• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ojeda Out of 2020 Race

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
That's a shame, maybe his internal team wasn't strong enough. Lots of indys would have voted for him.

“When I was a child my grade school teachers told us all that anyone in America could grow up and become President,” he wrote. “I now realize that this is not the case. Unless someone has extreme wealth or holds influence and power it just isn’t true. Especially if you dare to step out of line and challenge the powers that be. The big donors won’t take your calls, the media won’t say your name, and the establishment will do everything they can to crush you.”

Richard Ojeda Becomes First 2020 Democrat to Drop Out of Race

Hmmmm ... it kinda sounds to me like he wanted this too fast. I had to look up who he was ... and he was only a state senator ... from a small state.

He should have expected to have to put in a lot of work to raise his profile before realistically expecting encouragement from big donors. Or put in a lot of work to get small donors the way Bernie did.

There are a lot of people already throwing their hat in the ring. He should have known he would need to do something to distinguish himself. He didn't give me a chance to be impressed while he was in ... and he didn't impress me in a positive way by saying that when he dropped out.

Hmmmm ... it kinda sounds to me like he wanted this too fast. I had to look up who he was ... and he was only a state senator ... from a small state.

He should have expected to have to put in a lot of work to raise his profile before realistically expecting encouragement from big donors. Or put in a lot of work to get small donors the way Bernie did.

There are a lot of people already throwing their hat in the ring. He should have known he would need to do something to distinguish himself. He didn't give me a chance to be impressed while he was in ... and he didn't impress me in a positive way by saying that when he dropped out.

When running for office you have to raise money... if you don't, you have no chance unless you can self-fund.

He could run for senate.

He could run for senate.

Democrat voting for Trump will not get much support from the DNC or donors. That's a stain that will take a decade to wash off. It's worse than a Democrat that voted for the Iraq war.

shrug...

Sucks that he's not a Dem donor-toady.

But hey...y'all don't need to be sad. A Republican unknown would have just as hard a time breaking into the "Big Club".

You have to understand the Democrat party. They are all about identity politics.

A white male, no matter how qualified will have trouble moving up that party with the direction they are headed.

And anyone with a military background will get shunned from the massive progressives in the party. Probably 6/10 of Democrats think of the military as a occupying force

Everyone knows you have to be 4 or 5 star general in the military, a state governor, or a US senator to be president. There has been only a small few that have not been, and they have at least been in a former Presidents cabinet, excluding Trump of course

When running for office you have to raise money... if you don't, you have no chance unless you can self-fund.

What does that have to do with what I said? Oh, nothing.

Of course he has to raise money. And he needs to do the foundational work needed to be able to raise presidential money. He doesn't appear to have done that work. And he appears to be whining that people won't consider giving him money before he has done the work to show credibility as a contender.

What does that have to do with what I said? Oh, nothing.

Of course he has to raise money. And he needs to do the foundational work needed to be able to raise presidential money. He doesn't appear to have done that work. And he appears to be whining that people won't consider giving him money before he has done the work to show credibility as a contender.

It just shows you why the majority of cops and military are center-right.

Democrats and the far left imo have animosity and trepidation towards u.s military and law enforcement.

Democrat voting for Trump will not get much support from the DNC or donors. That's a stain that will take a decade to wash off. It's worse than a Democrat that voted for the Iraq war.

Did he vote for Trump? I hadn't seen that. LOL. Um, yeah ... lol ... which side's "big donors" was he calling up to ask for money?

He had his work cut out for him already -- as a little known state senator trying to jump to the highest office in the land. But as a Trump voter wearing a D beside his name? And he's whining that he couldn't get the usual donors to take his calls?

What a goober.

It just shows you why the majority of cops and military are center-right.

Democrats and the far left imo have animosity and trepidation towards u.s military and law enforcement.

B.s.

Neither side hands out presidential quantities of money to a mere state senator just because he's a veteran. Has nothing to do with respect for the military or law enforcement.

He needs more years in the trenches and the opportunity to build up some national name recognition.

He needs more years in the trenches and the opportunity to build up some national name recognition.

Yes, he needed that anyway. And as a Trump-voting Democrat he needs some special work to build a brand which could get him money from nontraditional sources.

He gave himself a black eye today in complaining big Democratic donors didn't want to discuss funding opportunities with a Trump-voting one-term state senator who lost his House race.

Why is it a shame? There's no shortage of loony left candidates out there. One less won't matter.

Exactly. It's early and the DNC Clown Car has plenty of lunatics to choose from.

He resigned his state senate seat like ten days ago.

Back
Top Bottom