• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ohio GOP rep writes up 10 articles for Gov DeWine over coronavirus response

Man0in3Black

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
This just came out from the local CBS station (10TV WBNS), haven't seen it anywhere else, that's why I put it here - please adjust if needed

GOP state lawmaker leads effort to impeach DeWine over coronavirus response | 10tv.com

Rep. John Becker announced Monday he drafted 10 articles of impeachment.

"Many Ohioans find the mask mandate offensive, degrading, humiliating, and insulting. There is also evidence that masks can be hazardous to one’s health. Gov. DeWine doubled down when he expanded the mandate to our school-age children, who are less susceptible to COVID-19," Becker wrote."

According to the Ohio Constitution, the House of Representatives have the sole power of impeachment and a majority of lawmakers would need to support that to move forward.

The impeachment would then be tried by the Ohio Senate and a conviction would happen if at least two-thirds of the senators vote to impeach the governor.

Becker told the Cincinnati Enquirer that there are not enough votes to remove DeWine from office right now but the movement does have initial backing from Republican representatives Candice Keller of Middletown, Paul Zeltwanger of Mason and Nino Vitale of Urbana.

The Governor did the best he could with the information coming from doctors and scientists - this will go nowhere in my eyes

Why does Ohio have to have so many dumbass white wingers? Of course its Columbus....

Last edited:
And I love how he says the “movement” has the backing of 2 other Republicans LOL

Yeah the white winging of Ohio has devastated the state

Back
Top Bottom