• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ok. Someone Explain the Women's Rights and Protests against Trump

blackjack50

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I keep seeing crap all over Facebook. (And I call it crap because it is basically just memes and protest signs. If you can't provide more context and justify your belief...conservative or otherwise it is crap) I don't seem to understand the issue. So I'm really wondering. Can someone explain how women are suffering from inequality? And what is it that is being protested? And why is trump the anti symbol? Is it the famous comment? The single comment?

Now. Understand before you weigh in here...I'm going to be questioning your views. If that offends you...please take your snowflake ass elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep seeing crap all over Facebook. (And I call it crap because it is basically just memes and protest signs. If you can't provide more context and justify your belief...conservative or otherwise it is crap) I don't seem to understand the issue. So I'm really wondering. Can someone explain how women are suffering from inequality? And what is it that is being protested? And why is trump the anti symbol? Is it the famous comment? The single comment?

Now. Understand before you weigh in here...I'm going to be questioning your views. If that offends you...please take your snowflake ass elsewhere.

They wanted hillary and democracy is a big meanie

It's always amusing when Conservatives call Liberals "snowflakes" when the President they elected is one of the pettiest, soft skinned president in history.

The rally was to protect things like the rights to one's own body, the right (and yes, RIGHT) to equal pay, and to defend against the blatant misogyny exhibited by our new "president."

It will likely accomplish nothing, but it was nice to see a lot of people out there telling this bastard that he is not our president. He's not mine, and he never will be.

I have detested Donald Trump for damn near three decades, and that ain't about to change because idiots voted for him. He's human garbage. I have no respect for him or anyone who supports him.

Somehow, eliciting one's opinion by calling their P.O.V. "crap", doesn't sound very conducive to drawing out their opinion.

Just sayin'

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, the horrible human ****stain I voted for in the election didn't win, I am sad and want to attention whore."

That's about it.

Lol it's not a single comment. Go back to the very first republican debate where a moderator challenged him on all his sexist comments, and this is before the "grab her by the *****" and stories from beauty pageant contestants of him barging into their dressing room, and several 'Apprentice' contestants revealing that he hit on them and had them twirl around in front of everyone. Then there's the 4-5 wives, who can keep track i mean. So much for the 'family values' crowd

Honestly he deserves only memes, because he's a goddamn joke

May I ask, did these same women protest Bill Clinton (Mr. Misogynist, if it has two boobs, two legs and a heartbeat I will screw it, himself) when he was President, because he did a lot more than "grab *****"! Did they protest Hillary Clinton defending her husband's screwing around (and I would bet there are a lot who never made it to the news)? If they didn't then they are hypocrites.

If you watched the protests, especially the one in DC, think more Scarlett Johansen than Madonna. It's about keeping abortion safe and legal, keeping birth control easily available and underscoring the importance of all the other services that Planned Parenthood provides to millions of women every single day. By defunding it, you'd be throwing the proverbial baby out with the bath water. You'd better replace it with something that will pick up the 95% of non-abortion related services PP provides.

It was a very clear sign to any present and future administration of what will happen if they try to take away these rights and services.

If you think women will stay quiet and let it happen, think again. This was nothing compared to the millions who would mobilize if Roe v. Wade is actually ever reversed.

Trump has vowed to appoint staunchly pro-life SC Judges and to defund PP (altho he flip-flops on the latter a lot). Women were out en masse to say, "NOT ON MY WATCH".

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's always amusing when Conservatives call Liberals "snowflakes" when the President they elected is one of the pettiest, soft skinned president in history.

So rather than join in a proper discussion, you want to focus on something completely different and off topic. Congratulations on the obfuscation. By the way I didn't vote for Trump.

The rally was to protect things like the rights to one's own body

So abortion. Let's call it what it is.

the right (and yes, RIGHT) to equal pay,

This one I have a hard time with. Isn't it already against the law to pay women less? Is Trump suggesting otherwise? I know his campaign was successfully run by a woman. But even that doesn't matter. I'm legitimately curious who is suggesting it is not? And I'm also wondering if it can be pointed out where this is happening m, because I never understood where the "pay gap" occurs?

How is the "income inequality" arrived at? This one has kind of escaped me because of the laws against paying differently.

and to defend against the blatant misogyny exhibited by our new "president."

That's fair. As long as you judge him based on his actions as president as well.

It will likely accomplish nothing, but it was nice to see a lot of people out there telling this bastard that he is not our president. He's not mine, and he never will be.

I heard a great piece on this this morning. He actually IS your president. And I understand the whole "well I didn't vote for him" thing, but that really isn't what the piece talked about. It talked about how if you think he isn't your president because he is a sexist or he represents inequality to women or misogyny...then you haven't been paying attention to our society.

Our society doesn't value women for anything more than the classic "sex symbols." And women have been sold down the river by the party that allegedly cares about their rights as well. They are just a "talking point." Hell. Just look at TV shows aimed at women vs men and how women are treated in those. Then look at song lyrics in rap, rock, country, and so on. Women are usually treated as sex objects. Our culture is permeated by something very important in terms of ideals:

Women and men are different. They are treated different by our culture. And frequently women are undervalued. Culturally. Not politically. Not economically. Culturally. So if you want to tell me that trump isn't your president because he is a sexist...I think you need to remember that your culture. YOURS...has not done a very good job being anything other than sexist

I have detested Donald Trump for damn near three decades, and that ain't about to change because idiots voted for him. He's human garbage. I have no respect for him or anyone who supports him.

And see. This is where I also take issue. How can you claim to be tolerant if you take the view of "anyone who supports him?" I see Hillary as a corrupt subhuman garbage. And while I voted against her...I don't see her supporters as deserving less respect. They have different values. Ones I disagree with. I feel the same about people who voted for trump. They have their reasons. That doesn't mean they deserve less respect. They just have certain values that push them their.

I don't know. I just don't see that as even remotely fair. Especially if one is going to claim to be "tolerant" or claim any kind of superiority above people because they voted differently.

Somehow, eliciting one's opinion by calling their P.O.V. "crap", doesn't sound very conducive to drawing out their opinion.

Just sayin'

I'm saying that if you cannot support your opinion...it is crap. Do you disagree?

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, the horrible human ****stain I voted for in the election didn't win, I am sad and want to attention whore."

That's about it.

That isn't even remotely a fair assessment of the position. You do understand that hairpiece the former democrat has not been a great example with his gigantic mouth? One can only hope his actions will speak volumes and that he develops some couth as president.

Lol it's not a single comment. Go back to the very first republican debate where a moderator challenged him on all his sexist comments, and this is before the "grab her by the *****" and stories from beauty pageant contestants of him barging into their dressing room, and several 'Apprentice' contestants revealing that he hit on them and had them twirl around in front of everyone. Then there's the 4-5 wives, who can keep track i mean. So much for the 'family values' crowd

Honestly he deserves only memes, because he's a goddamn joke

So rather than defend the position...you would rather than just put up signs and claim "because he did this." Ok. That's fine. Just understand that by not doing so...your view has no impact, it stalls any productive discussion, and creates resistance rather than that forward moving discussion.

And yes. I get the sexism position. That is about the only thing I get. That trump made some negative comments. Is there nothing deeper than the stupid and sexist comments? Because that is a Crux of the topic here.

If you watched the protests, especially the one in DC, think more Scarlett Johansen than Madonna. It's about keeping abortion safe and legal, keeping birth control easily available and underscoring the importance of all the other services that Planned Parenthood provides to millions of women every single day. By defunding it, you'd be throwing the proverbial baby out with the bath water. You'd better replace it with something that will pick up the 95% of non-abortion related services PP provides.

It was a very clear sign to any present and future administration of what will happen if they try to take away these rights and services.

If you think women will stay quiet and let it happen, think again. This was nothing compared to the millions who would mobilize if Roe v. Wade is actually ever reversed.

Trump has vowed to appoint staunchly pro-life SC Judges and to defund PP (altho he flip-flops on the latter a lot). Women were out en masse to say, "NOT ON MY WATCH".

Thank you. That is basically what I was looking for. And I understand. Abortion is a touchy subject. And I disagree with it. My personal opinion though? Education is the best way to stop it. Birth control. End of the day...abortion is ending a life. A heartbeat. And something about that bothers me.

But I don't see needing to get rid of 95% of the services offered even if you want to get rid of abortion. Plus we know that doesn't stop it from happening. I mean it just doesn't. So I definitely understand that position. But memes and protests rarely get that kind of message across. Just anger. Which is really all I have seen.

Now. To pose a question to you...and primarily because it is an important issue to me for "equality," how do you feel about women's right to self defense? Especially within the context of the 2nd amendment? Do you think the left has ignored the importance of that amendment when it comes to women's rights? That part of maintaining equality is maintaining the right and ability to defend it? The reason I bring it up in this fashion is because the removal of that right has historically been a sign of distrust of that group. Like with the Blacks in America. That kind of thing.

Quote for truth.

Many liberals are indeed "snowflakes", but Trump is a bigger one than all of them.

So, basically, an overall "women's rights" kind of theme.

I don't think the idea started that way, but I see that it evolved that way.

So, basically, an overall "women's rights" kind of theme.

I don't think the idea started that way, but I see that it evolved that way.

That's my understanding.

That's my understanding.

From what I have been told (educated, so to speak) from female relatives who did attend, the premise was female rights. But that changed from group to group, depending on what was their favorite peev.

There was definitely some man-hating happening there, Trump bashing, and some who, some bizarre reason known only to them, who thought that equal pay was not covered by labor laws. Though in general, call it the 2017 version of a bra burning with the sistahs.

While I'm no fan of Trumps, until such a time as he or his administration declare war on Row Vs. Wade, or make some law that permits random acts of female degredation, you are as strong as ever, females. The march wasn't necessary, but have at it, it's your right.

Now go clean up all the trash you left behind, people.

I'm saying that if you cannot support your opinion...it is crap. Do you disagree?

You're still not inducing counter opinion to yours, you know it, and you're simply fishing for support in your own confirmation bias.

But hey, it's your thread - justify it however you'd like.

You're still not inducing counter opinion to yours, you know it, and you're simply fishing for support in your own confirmation bias.

But hey, it's your thread - justify it however you'd like.

Dude. You have no idea what I'm doing. Like I said...if you are going to throw a random opinion out there and not support it...it is crap. It is the kind of crap you are posting that bogs down what could be a quality discussion. Which is why I was requesting support and advising people I would be questioning their views. Note the few times people have shared? Am I not asking the question?

You are just making assumptions because God forbid a conservative demand you actually SUPPORT your view right? If someone demands SUPPORT...well then they must have ulterior motives. How about this? Maybe I am tired of constantly seeing drive by comments? The anger and hostility when people have the gal to ask for support of your view.

Now. You tell me? Is it a bad thing? Or do you think someone should have the integrity to at least support their political views?

Women's groups reactions are based in part on:

1. Trump's stated position that abortion should be banned and women having abortions should be punished, though he is incredibly inarticulate about what the punishment should be. <Link>

2. Trump's intention to nominate conservative judge likely to change the status quo on abortion.

3. The widespread calls by Trump supporters to defund Planned Parenthood, which is only partially about abortion.

4. Trump's treatment of women in his own life, including multiple divorces, trophy wives, and inappropriate and demeaning statement about women, including family members. He comes across as considering them as little more than sex objects to add to his collection.

I will say that Trump position on the LGQIBLT (I've given up) community is far in advance of many\most conservatives, so I'm not sure what they're griping about, apart from "standing in solidarity with women" and generally not liking Trump.

Consider too, what does Trump have on his side that should attract feminism? Doesn't seem like a lot.

Women's groups reactions are based in part on:

1. Trump's stated position that abortion should be banned and women having abortions should be punished, though he is incredibly inarticulate about what the punishment should be. <Link>

2. Trump's intention to nominate conservative judge likely to change the status quo on abortion.

3. The widespread calls by Trump supporters to defund Planned Parenthood, which is only partially about abortion.

4. Trump's treatment of women in his own life, including multiple divorces, trophy wives, and inappropriate and demeaning statement about women, including family members. He comes across as considering them as little more than sex objects to add to his collection.

I will say that Trump position on the LGQIBLT (I've given up) community is far in advance of many\most conservatives, so I'm not sure what they're griping about, apart from "standing in solidarity with women" and generally not liking Trump.

Consider too, what does Trump have on his side that should attract feminism? Doesn't seem like a lot.

1) Yea. Not sure about that one. Probably just talking points. We will see though.

2) Of course he will nominate a conservative judge. But that won't just be about abortion. It will be about guns and so on too.

3) I can see that one too. I could understand a restructure, but only based on things I've heard about it being ineffective and inefficient. Honestly? I don't know much about it.

4) His treatment of women is interesting. I wouldn't bring up divorces as an issue though. We have a high divorce rate. That is hardly a reason to be upset at him. Especially given that the left is more likely to support that issue on a standalone topic.

What does trump have on his side? Not sure. I did pose the question to another post: should a feminist be allowed to use a firearm to defend herself? The left hasn't really clarified that position. Which I always found odd. "My body, my choice" and all. You would think that slogan would go great paired with a glock.

Now. To pose a question to you...and primarily because it is an important issue to me for "equality," how do you feel about women's right to self defense? Especially within the context of the 2nd amendment? Do you think the left has ignored the importance of that amendment when it comes to women's rights? That part of maintaining equality is maintaining the right and ability to defend it? The reason I bring it up in this fashion is because the removal of that right has historically been a sign of distrust of that group. Like with the Blacks in America. That kind of thing.

Women won the battle for equality without firing a single shot. I don't think that the 2nd amendement is necessary for equality or protecting women's rights. The 2nd amendment is necessary in its own right and for the purpose for which it was originally intended, but that is another debate altogether.

As for self-defense, both women and men have an absolute right to it. How they decide to go about it is up the each individual. Some will choose guns, others will choose different means. As a woman, I don't see the 2nd amendement as the only way to protect myself.

Women won the battle for equality without firing a single shot. I don't think that the 2nd amendement is necessary for equality or protecting women's rights. The 2nd amendment is necessary in its own right and for the purpose for which it was originally intended, but that is another debate altogether.

As for self-defense, both women and men have an absolute right to it. How they decide to go about it is up the each individual. Some will choose guns, others will choose different means. As a woman, I don't see the 2nd amendement as the only way to protect myself.

Oh. By no means am I suggesting it is something that you should only rely upon. But to me it is that idea that the weak (physically) will have the ability to fight against the strong. I actually have a better example.

Take stand your ground law. If it is taken away in my state...you as a woman now have a duty to retreat. Is that ethically good? Yes. Morally? Sure. But what about when practically applied? Are you physically able to retreat? Is it a guarantee? Probably less so than if you are a young male in his 20s. This is something to consider when the topic comes up. And not all women are in agreement on most issues, including this one. I was just curious how you felt.

Back
Top Bottom