• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oh, the things you wish you could UN-see.

I won't remember it by tomorrow, but the dude is in good shape for his age. Shouldn't have done it that low though. Swimming trunks, at the very least, dude.

didn't click the link. unfortunately, i did see the first Hostel. after that movie, i began being more careful about the data i put into my brain.

I won't remember it by tomorrow, but the dude is in good shape for his age. Shouldn't have done it that low though. Swimming trunks, at the very least, dude.

He is in good shape. I just didn't want to see that much of his shape.

For 70, the guy looks pretty damn good. But the one video I wish I could un-see is the video of that kid getting his head sawn off in Iraq. Nick Berg I think his name was. That and Saddams hanging are hard to erase.

Geraldo Rivera @GeraldoRivera

Note to self: no tweeting after 1am

For 70, the guy looks pretty damn good. But the one video I wish I could un-see is the video of that kid getting his head sawn off in Iraq. Nick Berg I think his name was. That and Saddams hanging are hard to erase.

In the field of work I'm in, I've seen MUCH worse. This is nothing.

What's holding that towel up though?! :-o

I saw the Nick Berg video. I don't know why I clicked on it. I just guess I didn't expect to see it. That was years ago, and it's still with me. I will never click on anything like that again. I think it will probably stay with me for the rest of my life.

I saw the Nick Berg video. I don't know why I clicked on it. I just guess I didn't expect to see it. That was years ago, and it's still with me. I will never click on anything like that again. I think it will probably stay with me for the rest of my life.

I've seen a couple of things in my life that I would really rather forget; a picture of an insurgent in Iraq who had the entire back of skull basically liquefied by a round from a sniper rifle and the aftermath of some dumbass marine biting down on the primer charge of a grenade on a dare chief among them. However, the beheading videos never really bothered me that much.

It actually kind of bothered me how little they bothered me.

The whole thing just seems so casual on the part of the people doing the beheading most of the time; like cutting off the head of a chicken. It's just kind of surreal. :(

I've seen a couple of things in my life that I would really rather forget; a picture of an insurgent in Iraq who had the entire back of skull basically liquefied by a round from a sniper rifle and the aftermath of some dumbass marine biting down on the primer charge of a grenade on a dare chief among them. However, the beheading videos never really bothered me that much.

It actually kind of bothered me how little they bothered me.

The whole thing just seems so casual on the part of the people doing the beheading most of the time; like cutting off the head of a chicken. It's just kind of surreal. :(

We are becoming pretty desensitized. :(

I didn't click on the link, what would be the point?

70 is 70, whether you feel good, look good (for your age) whatever, there comes a time when you need to have the dignity of your age. People and family want to see that dignity, wisdom of the years and perhaps a bit of self-effacement.

Publicly, this is something that people under a certain age do better, it is best left to them.

We are becoming pretty desensitized. :(

One of my instructors in the military actually told us that one of his duties overseas involved getting fingerprints and retina scans off of the blown apart corpses of insurgents that had been killed in combat with American forces.

That's something that I could simply never do. Seeing dead bodies is one thing, but handling them is another matter entirely.

I'm actually kind of shocked that the experience didn't leave him with some rather serious PTSD.

I think Geraldo Rivera lost his dignity after the whole "Al Capone vault" fiasco.

I think Geraldo Rivera lost his dignity after the whole "Al Capone vault" fiasco.

Ha! No kidding. I forgot that. He's always been kind of a carnival type guy.

Ha! No kidding. I forgot that. He's always been kind of a carnival type guy.

I don't know how old you are, but I remember when he had his talk show, he had KKKluckers on his show and militant black people on the same show. He was then surprised when he got hit in the head with a chair. I saw that episode. :lol: It was a free-for-all. Like Jerry Springer, but I don't think it was fake, like Springer is. And in the Geraldo episode, everybody got involved in the brawl.

I saw the Al Capone special, too. The look on his face. Priceless.

Not clicking the link.

Some things are better left unseen, and that would be one of them.

When someone does something like apparently he has, which I see as an embarrassment to themselves, I feel enough people are going to shred them for it, I don't need to add to it.

I don't know how old you are, but I remember when he had his talk show, he had KKKluckers on his show and militant black people on the same show. He was then surprised when he got hit in the head with a chair. I saw that episode. :lol: It was a free-for-all. Like Jerry Springer, but I don't think it was fake, like Springer is. And in the Geraldo episode, everybody got involved in the brawl.

Actually, that's where Springer got his dueling guests format from. Gerry used it every episode after the chair to the head thing once he saw it was a ratings bonanza.

I think they were nazi skinheads not KKK, though there's not much difference in their philosophy.

I either saw that or a part of a video right after. I remember someone started strangling some guy and then I read that Geraldo got his nose broken, but I don't remember seeing anyone hit him so I don't know who that was. I'd like to see that again, it's probably around somewhere.

Last edited:

Same here, SF. It was a link on PCF... it's definitely something that stays with a person. I was dating a guy at the time who was over there...needless to say, it did nothing to help calm the worry.

That's what I get for trying to rely on my memory. :lol: It was skinheads, and the black guy that actually got involved was called an Uncle Tom. That's where it started. I had forgotten that his nose was broken, but I believe I read that the nose was broken because he was hit in the head with a chair. Again, relying on memory, though, and we see how well that has worked out for me.

Back
Top Bottom