• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ohio considers total ban on abortion and death penalty for women or doctors found guilty

Good. An eye for an eye.

Meh....its just a tad draconian...

Ohio can't overturn roe vs wade, they can only challenge it. And it's been challenged so many times...it's settled law. I'm not worried.

Ohio can't overturn roe vs wade, they can only challenge it. And it's been challenged so many times...it's settled law. I'm not worried.

Well, as we all know, abortion is illegal now because Kavanaugh was confirmed. At least if you listen to the buffers on both sides.

Nice to know that you are Jewish. Since you clearly have no respect for Jesus.

Nice try. Killing babies born or unborn will always make your life cut short. Whoever pulls the plug.

House Bill 565 makes no exception for pregnancies arising from rape or incest or which risk the life of the mother.

Although the document does not include miscarriages, it is unclear how an unintended termination would be proven by a woman or doctor under scrutiny.

:roll:

Good job not fully thinking this through, I'll give them that.

And Rockett88? I’m not Christian. I worship Tengri. And His Son Jesus Christ came down to earth to spread His Fathers Word.

I’m all in favor of any law that doesn’t make “ the exception “ into the ruling.

They deserve a standing ovation.

giphy.gif

Nope and he didn't come up with an "eye for an eye" [Mosaic law]

If she has made herself impure and been unfaithful to her husband, this will be the result: When she is made to drink the water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering, it will enter her, her abdomen will swell and her womb will miscarry, and she will become a curse.--Numbers 5:27 NIV

Happy is the one who seizes your infants
and dashes them against the rocks.
-- Psalm 137:9

Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”
-- 1 Samuel 15:3

You were saying....?

Nobody is killing babies.

An acorn is not an oak tree. An embryo is not a person
keep repeating your slogans. At the political meeting maybe some day you can recite them by memory. Just remember to be the first to hit yourself in your chest three times before straightarming your clenched fist, or your party bosses will have you taken away before the sun rises.

keep repeating your slogans. At the political meeting maybe some day you can recite them by memory. Just remember to be the first to hit yourself in your chest three times before straightarming your clenched fist, or your party bosses will have you taken away before the sun rises.

I'm not a member of either party. I am just demonstrating (pithily I might add) the fundamental flaw in pro-life thinking: It mistakes potentiality for actuality.

I'm not a member of either party. I am just demonstrating (pithily I might add) the fundamental flaw in pro-life thinking: It mistakes potentiality for actuality.
you assumed I’m “ pro-life “. When I’m not. So I will take that as your party affiliation. Which is communistic in principal and genocidal in practice.

It really hasnt been challenged at the SCOTUS, but I do notice a trend that whenever a person can not defend their position they claims its settled in an attempt to stifle discussion about it.

No matter your position on abortion the legal justification for it is very shaky. I doubt many on either side have read the opinion.

There is no right to abortion. There is a right to privacy between a person and their doctor to prescribe a medically valid treatment. Sound simple enough?

Well that only apparently applies to a womans vagina since it has only ever been upheld in 2 situations, abortion and a contraceptive pill. Why wouldnt it also apply to medical marijuana, non FDA approved drugs for terminal patients, or even assisted suicide?

RBG even said that in an interview, "Ginsburg said. “It’s about the doctor’s freedom to practice…it wasn’t woman-centered, it was physician-centered.”

All the "reproductive rights" and "self-determination" mumbo jumbo is just that

Also interesting is that the roe opinion makes it clear that the SCOTUS does not endorse the "unlimited right to do with one's body as one pleases" opinion of a right to general privacy

Back
Top Bottom