• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oklahoma court: oral sex is not rape if victim is unconscious from drinking

Removable Mind

Irremovable Intelligence
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Oklahoma court: oral sex is not rape if victim is unconscious from drinking

An Oklahoma court has stunned local prosecutors with a declaration that state law doesn’t criminalize oral sex with a victim who is completely unconscious.

The ruling, a unanimous decision by the state’s criminal appeals court, is sparking outrage among critics who say the judicial system was engaged in victim-blaming and buying outdated notions about rape.

Oklahoma court: oral sex is not rape if victim is unconscious from drinking | US news | The Guardian

Well, folks, there you have it. Now we know for certain why Texas hasn't slide off into the Gulf. Oklahoma SUCKS! The radical right wing control in Oklahoma is taking the state straight to hell...a living hell.

It just doesn't get much crazier than this.

Terrible conclusion to this case, but I would agree that laws in this area are terribly out of date. From the article it appears there are gaps in Oklahoma's applicable laws.

Well, folks, there you have it. Now we know for certain why Texas hasn't slide off into the Gulf. Oklahoma SUCKS! The radical right wing control in Oklahoma is taking the state straight to hell...a living hell.

So one court, the Court of Criminal Appeals, comes to a decision that you don't like - I don't like it either, by the way - and you condemn an entire State and its people. Lots of courts come to lots of decisions I find stupid but their decisions don't necessarily reflect poorly upon the people in the jurisdiction in which they serve.

As I understand it, these five Justices are subject to reelection every six years, so let's see if they get reelected or they suffer the consequences when that time comes before we claim that Oklahoma is a living hell.

So one court, the Court of Criminal Appeals, comes to a decision that you don't like - I don't like it either, by the way - and you condemn an entire State and its people. Lots of courts come to lots of decisions I find stupid but their decisions don't necessarily reflect poorly upon the people in the jurisdiction in which they serve.

As I understand it, these five Justices are subject to reelection every six years, so let's see if they get reelected or they suffer the consequences when that time comes before we claim that Oklahoma is a living hell.

Hahahaha! You go John. If you buy this joke of a decision...well, ...gosh, good on you, man. Every try forcing your penis down the throat of a passed out girl? Can you imagine the fun that must be?

Yes, the good folks of Oklahoma are clearly ignorant, have been for eons, but they've been that way so long it's all understandable about how these types of radicals made their way into the system.

Terrible conclusion to this case, but I would agree that laws in this area are terribly out of date. From the article it appears there are gaps in Oklahoma's applicable laws.

The entire State is a true example of the effects of a "Idiocracy". These folks have been dumbed down for eons.

Hahahaha! You go John. If you buy this joke of a decision...well, ...gosh, good on you, man. Every try forcing your penis down the throat of a passed out girl? Can you imagine the fun that must be?

Yes, the good folks of Oklahoma are clearly ignorant, have been for eons, but they've been that way so long it's all understandable about how these types of radicals made their way into the system.

And once again you prove you have an agenda to spew and are incapable of reading any post you respond to. Where did I say I buy this decision? I said specifically that I didn't like it. But do you comprehend or honestly respond to that - no, because you need to vilify anyone who doesn't join in the depths of your outrage.

Good job being consistent, and consistently wrong.

And once again you prove you have an agenda to spew and are incapable of reading any post you respond to. Where did I say I buy this decision? I said specifically that I didn't like it. But do you comprehend or honestly respond to that - no, because you need to vilify anyone who doesn't join in the depths of your outrage.

Good job being consistent, and consistently wrong.

Once again, you prop up radical nitwits who are literally demagogues who love having the power to discriminate against women at will.

“There was absolutely no evidence of force or him doing anything to make this girl give him oral sex,” McMurray said, “other than she was too intoxicated to consent.”

Yeah, brilliant. And technically there's no force if a guy roofies her drink, too. As "legal experts" in the article noted, this is a wakeup call for the state legislature to update their laws, though I'm not holding my breath if this doesn't stay in the news for more than a few days.

I really don't think he "bought the joke of an opinion." I read his post as "let's not generalize one court opinion to an entire state." Generalization is a pretty common fallacy, it seems to me.

Every try forcing your penis down the throat of a passed out girl? Can you imagine the fun that must be?

The question before the court wasn't whether or not it was "fun", but whether or not it was illegal by existing Oklahoma law under the circumstances in which it occurred in this case.

Quite clearly it was not.

It might be unethical, and it might be something that we want to be illegal, but it wasn't illegal when it happened and how it happened in this case.

Judges are supposed to interpret the law, not legislate from the bench (countless examples of them doing just that not withstanding).

If the people of Oklahoma don't like a flaw in their laws which this case has brought to the forefront then they need to petition their legislature to amend the existing law to take incidents like this one in to account.

They seem to have forgotten what Consent means.

The question before the court wasn't whether or not it was "fun", but whether or not it was illegal by existing Oklahoma law under the circumstances in which it occurred in this case.

Quite clearly it was not.

It might be unethical, and it might be something that we want to be illegal, but it wasn't illegal when it happened and how it happened in this case.

Judges are supposed to interpret the law, not legislate from the bench (countless examples of them doing just that not withstanding).

If the people of Oklahoma don't like a flaw in their laws which this case has brought to the forefront then they need to petition their legislature to amend the existing law to take incidents like this one in to account.

Ever hear of the word CONSENT? I guess screwing little kids would be okay with these idiots.

Last edited:
I really don't think he "bought the joke of an opinion." I read his post as "let's not generalize one court opinion to an entire state." Generalization is a pretty common fallacy, it seems to me.

The generalization came from John by dragging in that these wacknuts on the bench were voted in. So I guess feel entitled to say that the apples don't fall far from the tree.

The generalization came from John by dragging in that these wacknuts on the bench were voted in. So I guess feel entitled to say that the apples don't fall far from the tree.

So, using your idiotic logic, you're personally responsible for all the court and legislative decisions made in Texas as well, right?

So, presumably, you wish you'd personally been sucked into the Gulf of Mexico already.

Was that PUN intentional...:lol:

Removable Mind said:

I wonder if, should it transpire that Donald Trump is elected President, you would generalize the "moron" label to yourself, as to all citizens of the U.S.?

Oklahoma is the only State with more crazies than Texas

Was that PUN intentional...:lol:

Um...no...I don't think anybody whose brain stem was more evolved than a mosquito's would make that kind of joke.

So, using your idiotic logic, you're personally responsible for all the court and legislative decisions made in Texas as well, right?

So, presumably, you wish you'd personally been sucked into the Gulf of Mexico already.

Texas surprisingly hasn't slide off into the gulf simple from all of the hard right radicals who are also hell bent on turning Texas into a oppressed authoritarian state. And yes, Texas is filled with a huge population of folks who can't seem to see the forest for the trees. They will eventually, but it'll be too late.

Texas surprisingly hasn't slide off into the gulf simple from all of the hard right radicals who are also hell bent on turning Texas into a oppressed authoritarian state. And yes, Texas is filled with a huge population of folks who can't seem to see the forest for the trees. They will eventually, but it'll be too late.
I just love my home state of Texas. What a great place to live. (Sarcasm x5000)

Ever hear of the word CONSENT? I guess screwing little kids would be okay with these idiots.

The guy wasn't charged with "non-consensual oral sex", he was changed with "forcible oral sex".

You can't legally define the word "forcible" in specific way and then when you charge a guy with "forcible oral sex" in a situation where no force was used (cuz the girl was unconscious so he was able to just sorta slide it right on in) be surprised when the judges interpret the law as it's written and not how you wish it were written.

"Something" is wrong with the law here.

Either the forcible sex laws are wrong or the prosecutor charged the kid with the wrong crime, I don't know which.

But in a case where no force, as defined by the law, was used you can't charge a guy under the law with a crime of force and expect a conviction to stand.

The judges made the right call here.

Maybe the prosecutor dropped the ball for charging the wrong crime, maybe the legislators got it wrong for not providing a suitable criminal statute under which to charge what the kid did, maybe the people of Oklahoma are wrong for not standing on their legislators hard enough - but the judges weren't wrong.

But using your logic, you're a moronic asshole because you live there - if you admit that, I'll accept as legitimate your condemnation of all the people in Oklahoma.

Oklahoma is the only State with more crazies than Texas

Per capita...maybe. But out of sheer populations numbers. No. But let's not forget about North Carolina, Arizona, Kansas, Mississippi, and a few more totally ****ed up states who are held under thumb by authoritarians.

Back
Top Bottom