• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Ohio Going Blue

galenrox said:
don't be a dick, you know what I meant.

And are you retarded? Were you watching CNN or something of the like on election night? Do you recall when they said that they couldn't call Ohio till the morning, cause it was too close to call, it was Ohio and Iowa, so your logic about Ohio being strong is essentially you dancing on a tight rope and claiming that you'll never fall, it's absolutely ridiculous.
Kerry didn't lose cause he was left wing, he lost cause he was fake and he was a *****.

He has no idea what he is talking about. I woke up the next day and my whole city was anxious. Ohio was never decided early at all. In fact, early on it looked like it was going for Kerry, since Cuyahoga and Hamilton counties were of the first counties to be counted (they're the ones with Cleveland and Columbus in them btw). It was the more rural areas that still needed to be counted later on in the night, and as time went on it HELPED bush win Ohio. From what I can tell, he's just making stuff up.

Mikkel said:
If it's any indication of the democratic swing of my home state, yesterday the voters of D-2 in ohio narrowly elected a republican over Democrat, Paul Hackett, an Iraq War Veteran with a 52% to 48% margin. For those of you who don't know, that is a highly Republican district (it's essentially cincinnati and the surrounding area) and a race this close is incredible to see. With Governor Bob Taft's approval rating the lowest of any Governor in the country, I'm beginning to see a trend after the dissapointing 2004 election.

CINCINNATI - A Republican former state lawmaker claimed a seat in Congress on Tuesday by narrowly defeating an Iraq war veteran who drew national attention to the race with his military service and a series of harsh attacks on President Bush.

With all precincts reporting, Jean Schmidt had 52 percent, or 57,974 votes, compared with Democrat Paul Hackett’s 48 percent, or 54,401 votes. Schmidt’s margin of victory amounted to about 3,500 votes out of more than 112,000 cast.....

Read the rest of the story here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8802959/

You guys still lost. The said we were a swing state in 2004 and it turns out Ohio wasn't that big of a toss up. It'll be a while before we become blue again. What is Tafts apprval rating right now?

guns_God_glory said:
You guys still lost. The said we were a swing state in 2004 and it turns out Ohio wasn't that big of a toss up. It'll be a while before we become blue again. What is Tafts apprval rating right now?

Taft's approval rating as of July 2005 is at about 17%

http://www.surveyusa.com/50StateGovTrackingJuly2005.htm

I still don't get how you say that Ohio wasn't that big of a toss up. Bush only won by about 150,000 votes here. For a state with approx. 11 million people in it, I'd say that's not a huge margin of victory.

As I said before, this particular election was not the issue in question. It has to do with how the public views the ohio republican party.

The reason I thinks the parts of speech are important is that they define the sentence. If someone wants to embelish who you are it is different than them telling you who you are. It is an opinion and some people know how to be diplomatic and some are just crude.

I don't mind those who will call me or describe me as ignorant, a moron, a liar or anything else because it doesn't shake my opinion. I have an opinion on an issue and I know who I am or am of the opinion that I know who I am. Being comfortable with that when someone comes along and implies that I'm making something up when I know I'm not just makes me consider the source. Usually I am going to get the same arguement with different words if I were to give them push button answers anyway.

I don't think anyone should come into a political forum and join a thread without having some knowledge of the subject. Anything else is just opinion and that's what I was saying. I have a good opinion of myself but I can't trust any of you to do the same.
:duel :cool:

cnredd said:
But WHY rip on everyone else for doing the same thing?!?!?

Why would anyone with a soul beat down other people for not using his "strict standard of debating rules" when he readily admits it that he doesn't do it himself?

That is hypocracy to the extreme.
Wrong.....I almost always provide proof and links.....when you ask me to do anything I will ignore you and your request for you're only baiting me and trying to put me down. Your posts are meaningless and worthless to me. Not to mention that from what I've read in your posts I almost never see any proof of anything other than your ability to write abusive posts.

The fact is that you and Teacher dislike my politics to the extreme. So much so that you have both gone out of your way to belittle me, mock me, and to try many different ways to discredit me.

That is how I see you, and that is why when you make a request of me I ignore it and you. I like to debate, and when someone regularly posts talking points that are not true I challenge them and request supporting evidence to back the claims. More times than not my requests are to a minority of people I consider to be hardliners, people who post comments that are simply accurate, as a rule. That is why I request proof.

On the other hand, my posts are almost always fact filled when making political points of the day. I go out of my way to link the source of my argument. You might want to give it a shot, even if you're only able to do it occassionally. Maybe then the claims that you make would be believeable to the masses rather than only believable to people who are on your side, IMHO.

I also have the right to change my opinion as time goes by and facts change. You seem to want to point out that I changed my mind or altered my stance as if it is the wrong thing to do. That is your point of view, and I disagree with it. To people of even lesser intelligence the right to change one's view is normal. What is abnormal is that someone is so dogmatic that they cannot change their views or their minds....

The concept of debating is not to get the people who believe you to kiss your butt and write "good post." The concept is to get the opposition to admit that what you posted is accurate, as Gordon did in a post I made yesterday. That, to me, is debating....not writing post after post calling me a liar. Not jumping from thread to thread asking people to go to other threads to prove to them that you think I've lied.

From what I've read you never seem to debate me, you just like to say that I have no creditability, no matter what I write, and then you want to convince others that I'm a liar. How come you seem unable to debate the points in the thread? Is it because you get off on trying to prove me a liar?

I wrote last night that it would be much better for all concerned to write posts that debate each others views. Maybe you're just not able to debate? From where I'm typing that is how I perceive it.

Last edited:
Well this is what I know. Ohio going blue? President Bush won the state and the last special election had a Republican beat a Democrat. So when does Ohio go blue?

BY THE WAY: Who can tell me who started the designation where the Republicans got "red" and the Democrats got "blue"?

gordontravels said:
So when does Ohio go blue?
2008...The Clinton / Obama ticket will be lights out....
gordontravels said:
BY THE WAY: Who can tell me who started the designation where the Republicans got "red" and the Democrats got "blue"?
I believe it simply had to do with the 2000 election where the networks simply assigned red to Republicans and blue to Democrats...but I could be wrong?

26 X World Champs said:

I believe it simply had to do with the 2000 election where the networks simply assigned red to Republicans and blue to Democrats...but I could be wrong?

Be sure you stick with that position. I don't want to come back here 200 and some posts from now and hear/see you've posted that Bidden and Clinton are a sure thing. I've seen the disturbances it causes when you change you're mind or forget things.

Pacridge said:
Be sure you stick with that position. I don't want to come back here 200 and some posts from now and hear/see you've posted that Bidden and Clinton are a sure thing. I've seen the disturbances it causes when you change you're mind or forget things.
It's a refreshing change to read a post that gets the real meaning of my posts, objectively rather than subjectively.....thanks!

26 X World Champs said:

Actually, I think that's right. Before that election red and blue were just arbitrary colors assigned to candidates, but after the 2000 elections they became affiliated with the particular parties. There's a website here (that has a note saying that the accuracy of the article is disputed) and it has a chart of red vs blue in elections of the last few decades. You'll notice that when clinton ran, he was designated as red.

http://www.answers.com/topic/red-state-vs-blue-state-divide

Mikkel said:
Actually, I think that's right. Before that election red and blue were just arbitrary colors assigned to candidates, but after the 2000 elections they became affiliated with the particular parties. There's a website here (that has a note saying that the accuracy of the article is disputed) and it has a chart of red vs blue in elections of the last few decades. You'll notice that when clinton ran, he was designated as red.

http://www.answers.com/topic/red-state-vs-blue-state-divide

Please accept my addition to the praise about posters posting to the issue here being a good thing.

I will rememer the Ohio prediction from 26 X WORLD CHAMPS. 2008 isn't that long to wait. Life is always short.

As to the colors being assigned arbitrarily? I couldn't disagree more. Colors are a science that the advertising industry (media) have understood for decades. For those who enjoy or believe in polls here would be the question:

Which color do you like best?

RED?

BLUE?

Don't for a minute think that I'm making this up. Colors appeal to people both as a function of perception as well as on a subliminal level. Manufacturers of everything from cars to coffee know this. Those who advertise know it very well. Those who depend on advertising know it very well. Those who depend on advertising are the media. :duel :cool:

gordontravels said:
Please accept my addition to the praise about posters posting to the issue here being a good thing.

I will rememer the Ohio prediction from 26 X WORLD CHAMPS. 2008 isn't that long to wait. Life is always short.

As to the colors being assigned arbitrarily? I couldn't disagree more. Colors are a science that the advertising industry (media) have understood for decades. For those who enjoy or believe in polls here would be the question:

Which color do you like best?

RED?

BLUE?

Don't for a minute think that I'm making this up. Colors appeal to people both as a function of perception as well as on a subliminal level. Manufacturers of everything from cars to coffee know this. Those who advertise know it very well. Those who depend on advertising know it very well. Those who depend on advertising are the media. :duel :cool:

If you had read the article I cited in my last post, you'd see that the media has been pretty calculating in how they do things.

"networks have assigned these colors to the two major parties based on a system designed to prevent bias or the perception of bias. This system alternates the color assigned to the candidate of the incumbent party for every election."

If you look at the table at the site, you'd see that Ford, Reagan, and Dole were all repersented as Blue, while Clinton, Carter, and Mondale were all represented as Red at one point.

Perhaps one color is more pleasing to the eye, but they at least make an effort to switch it up once in a while. (By the way, I don't know if you were trying to show that blue was more pleasing than red, but I just want to point out that both Bush's and Clinton were elected with the color red. It's the 'power' tie color, don't you know.)

Mikkel said:
If you had read the article I cited in my last post, you'd see that the media has been pretty calculating in how they do things.

"networks have assigned these colors to the two major parties based on a system designed to prevent bias or the perception of bias. This system alternates the color assigned to the candidate of the incumbent party for every election."

If you look at the table at the site, you'd see that Ford, Reagan, and Dole were all repersented as Blue, while Clinton, Carter, and Mondale were all represented as Red at one point.

Perhaps one color is more pleasing to the eye, but they at least make an effort to switch it up once in a while. (By the way, I don't know if you were trying to show that blue was more pleasing than red, but I just want to point out that both Bush's and Clinton were elected with the color red. It's the 'power' tie color, don't you know.)

For you GALENROX that still doesn't abrogate the psychological effects of color on the human mind.

And for you MIKKEL it isn't just what is pleasing to the mind. Type color into your search engine and go see.

This will take years I know but if we are patient and live long enough we will find that this "switching of colors" is not going to happen. Not if my "theory" about why one is red and one is blue is true.

I am surprised to see that no one has brought up red, white and blue!!! That would explain it but again; I am willing to put up my first born that there will be no switch of colors by the media. Nope. Nada. Nyet. Uh uh.

NOTE: I don't use red?

gordontravels said:

Done! Promise me that if I change my mind that you want call me a liar? Who knows? Maybe I'll even vote Republican?

Ever see the Woody Allen movie "Everybody Says I Love You"? The family portrayed are wealthy Upper East Side New Yorkers with Alan Alda as the Dad and Goldie Hawn as the Mom. The entire family is ultra Liberal, as blue as it gets....except their 18 year old son, who for very perplexing reasons to them is a staunch Republican. They're constantly battling over politics.

Near the end of the film its discovered that the son has a brain tumor restricting blood flow to the brain. He has surgery and low and behold he's cured.....the blood flow is restored to normal and, yup, you guessed it, he's no longer a Republican! It is one of my favorite scenes in this truly terrific film.

26 X World Champs said:
Done! Promise me that if I change my mind that you want call me a liar? Who knows? Maybe I'll even vote Republican?

Ever see the Woody Allen movie "Everybody Says I Love You"? The family portrayed are wealthy Upper East Side New Yorkers with Alan Alda as the Dad and Goldie Hawn as the Mom. The entire family is ultra Liberal, as blue as it gets....except their 18 year old son, who for very perplexing reasons to them is a staunch Republican. They're constantly battling over politics.

Near the end of the film its discovered that the son has a brain tumor restricting blood flow to the brain. He has surgery and low and behold he's cured.....the blood flow is restored to normal and, yup, you guessed it, he's no longer a Republican! It is one of my favorite scenes in this truly terrific film.

Well I suppose fantasy can do amazing things but when you cite Alan Alda and Goldie Hawn you are leaving me behind as they are two of my least favorite actors. As for Woody Allen, early stuff ok, later stuff stinks.

Still the primise you give for the movie is very funny. I have to wonder what would have been the modicum if the blood flow had been further restricted. There is always a way to cure someone but that doesn't mean it will be for the better. Lobotomy comes to mind.

gordontravels said:
Well I suppose fantasy can do amazing things but when you cite Alan Alda and Goldie Hawn you are leaving me behind as they are two of my least favorite actors. As for Woody Allen, early stuff ok, later stuff stinks.

Still the primise you give for the movie is very funny.
Edward Norton was also in the film as well as Natalie Portman and Drew Barrymore & Julia Roberts....an excellent cast....Did I mention it's also a musical? Great soundtrack too.....

26 X World ChampsHuh? You're tired said:
So let's see. You find pictures of Bush and monkeys. Go through the trouble of posting them. And have no recollection? That's bullshit champs. Plain and simple. Lying again.

Tell me Teach, how much time elapsed between the first Monkey pic post and when I apologized? I don't know, maybe you can provide us with the truth here, is that doable?
You know it is. Waste of my time. And if you can't remember that, again, where's your car keys?

While you're at, maybe you can look up the word humility too? It's one of my favorites.....Speaking of which, how come you never apologized to me for the things that you wrote about me that got you suspended?

Cause I'm not a puss. Chimp? Chump? Didn't see me running and tattling to vauge. Like you. I have it on good authority. Oh look, were in the basement. And you too. Good thing I put newspapers on the floor for you. You're a lier champs. That's all there is to it. Anytime. Any debate. Here in the basement.

Zyphlin said:
Can someone please get Teacher (God love him) and World Champs a private room and a ruler so they can finish this little "who's got the bigger [explicative deleted for political correctness]" contest and we can get onto other things.

teacher is always lower case. I don't want to appear too pompas. Is the ruler to measure my massive......brain? Just pointing out he has been caught in lies bro, that's all.

teacher said:
Cause I'm not a puss. Chimp? Chump? Didn't see me running and tattling to vauge. Like you. I have it on good authority. Oh look, were in the basement. And you too. Good thing I put newspapers on the floor for you. You're a lier champs.
Let's see? You were suspended from this site by the administrators who deemed your posts objectionable. You're incapable of admitting that you were wrong, and instead of showing even a moderate amount of intelligence you resort to your SOP, belittling and starting fires. That's all you're good for IMHO.

You're still calling me names. You seem to have this bully mentality and you seem to attack when proven wrong. You were suspended for violating the rules. Trying to blame someone for pointing out that you violated the rules is the typical response I would expect from someone who is lacking social skills, and is unable to see that they are responsible for their own plight.

I remember the class clown in high school, do you? Your posts remind me of what the class clown would write, they have the same level of intellect. Class clowns were only able to attract attention to themselves by being outrageous, stupid and trouble makers. Take away those traits from their personality and you're left with their being unable to contribute anything. They often were the loneliest people in the class, the ones that no one respected because they were pitiful. The only way to get people to pay attention to them was to make a fool of themselves, allowing themselves to be humiliated and being accepting of it since it was their only way of being "accepted."

That's why people always pitied the class clown, they were always laughed at behind their backs. They were only put up with because they were able to be the thing people laughed at...

I was once, on a former forum, accused of being pompous and naive. Since I knew I was the Village Idiot, I didn't argue. :duel :cool:

gordontravels said:
I was once, on a former forum, accused of being pompous and naive. Since I knew I was the Village Idiot, I didn't argue. :duel :cool:

Only once? Sorry that was a cheap shot couldn't resist.

Did you make a slight change to your color scheme? I'm getting less of a headache looking at it.

Pacridge said:
Only once? Sorry that was a cheap shot couldn't resist.

Did you make a slight change to your color scheme? I'm getting less of a headache looking at it.

Actually no, not only once but then I don't want to hog it either. There are a lot of me but I tend to own up to it.

As to headache of the color scheme? The Admin of this forum updated last Sunday making it much easier to add all the bells and whistles that I enjoy. I'm sure the headache that plagued you was from the intense anticipation which I have made less harrowing by enjoying the shorter road to your mind. Make sense?

gordontravels said:
Actually no, not only once but then I don't want to hog it either. There are a lot of me but I tend to own up to it.

As to headache of the color scheme? The Admin of this forum updated last Sunday making it much easier to add all the bells and whistles that I enjoy. I'm sure the headache that plagued you was from the intense anticipation which I have made less harrowing by enjoying the shorter road to your mind. Make sense?

There are a lot of you?

And no.

26 X World Champs said:
Let's see? You were suspended from this site by the administrators who deemed your posts objectionable.

So friggin what. It's a web site.
You're incapable of admitting that you were wrong, and instead of showing even a moderate amount of intelligence you resort to your SOP, belittling and starting fires. That's all you're good for IMHO.
Wrong about what chump? Be specific. And the name thing? Remember posting to cnredd, "I'm not saying your an assh*ole but...?" That's when I joined in. You call people names then chastise them for doing the same back.

You're still calling me names.
Puss.

You seem to have this bully mentality and you seem to attack when proven wrong. You were suspended for violating the rules.
You need to point that out as often as possible. I'm sooooo ashamed of that. Proven wrong about what chump? Be specific.

Trying to blame someone for pointing out that you violated the rules
I call that a narc. A tattletale. Fink. Rat. Snitch. On a web site no less. You ran off and told mommy. Word it any way you like. Go back a ways chimp and you'll find you called me a name first. You called me a bigot. I shoot back and you snitch. I didn't. But then I'm a man.

is the typical response I would expect from someone who is lacking social skills, and is unable to see that they are responsible for their own plight.

At least you don't call names, right? You're fun chimp. You often contradict yourself in the same post.

I remember the class clown in high school, do you? Your posts remind me of what the class clown would write, they have the same level of intellect. Class clowns were only able to attract attention to themselves by being outrageous, stupid and trouble makers. Take away those traits from their personality and you're left with their being unable to contribute anything. They often were the loneliest people in the class, the ones that no one respected because they were pitiful. The only way to get people to pay attention to them was to make a fool of themselves, allowing themselves to be humiliated and being accepting of it since it was their only way of being "accepted."

That's why people always pitied the class clown, they were always laughed at behind their backs. They were only put up with because they were able to be the thing people laughed at...

My, a whole post of name calling that you don't do.

Any topic, anytime. You can't debate because you don't have facts behind you. Go hang out with tictok. You're just like him.

gordontravelsAs to headache of the color scheme?[/QUOTE said:
You remind me of high school girls who write in colored ink. Good thing you can't dot your i's with little hearts and smile faces. I usually don't read your posts because of the color. You're probably lucky I don't.

Back
Top Bottom