• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

OK, all you Righties our there, have you REALLY lost your minds??

SNOWFLAKE

Crazy Canuck
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
When I first read the following headline, I thought to myself, this is satire, or a farce, it can't be real. BUT IT IS!!

Cue the latest Rightwing grievance and outrage!

WTF: People Are Trying to Cancel Pink Floyd Over 'Dark Side of the Moon' Rainbow Logo​

Apparently, Pink Floyd is "woke" because they put a rainbow on the 50th anniversary logo of an album that had a rainbow on its original cover. I ****ing can't deal with the ignorance.
Fm7DEJgWIAAWU_Y.png

Pink Floyd fans are amused that the anti-woke mob are cancelling the band over the Dark Side Of The Moon 'rainbow'​

FnLMGoUXgAANShP.jpg

Have Righties completely lost it? (Rhetorical question)

When I first read the following headline, I thought to myself, this is satire, or a farce, it can't be real. BUT IT IS!!

Cue the latest Rightwing grievance and outrage!

WTF: People Are Trying to Cancel Pink Floyd Over 'Dark Side of the Moon' Rainbow Logo​

Apparently, Pink Floyd is "woke" because they put a rainbow on the 50th anniversary logo of an album that had a rainbow on its original cover. I ****ing can't deal with the ignorance.
View attachment 67433958

Pink Floyd fans are amused that the anti-woke mob are cancelling the band over the Dark Side Of The Moon 'rainbow'​

View attachment 67433959

Have Righties completely lost it? (Rhetorical question)
I saw that and laughed.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Friggin' troglodytes. I have little use for music, and even I know that's a riff on a classic album cover!

You'd think they'd be angrier at the original image, since it clearly shows Pink Floyd inventing homosexuality 50 years ago.

Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png

Of course Righties have lost their minds.

Have you seen this House Majority shit show?

Have you seen them at the state level trying to restrict women crossing state lines to gain access to Reproductive Services? Think about that....trying to criminalize crossing the state line. In the first place, no state really has the right to prevent citizens from crossing for any reason and if there is a statute that might be violated ITS A FEDERAL STATUTE.

Goons, idiots, ideologues, religious extremists = Republicans

Of course Righties have lost their minds.

Have you seen this House Majority shit show?

Have you seen them at the state level trying to restrict women crossing state lines to gain access to Reproductive Services? Think about that....trying to criminalize crossing the state line. In the first place, no state really has the right to prevent citizens from crossing for any reason and if there is a statute that might be violated ITS A FEDERAL STATUTE.

Goons, idiots, ideologues, religious extremists = Republicans
It's the fall of Rome. Batshit crazy legislators and people running around waving guns and killing people. I've been saying it for years but we seem to have reached critical mass.

I found the complete original cover image, and it's disgusting!

That is clearly two boy triangles going to town on each other!

dark-side-of-the-moon.png

The more I look, the more disturbing it becomes!

If you superimposed those two triangles on top of each other, you'd have a Star of David firing gay lasers all over the place.

It's all so clear now!

Last edited:
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Those lyrics seem fitting.

Jesus. What a bunch of uninformed morons. Talk about kneejerk stupidity. Anyone who's busting PF for using a rainbow is just a ****ing idiot.

I think what we all should be crying over is the general stupidity that has been breeding this past generation.
This is certainly one example but let's not make this out to be JUST a right thing, there are plenty other examples of left idiots.

I think what we all should be crying over is the general stupidity that has been breeding this past generation.
This is certainly one example but let's not make this out to be JUST a right thing, there are plenty other examples of left idiots.
False equivalency.....just won't wash.
- corruption in government, heavily weighted toward R's
- stupidity in government, heavily weighted toward R's
- performance art instead of public service, heavily weighted toward R's
- being driven by grievance, much of it imagined or misdirected, heavily heavily weighted toward R's

But go ahead....keep trying to push that boulder of equivalency up the hill. It has the unique characteristic of getting heavier along the way

Last edited:
I still wear that t-shirt. I'm on my 5th or 6th one.

Also, there's already a thread on this.

This is all about turn about is fair play.... now you know how we feel about so much stupid stuff being canceled, and changed.

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Those lyrics seem fitting.
PERFECT!

Whataboutism doesn't work in this case.

This is all about turn about is fair play....
If that is what this is about, I would have to ask, are we in kindergarten? (wah wah, you did it to me, now I got to do it to you).

what a stupid response.
Well, some Leftie types did try to cancel Gone with the Wind and Pepe LePew, the difference here is that Righties are offended by the image of a gay flag when the ORIGINAL album cover had the rainbow colors too.
Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png
This makes this protest even that much more stupid. AND YET, Righties still try to create an equivalency, go figure.

If that is what this is about, I would have to ask, are we in kindergarten? (wah wah, you did it to me, now I got to do it to you).
R's have a grievance narrative for every occasion and the playpen, diapers and rattles to use in response to whatever grievance they are whining about this time.

Now ask them to do something beyond spoil their diapers and throw their rattles and they are out of answers.

Whataboutism doesn't work in this case.
Actually, it works very well in this case, and most others.

In fact, every time you (or those who post like you do) use absolutes to discuss how bad one side or the other is, I can, rightly point out instances of the other side doing it too.

Actually, it works very well in this case, and most others.

In fact, every time you (or those who post like you do) use absolutes to discuss how bad one side or the other is, I can, rightly point out instances of the other side doing it too.
Whataboutism is an argumentative tactic where a person or group responds to an accusation or difficult question by deflection. Instead of addressing the point made, they counter it with “but what about X?”.

This is all about turn about is fair play.... now you know how we feel about so much stupid stuff being canceled, and changed.
The difference is it's not hurting liberals politically and it is hurting conservatives. Crying about M&M's and Pink Floyd is not a good look for Republicans. They are doubling down on the behavior that has been causing them to broadly underperform in elections for a decade or more.

Whataboutism is an argumentative tactic where a person or group responds to an accusation or difficult question by deflection. Instead of addressing the point made, they counter it with “but what about X?”.
In this case, I am not attempting to prove it good or bad, just that it happens. The fact that it happens on both sides is an absolute fact.

"But what about Trump" is by far the most common whataboutism. It's overuse exposes the left's inability to sensibly discuss anything. No facts, no real arguments, just "what about Trump".

Back
Top Bottom