• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ohio State spends over $13 million a year on diversity/equity staff.

Fishking

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
...and then the left wants to put everyone else on the hook for paying off these students debts they were saddled by over-priced university tuition, which is also caused by the left. And I'm sure that Ohio State is not unique in this matter at all. These people also indoctrinate the kids there with their far-left ideology and actually cause more division, not less. This is what is being paid for, and then being pushed to be put on the tax payers to pick up. Quite the corrupt circle-j going on here and demonstrates the inefficiency and the bloated bureaucracy that the left creates.

On December 6, Mark J. Perry of the American Enterprise Institute reported that the Ohio State University spends $13.4 million per annum on payroll for 132 so-called diversity, equity, and inclusion “diversicrats,” mostly making up the staff of the university’s Offices of Institutional Equity, and Diversity and Inclusion.

...and then the left wants to put everyone else on the hook for paying off these students debts they were saddled by over-priced university tuition, which is also caused by the left. And I'm sure that Ohio State is not unique in this matter at all. These people also indoctrinate the kids there with their far-left ideology and actually cause more division, not less. This is what is being paid for, and then being pushed to be put on the tax payers to pick up. Quite the corrupt circle-j going on here and demonstrates the inefficiency and the bloated bureaucracy that the left creates.

On December 6, Mark J. Perry of the American Enterprise Institute reported that the Ohio State University spends $13.4 million per annum on payroll for 132 so-called diversity, equity, and inclusion “diversicrats,” mostly making up the staff of the university’s Offices of Institutional Equity, and Diversity and Inclusion.

Exactly why Colleges and Universities are getting more and more expensive. Someone has to pay for all that "diversity, inclusion, equity" leadership.

As well as why more and more kids going to college come out so "indoctrinated" they can't tell up from down, in from out, and truth from lie.

Any objection to paying for more “wokeness” is at least bigotry, if not outright racism. ;)

Exactly why Colleges and Universities are getting more and more expensive. Someone has to pay for all that "diversity, inclusion, equity" leadership.

As well as why more and more kids going to college come out so "indoctrinated" they can't tell up from down, in from out, and truth from lie.

You are the one mixing up truth from lies. There is zero indoctrination at Ohio State. Franklin County is consistently purple. The state switches off between Republican and Democratic governors, so there is no partisan consistency in downtown Columbus.

DEI initiatives are God's gift to bureaucrats. You see it in private industry, too. While certainly not always the case, it's been my observation that DEI jobs offer a second career for those who were not terribly effective in their first career. DEI work is rarely challenged by anyone for its effectiveness, so it's a nice safe place for those with a history of not always getting the job done.

Any objection to paying for more “wokeness” is at least bigotry, if not outright racism. ;)
For sure...the modern inquisition cannot be questioned.

You are the one mixing up truth from lies. There is zero indoctrination at Ohio State. Franklin County is consistently purple. The state switches off between Republican and Democratic governors, so there is no partisan consistency in downtown Columbus.

Are you trying to assert that Ohio State University changes it’s staffing levels and/or teaching methods based on Franklin County politics or which political party the Ohio governor belongs to?

Just wait until you find out what it spends on football.

Some (yet not most) college’s make quite a bit of money from their football programs.

In each of the three previous fiscal years, Ohio State had reported total revenues surpassing $200 million, including as much as $233.9 million in 2019-20 that marked a record for the school and made it the second-highest earning department in the country, according to data compiled by USA TODAY Sports

Not accurate. Columbus is a Democrat stronghold and it’s been governed by Democrats for 22 years. I’d be surprised if Franklin County has gone red in my lifetime.

I'm glad they put one of those student molesting wrestling coaches in Congress.

Republicans with their divisiveness training. lol.

I think we need a good centralized propaganda apparatus so we all call something the same thing and thus reinforce our negative image of these people.

I for example, refer to these parasites as “commissars”. We should just all refer to them as such because that sends the impression of a political officer who has no other legitimate roles.

ANother retarded, failed, dishonest, false narrative thread LOL

I agree 100% that universities should reel in their spending, and make it more efficient, so should all schools. Thats actually a good discussion to have

after that the dishonest stupidity about grrrr "the left" is nonsense and cant be supported and made into fact at all.
The fact is the MAJORITY of American supports some form of student debt relief, Individually many on the left do not and many on the right do so its factally not a left thing.

nor are overpriced colleges/tuitions caused by "the left"
and indoctrination causing more division is one of the biggest batshit insane conspiracy tin foil hat lies out there being feed from the extremist nutter media outlets lol

Holy hell . . . . . could a post get any more delusional, partisan, dishonest and fail so hard. That was epic!
😂🍿

DEI initiatives are God's gift to bureaucrats. You see it in private industry, too. While certainly not always the case, it's been my observation that DEI jobs offer a second career for those who were not terribly effective in their first career. DEI work is rarely challenged by anyone for its effectiveness, so it's a nice safe place for those with a history of not always getting the job done.
It’s effectively mandated by the government. The 1964 civil rights act should probably be fully abolished, but it certainly needs substantial revision.

Good football programs actually pay for not only themselves but other services at their university. They make more than NFL teams and the players don't get paid.

Good football programs actually pay for not only themselves but other services at their university. They make more than NFL teams and the players don't get paid.
Which is itself a major problem and creates a lot of bad incentives for universities.

Any net profit goes back into the athletics department. It’s an obscene amount of spending on something almost no one has a future in.

No more forced diversity.

Not accurate. Columbus is a Democrat stronghold and it’s been governed by Democrats for 22 years. I’d be surprised if Franklin County has gone red in my lifetime.

Great. Then none of its Representatives should be Trumpublicans.

Yep, it would be so much cheaper to run them if the only students were the male offspring of rich, white, native born, American entrepreneurial capitalist oligarchs.

I mean the savings on toilet facilities alone would be substantial.

Yep, it would be so much cheaper to run them if the only students were the male offspring of rich, white, native born, American entrepreneurial capitalist oligarchs.

The ironic part about your sarcasm is that it's these very things that makes it so expensive, making it less accessible for those not "rich, white, native-born, American entrepreneurial capitalist oligarchs", as you put it.

Shouldn’t native born Americans have priority in college admissions? In theory state colleges were supposed to benefit the children born there. Now of course some state like California have turned their universities into immigration applications and prestige centers for the children of foreign oligarchs. If you were born to a communist party official in China you are far more likely to go into UCLA than if you were born in East LA, Gardena, or Rialto
You’re not that funny.

A couple years or so before i left Illinois, Peoria had just laid off some firefighters, closed a station and some police.....all the while hiring a city "Chief Diversity Officer" with a 6-figure annual salary.

Back
Top Bottom