers' dime. LOL.

So, you're okay with the government subsidizing the systematic sexual violation of its own citizens?

star2589 said:

I'm unconvinced that the opinion of prisoners has significant relevance as regards punishment for crime. I'm sure the majority of prisoners would opt for no punishment at all.

Carl said:
It's difficult to argue against the execution of child molesters. I'm not going to spend anymore time on it, because it's like having to swallow cod liver oil. It might be right, but it sucks badly.

I've said my piece, so I don't see any reason to push the issue any further with you. I am in a similar position, arguing that their execution be clean against the more visceral replies here.

It's a little easier when you realize that they're sick people, who mostly became sick because they were abused themselves, and that medical science is incapable of making them better.

Carl said:
In this instance I am unable to maintain reason over emotion. Even though I think it's wrong, I'd be happy to see it legislated. Does that say something bad about me?

No, not really. It just means that your moral sympathies and your moral reasoning aren't perfectly lined up-- and that's something that most people never achieve.

I can't muster any sympathy for the sons of bitches, either. The only reason I'm arguing against the inhumane treatments suggested by others is because I consider it a stain on our national honor-- in other words, I'm arguing for our sake, and not for theirs.

Korimyr the Rat said:
So, you're okay with the government subsidizing the systematic sexual violation of its own citizens?
When it comes to child molesters, damn right I am OK with the government subsidizing their getting the same treatment they dished out to children.

star2589 said:

That's because they are hoping for something-- freedom-- that we can never, ever allow them to have. They'd rather have hope than death, even as they become something more and more intolerable to civil society.

That is my other concern with prison conditions: that we are turning convicts, regardless of their original offense, into men that we cannot safely release.

Carl said:
I'm unconvinced that the opinion of prisoners has significant relevance as regards punishment for crime. I'm sure the majority of prisoners would opt for no punishment at all.

my point, is that if someone is going to make the argument that part of the reason the death penelty is better than life in prison, is that the death penelty is more humane, then perhaps they should ask the prisoners which is more humane.

Korimyr the Rat said:
That's because they are hoping for something-- freedom-- that we can never, ever allow them to have. They'd rather have hope than death, even as they become something more and more intolerable to civil society.

life in prison without parole is not any more hopeful than death for being free.

danarhea said:
When it comes to child molesters, damn right I am OK with the government subsidizing their getting the same treatment they dished out to children.

Problem is, short eyes aren't the only ones that receive this treatment in prison. And there's no way to ensure that they were-- even if I conceded that it was acceptable.

Navy Pride said:
I am 100 percent for this.............How do you feel?.

I would have waited until it was actually signed into law first before anouncing it
to the world.Becasue ******s,fake men,girly men and over sensative women will bitch and moan and cry how we should not execute these vermin some rat ACLU group will proably protest seeing how they side with vermin.these little punk *** ***** groups will try to pressure the governor to not sign.Sure Oklahoman democrats are actaully conservative and the last hurdle before the governor signs it to law is a bunch of republicans.

star2589 said:
life in prison without parole is not any more hopeful than death for being free.

Sure it is. There's always appeals, pardons... and the possibility of slipping away with the laundry.

jamesrage said:
I would have waited until it was actually signed into law first before anouncing it
to the world.Becasue ******s,fake men,girly men and over sensative women will bitch and moan and cry how we should not execute these vermin some rat ACLU group will proably protest seeing how they side with vermin.these little punk *** ***** groups will try to pressure the governor to not sign.Sure Oklahoman democrats are actaully conservative and the last hurdle before the governor signs it to law is a bunch of republicans.

Yea, that horrible ACLU group, which Bill O'Reilly asked to defend him. LOL.

Korimyr the Rat said:
Sure it is. There's always appeals, pardons... and the possibility of slipping away with the laundry.

alright, i'll grant you that.

I still think though, that if two options are acceptable, its better to let the prisoner decide which is more humane.

if life without parole is unacceptable, it doesnt matter how humane the death penalty is in comparison.

star2589 said:

I personally do not care what the prisoners think...........

danarhea said:
Yea, that horrible ACLU group, which Bill O'Reilly asked to defend him. LOL.

I fthink Bill O'Reilly is a liberal masquerading as a independant with conservative
views.

Navy Pride said:
I personally do not care what the prisoners think...........

ding, ding, ding, Bill we have a winner! Johny tell him wha he's won!

Is it humane to rape or murder?
And like NP said who cares what theythink.
You dont want to die?
DONT RAPE OR MURDER SOMEONE!

They can cry all the way to the Gas Chamber.........

cherokee said:

You dont want to die?

If you can't do the time, don't do the f'ing crime... And, don't shoot yourself in the foot and complain about the f'ing hole...

I watched a movie one time about a Russian serial killer(can't remember the name of the movie, but it was good and it had Donald Sutherland in it), when they found him and convicted him, they took him from the courtroom to a room with a drain in the floor and put a bullet in the back of his head...

What's so wrong with that?

I certainly don't want to hear about someone crying about... my life was so hard, I was abused, yada, yada, yada...

We put down rabid dogs don't we? Why shouldn't we put down rabid humans?

cherokee said:

You dont want to die?

I guess no one can say that all democrats feel sorry for these scum since the author of the Oklahoma bill is a democrat.

reaganburch said:
If you can't do the time, don't do the f'ing crime... And, don't shoot yourself in the foot and complain about the f'ing hole...

I watched a movie one time about a Russian serial killer(can't remember the name of the movie, but it was good and it had Donald Sutherland in it), when they found him and convicted him, they took him from the courtroom to a room with a drain in the floor and put a bullet in the back of his head...

What's so wrong with that?

I certainly don't want to hear about someone crying about... my life was so hard, I was abused, yada, yada, yada...

We put down rabid dogs don't we? Why shouldn't we put down rabid humans?

I would have to say two rounds. Gotta make sure...lol...

Some People think I'm joking about my idea for those sob's

Two rounds to the head
Cremate them
Ashes go to the local landfill...that easy...

Last edited:
jamesrage said:
I guess no one can say that all democrats feel sorry for these scum since the author of the Oklahoma bill is a democrat.

I hear that....It makes you wonder about some people...
Its great to be an IND...LOL...
I can have Rep and Dem beliefs or reject both sides….lol…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom