• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oh, The GOP Sure Showed Obama...

I am completely flabbergasted. The GOP answer from the House is to give Obama everything he wants and if that's not enough GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANTED? In exchange for a framework for future negotiations?

Boehner, Cantor, Ryan, go to hell, seriously, I mean it. I hope you all burn...

Jesus H.

We're doomed...

This is not surprising.

This is why I left the Republican party, no spine and even less convictions. Obama is a horrible negotiator and a worse White House occupant.

It's this type of BS that had me leave. I mean are these guys complete F'n morons, or what?

It's this type of BS that had me leave. I mean are these guys complete F'n morons, or what?
Republicans are smarter when it comes to economics, Democrats are smarter politicians, it's like you have a complete brain between the entire lot of them and they are fighting for who gets to use it.

Though this is fun, it's even better listening to Krauthammer describe Lee and cruz as Generals leading their troops to Little Big Horn and leaving them there, going home for lunch..Charles had several other haymakers.

Last edited:
The republicans always have there guns drawn, but they keep aiming at their feet.

You guys are good..I only drink the Champagne of Bottled beer, bottled in our county..Lincoln repubs/Dems and other Repubs have great ideas..For those OTRs who went to DC to protest, where would they be without Ike's Interstates??and Repubs must rue the day Heritage invented ACA..
Republicans are smarter when it comes to economics, Democrats are smarter politicians, it's like you have a complete brain between the entire lot of them and they are fighting for who gets to use it.

The only reason cantor gave in is because of the proverbial gun to his head, by the KOCHs and CH of CO
I am completely flabbergasted. The GOP answer from the House is to give Obama everything he wants and if that's not enough GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANTED? In exchange for a framework for future negotiations?

Jesus H.

We're doomed...

This is not surprising.

You know, really, it isn't.

What surprises me is that Obama likes his bitches to play hard to get before he bends them over....

Jesus H.

We're doomed...

that is what happens when your bluff gets called. Everyone new this crisis was only going to perpetuate up until the point one side figured out they were taking more PR damage than benefits, and how the GOP handled the media left them pissing in the wind.

More a function of the incompetence of the GOP leadership than Obama successfully navigating that mess.

The only reason cantor gave in is because of the proverbial gun to his head, by the KOCHs and CH of CO

The Koch bros money came from their daddy, who got it from Stalin. the Koch brothers can go to hell too...

Last edited:
This is why I left the Republican party, no spine and even less convictions. Obama is a horrible negotiator and a worse White House occupant.

This is kinda evidence that conservatives really do have their own reality that has no connection to the real world. Obama the horrible negotiator has gotten most of what he has tried to get, consistently. Not everything, but the track record is pretty good.

But they put these TEAguys in to do this in the first place..
How about the conference call the President had with 150 Business leader?
The Koch bros money came form their daddy, who got it from Stalin. the Koch brothers can go to hell too...

You guys are good..I only drink the Champagne of Bottled beer, bottled in our county..Lincoln repubs/Dems and other Repubs have great ideas..For those OTRs who went to DC to protest, where would they be without Ike's Interstates??and Repubs must rue the day Heritage invented ACA..
Well, I can tell you this, as a former insurance professional, the ACA absolutely sucks. As a Libertarian because of the ineptitude of both parties, they are horrid people ruining our country in their own special ways.

Looks like he was a better negotiator then the GOP in Congress.

Looks like he was a better negotiator then the GOP in Congress.
Sad but true. The first rule of negotiation is to walk away when one party does not want to give the correct value, the Republicans blinked, and that was an amateur move. Obama is a horrible negotiator, but he won through attrition.

that is what happens when your bluff gets called. Everyone new this crisis was only going to perpetuate up until the point one side figured out they were taking more PR damage than benefits, and how the GOP handled the media left them pissing in the wind.

More a function of the incompetence of the GOP leadership than Obama successfully navigating that mess.

You see, Iim shocked not that they folded, but that they actually put up a fight. Now that they folded, with only the tax taken off medical devices and closer scrutiny to eligible participants, WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN PLACE to begin with I am surprised that they have no sense of showmanship at all. I mean, They must really think people are stupid to see that they did this for nothing more than show, and not on any actual principle.

Cynics can say they seen this coming a mile away, but it doesn't take a soothsayer to figure out which group is the heel grabbers in public office these days...

This is really quite graphic Chez..
All Obama asked for was a CHEESE only pizza..
But you guys had to load it up with different ingredients each day, and wanting him to pay for all of it.
You know, really, it isn't.

What surprises me is that Obama likes his bitches to play hard to get before he bends them over....

This is kinda evidence that conservatives really do have their own reality that has no connection to the real world. Obama the horrible negotiator has gotten most of what he has tried to get, consistently. Not everything, but the track record is pretty good.
Correct, the GOP is more concerned with protecting their own asses than holding to their convictions, and as long as they play the line they'll get run over.

But they put these TEAguys in to do this in the first place..
How about the conference call the President had with 150 Business leader?

so as to prevent a violent swing Left and give the people the same bailout as the corporations, they're the scummiest of the scum... I never liked them and I actually despised the Tea Party in large part because of their involvement.

Maybe the issue is your analysis of what constitutes winning here? Take for example his handling of the healthcare debate. Obama was absent for most of that fiasco, failed to unite his own party behind a plan, and left a lack luster congressional leadership to deal with the mess.

And what did the liberals get, a ****ty RNC center right policy. In fact, his only saving grace was an even more incompetent GOP, who thought a failure to offer any real alternative plan and exercising a Pavlovian response to all things democrat was a winning strategy.

There are no winners in such a scenario, just bigger losers

Sad but true. The first rule of negotiation is to walk away when one party does not want to give the correct value, the Republicans blinked, and that was an amateur move. Obama is a horrible negotiator, but he won through attrition.

The GOP was destined to lose from the beginning. They set a position that Obama was NEVER going to back down to. They were horrible at negotiating this.

Back
Top Bottom