• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

OK Conservatives.......

I already gave a long answer to this but I'll give a shorter answer too.

I'm not one of the many who think Trump could not possibly win in 2024. While I don't see it as easy or a given, I certainly think he'd have a quite reasonable chance of winning.
I agree. I wouldn't count him out. As I said before, he could be the Dems best chance of winning.

Interesting. I would have thought her stand against Trump proves she has some principles since it brings so much shit down on her she chould have avoided by pretending to back him.
We all know that she stands against Trump. What we never hear about is what she stands for. The only thing I can see that she stands for is the preservation of the political class.

We all know that she stands against Trump. What we never hear about is what she stands for. The only thing I can see that she stands for is the preservation of the political class.
According to her voting record and policies, shes been a steady rock ribbed conservative.

You see how completely mental Conservatives have become, to see Trump as a viable candidate considering how things went and particularly how they ended.

They would vote for Hitler if he rose from the grave and promised to "Get the libs".
Not all of them.

I would understand (definitely not agree with) their logic about Trump if wasn't for the election stuff. After that, his continued support mystifies me.

But this isn't about who I want to see in the WH.

It is odd. Although I agree it could real tough for Dems in '24. Assuming nothing changes between now and then (a very unlikely one at that) the only way the Dems have a chance is if Trump is the nominee. He will guarantee the absolute maximum Dem votes.
I think Trump would up vote totals (especially Dem vote totals).
But I was interested to talk to an 18 year old family member recently, very excited to vote in their first election this year in the midterms. We talked about the upcoming 2024 election and I was surprised to hear a number of their friends are Trump supporters. I know Biden is really faltering in the youth support category - but I was surprised to hear it was more than just lack of support for Biden - but is also growing youth support for Trump.
I think it used to be "cool" for youth to vote Dem. But it seems Dems are losing their "coolness". In an interesting way, it seems rebel Trump has brought a good dose of "cool" to the Republican party and, prior to Trump, it was hard to find anyone cool to youth, within the GOP.

I think she holds grudges and can't let anything go, ever.
Conversely, I very recently heard a panel discussing the Trump endorsement of Vance. One was surprised Trump would do that after what Vance has said about Trump in the past. But another pointed out that Trump easily lashes out but also easily forgives.
I think Cheney holds tight to her animosity and payback becomes her agenda.
Payback for what? She voted with Trump over 90% of the time.

I think Trump would up vote totals (especially Dem vote totals).
But I was interested to talk to an 18 year old family member recently, very excited to vote in their first election this year in the midterms. We talked about the upcoming 2024 election and I was surprised to hear a number of their friends are Trump supporters. I know Biden is really faltering in the youth support category - but I was surprised to hear it was more than just lack of support for Biden - but is also growing youth support for Trump.
I think it used to be "cool" for youth to vote Dem. But it seems Dems are losing their "coolness". In an interesting way, it seems rebel Trump has brought a good dose of "cool" to the Republican party and, prior to Trump, it was hard to find anyone cool to youth, within the GOP.
One data point isn't enough for anything, but we shall see.

I agree. I wouldn't count him out. As I said before, he could be the Dems best chance of winning.
It's possible but right now (and it's certainly VERY early), I think every poll shows Trump polls better against any Dem than any other Republican does against any Dem.
With early polling in mind, I think it's more a matter of wishful thinking on the part of Dems - thinking Trump as a nominee is a good thing or the best thing for Dems. Polls indicate exactly the opposite. Again, it's early.
But speaking of timing, I've been thinking for a while that Dems better get going on a plan if they don't want a Biden or Harris nomination. There will come a point where it will be too late to gracefully regroup and, by default due to lack of decision/action, the Dems will end up stuck with Biden or Harris.

One data point isn't enough for anything, but we shall see.
Absolutely, it isn't.
My comment 85 is about much more worthwhile information than an observation about Biden youth support and a single conversation with an 18 year old.

With the exception of another Bush in the oval office, I'd agree with the above.
Had to go back and look at the primary candidates.

I liked Rubio best that year. He wouldn't be anywhere near the top of my list now. I don't think Rubio has enough oomph and determination.

Trey Gowdy has come up a couple times in this conversation. I also don't think he has enough oomph. Plus, I think Gowdy spends an exhausting amount of time on his show with self-deprecating comments. He seems unable to answer a question without prefacing it with something like - I'm not very smart or I'm not as smart as you or You know a lot more than I do or similar. Modesty is fine but he takes it to an exhausting and repetitious point. I end up rolling my eyes at his inability to say anything without the self-deprecating preface.

Andrew Yang & Tulsi Gabbard are way better than Biden and just about all other Democrats. Most Democrats are terrible.

Back
Top Bottom