• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Oil excutives on capital Hill

kmhowe72 said:
http://money.cnn.com/2005/11/09/news/economy/oil_hearing/index.htm?cnn=yes

Oil excutive spark fire works when they meet with the senate today.:spin:

Well, it's good that these folks are being held accountable, but to what degree?

I heard earlier that Senator Cantwell tried to get the oil execs to testify under oath the the Republicans refused to allow it. What is the deal with that? I would imagine if they make baseball players testify under oath, I would hope they'd treat oil execs with the same seriousness. I don't get it.

Well the reason they are not under oath is because they are Georges buddies.

ShullsM said:
Well, it's good that these folks are being held accountable, but to what degree?

I heard earlier that Senator Cantwell tried to get the oil execs to testify under oath the the Republicans refused to allow it. What is the deal with that? I would imagine if they make baseball players testify under oath, I would hope they'd treat oil execs with the same seriousness. I don't get it.
Perhaps they are in bed with them or afraid of them? The oil companies could definitely sink the political careers of their opposition. Bush has surrounded himself with people linked to big oil?

ShullsM said:

The reason they weren't put under oath is because the republicans have been paid off by the oil companies through the oil lobby. So, that is the reason why these republicans stopped these execs from being put under oath. Putting these oil execs under oath would mean that the oil execs would have to tell the truth or face criminal charges. But if the oil execs were to be forced to tell the truth, then the true nature of their crookedness would be revealed. If the oil execs have nothing to hide, then they should have no problems with being put under oath. But because they refused, that means they have something criminal to hide.

Another problem I have, is that Congress wants to pass this "windfall tax." This is a BS tax in my view because the government gets way too much money in taxes already as it is and their is no legitimate justification for Congress to have a "windfall tax." I bet they would probably just want to line their pockets. The government already imposes illigetimate, excessive taxation as it is. The need for smaller government is in order.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom