• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

OK Conservatives.......

Sorry. I missed it.
If you mean for 2024, it's too soon for me to pick anyone in particular. For right now, I think we need someone who isn't afraid to put themselves out there and take a stand against all of the "woke" nonsense that's destroying our society. That would make Ron DeSantis the best choice, but I don't know how effective he would be with the economy.

Thank you. Yes I mean going forward. I'm really looking for who conservatives really would like to see in the WH if they could pick anybody.

We will have to see who the two parties nominate in 2024 but he might be. I am concerned with his age. It's a demanding job.
If you could pick the next one, regardless of the realities of an election who would it be?

I'm asking specifically who you think would be a great alternative. Not just any old alternative.
Well, my hope is DeSantis. I think he's smart, he's conservative, he's sensible and logical, he's tough and not typical DC swamp, he's young and alert, and he's not afraid to decide/act.

What about a Democrat like Manchin or a Republican like Kasich?
Based on the way Democrats have acted over the past 6 years there is no way I'd vote for a Democrat, none of them.

I understand that, but my answer was a serious one. Does the expression "The lights are on but there's nobody home" explain my answer?

Nikki Haley, Ron DeSantis, Greg Abbott, and Trey Gowdy are 4 right off the top of my head who were not in the 2016 republican primary that would also fit nicely.

I could get behind Gowdy.

OK, thanks. Who would be your favorite?
To be honest, I don't have one. He will almost certainly not run again, but I would support Romney. I'm going to give DeSantis a hard look, but he seems a bit reactionary (though if pressed right now, I would take DeSantis over Biden.)

You don't like Biden.

The questions is, who do see as a great alternative and why?
All they're gonna do is repeat the bullshit lie that Joe Biden is incompetent. They don't think, they parrot. If one actually has a real answer I'll be shocked.

To be honest, I don't have one. He will almost certainly not run again, but I would support Romney. I'm going to give DeSantis a hard look, but he seems a bit reactionary (though if pressed right now, I would take DeSantis over Biden.)
I could see myself voting for a Republican like Romney.

OK. Why him above all others?
I'm not the poster you're asking, but I'll give my thoughts on this. Trump has experience now and he was put through so much unnecessary and ridiculous garbage, that I expect that experience would really allow him to hit the ground running. He was really a rookie in Jan 2017 but what he experienced from before day one, makes him the person who would be the most prepared.
I like DeSantis the best but I certainly see the Trump experience advantage since Biden and team have turned virtually everything into such a disastrous mess. I say repeatedly, Biden has opened the door wide to Trump. If everything wasn't falling apart so very badly, I think Trump would be far less popular in terms of a replacement. But with the disasters growing by the day - the stock in Trump experience and Trump toughness simply increases relative to the level of messes.

All they're gonna do is repeat the bullshit lie that Joe Biden is incompetent. They don't think, they parrot. If one actually has a real answer I'll be shocked.
I've seen some good answers so far.

He's the only one who isn't under the influence of big money donors, lobbyists or wedded to Globalists. He's the only one who will seriously combat the left's efforts to "fundamentally transforming America".

He's the ONLY one who is committed to "America First". All the rest are committed to something else...party, left or right ideology, money, power, etc.
I think there are some really good points in this comment and millions of people who would agree with it. I think this comment simply nails why Trump has dedicated and devoted support that just isn't diminishing in any noticeable way.

No thanks I will pass on one of the many progressive self flagellation events that they throw for themselves. They bore me.
Then you aren't qualified to comment on my post.

Fox News is progressive? Who knew.

I could see myself voting for a Republican like Romney.
I'm hoping for some semi-competent Republican governor to come out of the political woodwork.

It will never happen, but I'd also support my state's current governor, Charlie Baker.

If you mean for 2024, it's too soon for me to pick anyone in particular. For right now, I think we need someone who isn't afraid to put themselves out there and take a stand against all of the "woke" nonsense that's destroying our society. That would make Ron DeSantis the best choice, but I don't know how effective he would be with the economy.

I sure agree with the part I bolded. I don't think a person with a tentative and mild personality will be elected next.

I sure agree with the part I bolded. I don't think a person with a tentative and mild personality will be elected next.
Do you think the election stuff hurts Trump enough for a look at another Republican?

Back
Top Bottom