• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Okay, time for something IMPORTANT... like "Stagger Lee"....

Lloyd or Wilson?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goshin

Burned Out Ex-Mod
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Enough with politics and law... let's talk about something important:

Stagger Lee: Lloyd Price or Wilson Pickett!!!?

I vote for Lloyd!!! :)

Enough with politics and law... let's talk about something important: Stagger Lee: Lloyd Price or Wilson Pickett!!!? I vote for Lloyd!!! :)

I completely disagree. I don't see how you can possibly think that's true. You have completely misinterpreted the facts. You display your lean as Independent. That is a joke.

Just don't want you to have withdrawal.

I vote other/Rutabaga

I vote other/Rutabaga

Damn it, I can't believe I made a poll without a Rootebega option!!! :doh

Oh, and John lee Hooker is awesome dude! :)

I voted Other as well.....so I did what I did before Love Came to Town.

Of the two, I prefer Wilson Pickett's but I like versions that hew more closely to the traditional versions (it's a really old song)

I love me some Wilson Pickett. :mrgreen:

Hey I do too, but I cannot BELIEVE you think Pickett's version of Stagger Lee is better than Lloyd Price! Oh, my fair Lizzie, how could you?? :mrgreen:

Hey I do too, but I cannot BELIEVE you think Pickett's version of Stagger Lee is better than Lloyd Price! Oh, my fair Lizzie, how could you?? :mrgreen:
Lol- it's just that Pickett has such a nice Motown sound, which I prefer to the 50's sockhop sound of Price. :lol:

I'm a Wilson Pickett vote but here's a somewhat older version -

Wilbert Harrison was no one hit wonder. Good stuff.

Here's one that has been big in Carolina Beach music for years ~ Don't Drop It.

close enough

I have to go with other still.....as to me so far they are all great. ;)

John Lee Hooker/Santana.....Healer.

That's the version I more familiar with than the ones in the OP, but I didn't know who had actually performed it.

The original piano version (that I know of and that I thought this was when I posted it) was performed by a guy that went by "Archibald" in the mid 20's. It seems that this particular version actually came out in the 60's and I got it wrong. The version I was looking for is this one -

Def Lloyd Price. My dad wore that record out when I was a kid. Still love that song to this day.

Back
Top Bottom