• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oh, Trump just screwed people on tax day. "Trump Admin allows deferral of Social Security tax."

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Oh, Trump just screwed people on tax day. "Trump Admin allows deferral of Social Security tax."

Trump administration allows deferral of Social Security tax

"It allows employers to offer their workers a temporary deferral of the 6.2% payroll tax employees pay into the Social Security Trust Fund for the rest of this year. The taxes owed would not be forgiven, and instead would come due in 2021."

Just wait. A ton of people will be literally "shocked", "shocked" i tell you when the bill comes due.

But it might get our corrupt President some votes. November comes before April/tax day.

Re: Oh, Trump just screwed people on tax day. "Trump Admin allows deferral of Social Security tax."

"It allows employers to offer their workers a temporary deferral of the 6.2% payroll tax employees pay into the Social Security Trust Fund for the rest of this year. The taxes owed would not be forgiven, and instead would come due in 2021."

Just wait. A ton of people will be literally "shocked", "shocked" i tell you when the bill comes due.

But it might get our corrupt President some votes. November comes before April/tax day.

Is this slimier to George Bushes tax cuts/credit that later people had to pay on?(LOL)

Man, people are so gullible?

Re: Oh, Trump just screwed people on tax day. "Trump Admin allows deferral of Social Security tax."

And that will be a Biden tax day that Republicans will blame on Biden and the Dems, as usual, will find it beneath them to defend.

Smart businesses will ignore the whole fraudulent scam. Withhold and deposit as normal. Don't screw your workers.

i bet some will have to do it.

And that will be a Biden tax day that Republicans will blame on Biden and the Dems, as usual, will find it beneath them to defend.

oh, it will all be blamed on Joe/Democrats.

Yup. This was an action that is almost as stupid as it is abusive - and it is quite abusive.

Smart businesses will ignore the whole fraudulent scam. Withhold and deposit as normal. Don't screw your workers.

Yup. If a future Congress decides to make those cuts into an actual tax cut, they can get it back.

But - while I am generally a fan of getting rid of withholding alltogether as a good-governance measure - this kind of Stealth way of doing it will only screw over Americans.

Yup. If a future Congress decides to make those cuts into an actual tax cut, they can get it back.

But - while I am generally a fan of getting rid of withholding alltogether as a good-governance measure - this kind of Stealth way of doing it will only screw over Americans.

and may get the person who did it re-elected.

This president does not have the authority to make this change....... no president will ever have that authority.

how can one guy do this with no oversight? we aren't a ****ing dictatorship yet.

You seem to think people are stupid and will be shocked when they find out the bill is due.

Who knows...you just might be right.

and may get the person who did it re-elected.

....Eh. It may help, but, the odds are still against it, and, frankly, I'm not sure than an extra $10 in someone's pocket is really going to change their vote that much. If I had to point to issues with greater salience that could actually help get Trump reelected (and, again, the odds are still against it), I would point to the possibility that riots in cities continue and/or worsen, or the possibility that Biden has a "Senior Moment" on a debate stage, or in some other viral public venue.

how can one guy do this with no oversight? we aren't a ****ing dictatorship yet.

the Confederates love it that way.

think about what they have cheered for centuries.

Read his EO. It is based on laws that were written by Congress and passed by Presidents.

As the phrase goes, I believe: "He Has A Pen And A Phone".

You seem to think people are stupid and will be shocked when they find out the bill is due.

Who knows...you just might be right.

you're asking me if people are stupid after they elected an obvious and extremely famous con man.

hahahahaha

the Confederates love it that way.

think about what they have cheered for centuries.

the average Tweety moron isn't going to love losing SS and Medicare. what are we going to do, bring back poorhouses? let them amputate their underfunded elderly diabetic legs with bootstraps? yeah, that will really piss off the libs. :roll:

sometimes the stupid is just too much.

Once again, showing just how ignorant almost everyone in the anti-trump camp can be about something as simple as their taxes. Is probably not the best method for you to start a thread.

Read his EO. It is based on laws that were written by Congress and passed by Presidents.

Well, you've already asked way too much of them.

How about something more productive?
I suggest teaching a penguin to moonlight as a Thai kickboxing, luchador... Seeing as that's more feasible than your prior request.

Last edited:

the average Tweety moron isn't going to love losing SS and Medicare. what are we going to do, bring back poorhouses? let them amputate their underfunded elderly diabetic legs with bootstraps? yeah, that will really piss off the libs. :roll:

sometimes the stupid is just too much.

they will cheer this until they are in the poor house themselves.

idiots. there was a reason that SS was started and has worked for ages. they're just too stupid or too selfish to care.

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtInThe View Post

===============================================================================================================================

This president does not have the authority to make this change....... no president will ever have that authority.

The house and senate DO write legislation and they pass legislation = the president is a figure head that needs to be reined in big time. He does not understand his job ........ though he would love to be a dictator which is why Trump and followers should move to Russia or China or Saudi Arabia.

and........? How do you think SS should be funded?

During the 20th century, there were several periods lasting more than ten years when the return on stocks was negative.

After the Dow Jones stock index went down by over 75% between 1929 and 1933, the Dow did not return to its 1929 level until 1953.

In claiming that the rate of return on a stock investment is guaranteed to be greater than the return on any other asset, would be lying. If an investment-firm broker made this claim to his clients, he would be arrested and charged with stock fraud. Michael Milken went to jail for several years for making just this type of promise about financial investments.

and........? How do you think SS should be funded?
As it is....... I've never met anyone who turned away their Social Security Insurance or Medicare Insurance. Both are a best bang for the buck.

If your retirement investments are NOT secured against just about everything it's time to move that money and KEEP SOCIAL SECURITY INSURANCE AND MEDICARE INSURANCE. There are millions in America that
are damn glad they did.

Back
Top Bottom