• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

OK Conservatives.......

Cosmik Debris

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
You don't like Biden.

The questions is, who do see as a great alternative and why?

You don't like Biden.

Anyone who entered the 2016 republican primary represents an improvement over Biden.... Policies aside, Biden simply isn't "there" anymore, and hasn't been since long before the 2020 election.

Anyone who entered the 2016 republican primary represents an improvement over Biden.... Policies aside, Biden simply isn't "there" anymore, and hasn't been since long before the 2020 election.

I'm asking specifically who you think would be a great alternative. Not just any old alternative.

If Tulsi Gabbard had run in 2016 and got the Democrat nomination I may well have voted for her over Trump. By 2020, because of the way Democrats (and many Republicans) had reacted to Trump there is no way I'd have voted for any of them. There simply isn't a Democrat that I'd vote for to be president right now. Unfortunately, there also aren't a lot of good Republicans that I'd be happt to vote for either. DeSantis is getting a lot of press now but we don't need another Rick Perry or Jan Brewer.

If Tulsi Gabbard had run in 2016 and got the Democrat nomination I may well have voted for her over Trump. By 2020, because of the way Democrats (and many Republicans) had reacted to Trump there is no way I'd have voted for any of them. There simply isn't a Democrat that I'd vote for to be president right now. Unfortunately, there also aren't a lot of good Republicans that I'd be happt to vote for either. DeSantis is getting a lot of press now but we don't need another Rick Perry or Jan Brewer.
What about a Democrat like Manchin or a Republican like Kasich?

I'm asking specifically who you think would be a great alternative. Not just any old alternative.
I understand that, but my answer was a serious one. Does the expression "The lights are on but there's nobody home" explain my answer?

Nikki Haley, Ron DeSantis, Greg Abbott, and Trey Gowdy are 4 right off the top of my head who were not in the 2016 republican primary that would also fit nicely.

I would prefer someone who has a pulse as opposed to that walking corpse you all elected.
I expected the easy answer like this.

I know you don't like Biden.

Who specifically would you like to see replace him?

I understand that, but my answer was a serious one. Does the expression "The lights are on but there's nobody home" explain my answer?

Nikki Haley, Ron DeSantis, Greg Abbott, and Trey Gowdy are 4 right off the top of my head who were not in the 2016 republican primary that would also fit nicely.

OK, thanks. Is there anybody you particularly like?

Tulsi Gabbard was the only democrat in 2020 that wasn't totally off their rocker.

Tulsi Gabbard was the only democrat in 2020 that wasn't totally off their rocker.

Obviously not my first choice, but I could live with Gabbard. What policy of hers did you prefer?

You don't like Biden.

From the responses you're getting apparently they don't like their own party either. I would suggest one of the very popular republican governors of a blue state maybe hogan or baker? However I think the base of the gop is still stuck on trumpism so they are out.

OK. Why him above all others?
He's the only one who isn't under the influence of big money donors, lobbyists or wedded to Globalists. He's the only one who will seriously combat the left's efforts to "fundamentally transforming America".

He's the ONLY one who is committed to "America First". All the rest are committed to something else...party, left or right ideology, money, power, etc.

OK, thanks. Is there anybody you particularly like?
If you mean for 2024, it's too soon for me to pick anyone in particular. For right now, I think we need someone who isn't afraid to put themselves out there and take a stand against all of the "woke" nonsense that's destroying our society. That would make Ron DeSantis the best choice, but I don't know how effective he would be with the economy.

If you mean for 2024, it's too soon for me to pick anyone in particular. For right now, I think we need someone who isn't afraid to put themselves out there and take a stand against all of the "woke" nonsense that's destroying our society. That would make Ron DeSantis the best choice, but I don't know how effective he would be with the economy.

Thanks to Biden's pukes, "woke" has to take second place to the economy.

Back
Top Bottom