• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ohio Supreme Court Orders Hearing On GOP-Led Mapmaking Commission’s Failures

Liberal7360

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
It is looking like the Ohio state Supreme Court is going to put their state constitution first. I'm glad.

The people of Ohio spoke a few years back to pass an amendment to their constitution because like most of us, they are sick and tired of the gerrymandering and put a stop to it.

Unfortunately the republicans in the Ohio state congress don't want to follow the state constitution and voice of the people.

Now those republicans are going to have to explain to the state Supreme Court why they shouldn't be held in contempt.

It will be interesting to find out the republicans excuse.

It is looking like the Ohio state Supreme Court is going to put their state constitution first. I'm glad.

The people of Ohio spoke a few years back to pass an amendment to their constitution because like most of us, they are sick and tired of the gerrymandering and put a stop to it.

Unfortunately the republicans in the Ohio state congress don't want to follow the state constitution and voice of the people.

Now those republicans are going to have to explain to the state Supreme Court why they shouldn't be held in contempt.

The Ohio Republicans are no longer the good people they once were. Hell, they send assholes like Jim Jordan to Congress.

The Ohio Republicans are no longer the good people they once were. Hell, they send assholes like Jim Jordan to Congress.

I don't think that is confined to only the republicans in Ohio.

It seems that republicans all over the nation aren't the people they once were.

Just to be clear, this is the Ohio Supreme Court ordering the commission to appear and explain why they shouldn’t be held in contempt.

That's a pretty strong stance for the court, and a powerful statement from their chief justice as well.

Yeah, and Ohio Gov Mike DeWine is considered a "sensible" Republican.....a sensible Republican who believes in cheating at all costs to win elections.

DeWine's son is on the Ohio Supreme Court and refused to recuse himself from this case. That tells you all you need to know about the DeWine family.

Some dude was on here arguing with me within the last day or 2 about how Republican gerrymandering isn't a trend.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Some dude was on here arguing with me within the last day or 2 about how Republican gerrymandering isn't a trend.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

The sad part is the Republicans don't even need to gerrymander Ohio to win in November. The new gerrymandering in Texas is enough for the Republicans to easily get control of Congress in Nov 2022.

Just to be clear, this is the Ohio Supreme Court ordering the commission to appear and explain why they shouldn’t be held in contempt.

Yes it is. I don't think they can tell the state Supreme Court they won't appear.

Yes it is. I don't think they can tell the state Supreme Court they won't appear.

Oh, they certainly can... Then the Supreme Court issues a bench warrant and has their asses hauled to jail... ;)

Yeah, and Ohio Gov Mike DeWine is considered a "sensible" Republican.....a sensible Republican who believes in cheating at all costs to win elections.

DeWine's son is on the Ohio Supreme Court and refused to recuse himself from this case. That tells you all you need to know about the DeWine family.

He must have changed his mind.

From the article, it was the last two paragraphs.

Cleveland.com reported midday Thursday that Supreme Court Justice Pat DeWine had recused himself from the hearing. His father is the governor.

“It is possible that in this special proceeding the court could consider sanctions directed at individual members of he redistricting commission,” Justice DeWine wrote. “Because of this possibility, I intend to recuse myself from the March 1, 2022, hearing and the consideration of matters related thereto.”

He recused today... The heat was on...

He must have changed his mind.

From the article, it was the last two paragraphs.

Cleveland.com reported midday Thursday that Supreme Court Justice Pat DeWine had recused himself from the hearing. His father is the governor.

“It is possible that in this special proceeding the court could consider sanctions directed at individual members of he redistricting commission,” Justice DeWine wrote. “Because of this possibility, I intend to recuse myself from the March 1, 2022, hearing and the consideration of matters related thereto.”

That's good to hear. Democrats in Ohio have been demanding this for weeks.

Ban gerrymandering nationwide. Yeah, I've said it before. That's my position.

Back
Top Bottom