• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

OK, let’s get real about riots and hypocrisy

you’re a bright boy, here you go.......
You seem to be unclear on the concept of "specific". Linking to an entire article doesn't cut it. You're supposed to show EXACTLY what Trump said that supports your point.

Allow me to demonstrate with a quote from the article you linked:

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard. "

That's Trump urging the crowd to peacefully protest.

Let me make it clear: There's a clear line between protesting and rioting. I have no sympathy for rioters of any political persuasion. Breaking into the Capitol was way out of line and anyone who was doing it should be punished appropriately. But if you want to make the case that Trump incited a riot, you're going have to show some concrete evidence to that effect. Which niether you or anyone else have done.

You seem to be unclear on the concept of "specific". Linking to an entire article doesn't cut it. You're supposed to show EXACTLY what Trump said that supports your point.

Allow me to demonstrate with a quote from the article you linked:

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard. "

That's Trump urging the crowd to peacefully protest.

Let me make it clear: There's a clear line between protesting and rioting. I have no sympathy for rioters of any political persuasion. Breaking into the Capitol was way out of line and anyone who was doing it should be punished appropriately. But if you want to make the case that Trump incited a riot, you're going have to show some concrete evidence to that effect. Which niether you or anyone else have done.

Cherry pick much?

The Capitol belongs to all. Private businesses and homes being lost are important but minor in comparison. A murder is always a tragedy. If the murder is of the President, the impact far out ranks a normal citizen. Compare a crime against a person, to a crime against the nation. Violence and death are never appropriate? Please explain stand your ground laws.
Why does it matter WHO it belongs to? Isn’t destruction and violence just as abhorrent when done to people’s homes and livelihoods as it is to a public building? As I mentioned the people in the Capitol building can still go home, will still draw their salaries and carry on as usual; people who owned those businesses and building that got destroyed won’t enjoy those luxuries. Either ALL destruction and violence is wrong or none is: what’s YOUR choice?

Why does it matter WHO it belongs to? Isn’t destruction and violence just as abhorrent when done to people’s homes and livelihoods as it is to a public building? As I mentioned the people in the Capitol building can still go home, will still draw their salaries and carry on as usual; people who owned those businesses and building that got destroyed won’t enjoy those luxuries. Either ALL destruction and violence is wrong or none is: what’s YOUR choice?
If it was destruction to a park office or a DMV is one thing. Destruction against the capital building is another category entirely and yes it is worse than destruction to a business as the capital building represents the nation.

Nonsense. Trotting out trite cliches like “the people’s house” is red herringism at its worst. And trying to excuse the summer riotyou s as “specific actions that led to reactions” is the ultimate red herring. That would be saying that irrational violence and destruction are legitimate reactions to “officially approved actions” but ones that go against YOUR list are not. Sorry, no. Violence, destruction, and death are NEVER, EVER, appropriate or acceptable responses.

If it's such a red herring why are there SPECIFIC federal statutes that criminalize violence and destruction on the capitol grounds?

I notice you didn't respond to the nuance. Is murder the same as assassination? Is destroying a privately owned business worse than destroying a building that belongs to all Americans? What's your choice?

If it's such a red herring why are there SPECIFIC federal statutes that criminalize violence and destruction on the capitol grounds?
So you defend a red herring with a non sequitur. Well done.

So you defend a red herring with a non sequitur. Well done.

Answer the question. Why did congress feel it necessary to create SPECIFIC statutes that deal with violence on the capitol grounds and disrupting congress?

Cherry pick much?
It's an example of using a specific quote to make a point.

If you think there's something SPECIFIC in the article that supports your case, then stop evading and quote it.

It's an example of using a specific quote to make a point.

If you think there's something SPECIFIC in the article that supports your case, then stop evading and quote it.

Do your own legwork.......have you gotten your laundry back yet?

Do your own legwork.......have you gotten your laundry back yet?
More evasion. YOU linked to the article. It's up to YOU to do the legwork to support YOUR case.

In case you've forgotten, here's the question you've failed to answer:
What did he say that 'incited' the mob. Be specific.
So far it looks like you just can't do it.

More evasion. YOU linked to the article. It's up to YOU to do the legwork to support YOUR case.

In case you've forgotten, here's the question you've failed to answer:

So far it looks like you just can't do it.

Carrying someone else’s water this early isn’t a good look!

Get back to me when you have unlocked all the levels of the game...........yawn.

Answer the question. Why did congress feel it necessary to create SPECIFIC statutes that deal with violence on the capitol grounds and disrupting congress?
Why does it matter? Violence is violence. Point is not which laws were violated but that ANY laws were violated. The District has specific FEDERAL laws since it’s not part of any state.

Carrying someone else’s water this early isn’t a good look!

Get back to me when you have unlocked all the levels of the game...........yawn.
Still more evasion. Let's face reality - you can't produce any evidence of Trump inciting a riot because there isn't any.

I guess someone had to fill apdst’s slot here........see ya ‘round!
How about we fill your slot with someone who doesnt post lies then whine when they get called out for their bull****.

The riot (not “mostly peaceful protests:) the nation has suffered through are horrifying and unacceptable, without doubt.
What is also unacceptable is the Democrat and mainstream media (sorry for the redundancy) sputtering, spitting, wide-eyed outrage over THIS incident after almost a year of tut-tut tolerance of far more deadly and destructive riots which wreaked far more distruction and death. Only difference is that THIS TIME they were near the frontline and it was their asses on the line and they were in actual danger.
This piece says it much better than I could and includes a few good links demonstrating the tolerance and support the Dems offered BLM and Antifa protestors
Wow...this post is filled with even bigger lies than all the other lying posts I've seen from the Right today.

If someone didn't guess "hate against BLM" after reading the title, go to the small table.
Well, when white people rape someone, they have been known to point at black persons and say, "He did it."

So, I am not surprised.

Still more evasion. Let's face reality - you can't produce any evidence of Trump inciting a riot because there isn't any.
Rex heard someone on CNN say that Trump incited the violence so he came here and and dutifully repeated it. If you came here looking for liberals capable of their own independent thoughts, you are going to be disappointed.

The election was stolen. Repeated ad nauseam. Even when he was telling people to go home he said the election was stolen from them to make sure they stay supremely pissed off. It Doesn't take a big brain like Brad to see that every time he spoke his intent was to make his Trumpanzee army very angry.
Thats not inciting a riot. People march on the capital all the time here because they are angry. Use your head.

Wow...this post is filled with even bigger lies than all the other lying posts I've seen from the Right today.
Sorry, no. Someone has lied to you, but it wasn’t me.

Thats not inciting a riot. People march on the capital all the time here because they are angry. Use your head.
Use your own damn head. If you keep telling people over and over that the election has been stolen from them, them specifically, what do you think the result will be? Hell, Trump has been telling his Trumpanzees for four years that the libs and dems want to take their country away from them and now he's telling them that that's exactly what's happened. He literally told them that the Democrats stole the election.
Use your head. Give it a shake and look at what's been going on. Oh, wait a minute. I just realized, are you one of them? Do you believe the Democrats stole America from the real Americans? Do you think the election was a fraud?

Yes, the rioting over the summer was unacceptable and they should be arrested no matter whose side they are on. But the problem is your side automatically looks at BLM and thinks rioter/looter/Marxist. You fail to acknowledge the movement represents victims of centuries of racist oppression. Do you realize over the course of the Civil Rights Movement there were hundreds riots? But we don't focus on those, anymore, do we? We focus on the good brought on by the movement and understand in hindsight the riots were horrible and unfortunate, but expected in an unjust society. History does not exist in a bubble. The past impacts the present and this country still has a lot of wrongs to make up for. As for the MAGA side, yes they are victims, too... but they are not victims of centuries of oppression. They are victims of toxic alt-right propaganda. Have you seen the videos of these people attacking the press and bashing through doors to get to the legislators to do only God knows what? Many have lived fairly comfortable lives compared to America's minorities. But their minds are poisoned and filled with hate and rage. Their violent attacks on the press, police, and politicians were not the symptom of oppression. They are the symptoms of lies.

Rex heard someone on CNN say that Trump incited the violence so he came here and and dutifully repeated it. If you came here looking for liberals capable of their own independent thoughts, you are going to be disappointed.

So cute, Fletch made a new friend!

Back
Top Bottom