• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ohio Republicans threaten to impeach Mike Dewine over Covid19 orders.

Lisa

salem ac leporem,
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
You cannot fix stupid. I'm not a Republican but I have to give Mike Dewine credit for how he has handled the Covid19 epidemic in Ohio. We have had a mask mandate since the 20th of July and now we have a limited curfew from 10 pm to 5 am to limit the spread by closing bars and other nightspots. It seems to be working.

For the second time in four months, state Rep. John Becker made a move to impeach Gov. Mike DeWine over how he has handled the coronavirus pandemic this year.

Becker, R-Union Twp., filed a dozen articles of impeachment on Monday, alleging that the Cedarville Republican has broken the law and violated the state and federal constitutions.

Asked about the impeachment effort, DeWine in a Monday press conference said, “I’d like for them to go in and talk to some nurses who are frontline nurses who are dealing with people who are dying. At some point this foolishness needs to stop.”

Becker is joined by state Reps. Candice Keller, R-Middletown; Nino Vitale, R-Urbana; and Paul Zeltwanger, R-Mason. They take issue with DeWine’s public health orders that mandate face masks, set curfews for businesses and “weaponizing” the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation to “bully and harass businesses and the people” to wear masks.
ExploreOhio House conservatives move to impeach DeWine

“He continues to have callous disregard for the fact that his isolation policies have led to a shockingly high number of suicides, alarming rates of drug abuse, persistently high unemployment, and the forced abandonment of the elderly by their loved ones,” Becker said in a written release.

DeWine spokesman Dan Tierney said he had yet to see the latest articles of impeachment but noted that Becker’s last impeachment attempt was “patently absurd.”
DeWine later said a small number of people think COVID-19 is a joke or fantasy.
“There’s a small number of people out there making a lot of noise.”

He said that instead of wasting time on this, they should talk to frontline nurses, and families who have experienced the loss of a loved one.

make it nationwide.

make it nationwide.
The mask mandate or the curfew? The mask mandate quickly becomes second nature. I have a mask at home when I need to answer the door, one in my purse and one in my car.

The mask mandate or the curfew? The mask mandate quickly becomes second nature. I have a mask at home when I need to answer the door, one in my purse and one in my car.

mask mandate. i have been wearing masks since late March or early April. it sucks, but it doesn't suck as much as the alternative.

mask mandate. i have been wearing masks since late March or early April. it sucks, but it doesn't suck as much as the alternative.

I still see a bunch people that wear masks under their noses, which this far into this pandemic I don't get how people still don't understand that it makes the mask pretty much ineffective.

I still see a bunch people that wear masks under their noses, which this far into this pandemic I don't get how people still don't understand that it makes the mask pretty much ineffective.
My mom occasionally does that she and she spent 40 years as an RN. If I need to take her someplace I have to remind her to wear a mask.

The masks are uncomfortable. That's why. There's really no way around it, though.

Back
Top Bottom