• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oil From the BP Spill Found at Bottom of Gulf

Demon of Light

Bohemian Revolutionary
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Professor Samantha Joye of the Department of Marine Sciences at the University of Georgia, who is conducting a study on a research vessel just two miles from the spill zone, said the oil has not disappeared, but is on the sea floor in a layer of scum.

"We're finding it everywhere that we've looked. The oil is not gone," Joye said. "It's in places where nobody has looked for it."

"If we're seeing two and half inches of oil 16 miles away, God knows what we'll see close in -- I really can't even guess other than to say it's going to be a whole lot more than two and a half inches," Joye said.

Source: ABC News

But, but, Obama told me nearly all the oil was gone! Obama lied to me? :(

Crude oil and sea water are what you call "immiscible", its physics. Crude oil is lighter than water and they wont mix so it floats on top, it cant help it. Can you say Enviromentalist agenda

Crude oil and sea water are what you call "immiscible", its physics. Crude oil is lighter than water and they wont mix so it floats on top, it cant help it. Can you say Enviromentalist agenda

:roll: If it was sweet light crude that would be one thing, but when BP used that dispersant it stopped being that light sweet crude that floats on water and became the kind of gunk that sticks to the ocean floor.

I wouldn't take it too hard he might have at least one other time. :rofl

This is going to be very hard to clean up if they even try. I know one thing for sure, and that is the days of reasonable shrimp prices are over for years to come. That if if there is any at all.

Here's hoping those commercial shrimp farms can take up some of the slack. I gots to have me some shrimp Gumbo, ya'll.

I wouldn't take it too hard he might have at least one other time. :rofl

This is going to be very hard to clean up if they even try. I know one thing for sure, and that is the days of reasonable shrimp prices are over for years to come. That if if there is any at all.

Here's hoping those commercial shrimp farms can take up some of the slack. I gots to have me some shrimp Gumbo, ya'll.
I've already heard a couple people bitching about how bad the shrimp/fish from commercial farms is, as compared to wild shrimp/fish...

Don't know if there's anything to what they say, though.

Back
Top Bottom