• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oh, she's here?

Yes, no, maybe...
I left a while back for reasons, I then lost my PC and posting on my phone is a typo Minefield of fail. So I stayed away, then I got a new PC.
Specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz (6 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16338MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B06&SUBSYS_376B1458&REV_A1
Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 19296 MB
Dedicated Memory: 11127 MB
Shared Memory: 8169 MB
Device Name: Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Device Name: SteelSeries Arctis 7
Device Name: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Model: Samsung SSD 960 EVO x 2 256gb
EVGA AIO CPU Cooler

For those that can read it, yeah... it's a beast. The 3d Mark score was better than 89% of all posted to their site scores. It's a BEAST, just need to get that VR Headset and a new monitor and I am SET.

For those not in the Tech Weeds as it were, this system is like a Porche or a midrange Ferrari, not a top end enthusiast machine, but not far off either. There isn't a program in my steam library or on my PC I can't run at Ultra right now.

Now personal front, I've had some serious health setbacks, my metabolism has basically stopped, thyroid related beyond my control, that lead to some weight issues, which lead to Type II Diabeetus diagnoses, and a hole in my right eye vision, I'm on notice I'll be blind by this time next year if nothing changes. To combat this, I am looking at major surgical solutions and a complete lifestyle change. I dont' feel sorry for me, I have tried, vainly to fight this through less drastic measures, but it's time to step to the plate. The sight issue is the most pressing, right now it's far right of my FOV so it's more an annoyance then a problem. This could change anytime.

How am I fighting?

Drugs. (metformin, calm your horses) Lifestyle changes, bought a bike, built a work out gym, drastically changed diet. Last night, we had veggies for dinner, the night before? Artichoke. Tonight? Squash and Cucumbers.

That doesn't mean I won't enjoy a good meal from time to time, but those are not what they were. I'm learning a whole new meal plan and cooking techniques.

I am very sorry to hear that Maggie passed, she was always very nice to me, and one of the better of the posters here. The world lost a good person, and heaven added another angel. Rest in peace Maggie, you are missed.

Welcome back and I hope your health improves. I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes in November, so I can relate to some of what you are going through. Mine has come under control(from 14.9 A1C to 6.1 at the start of February). I recomment the salad starters you can get(I get the one with lettuce, radish and carrot strips), pick up cucumber, red onion, diced tomatoes, and will sometimes hard boil egg to add. Add in bacon bits(real bacon!), Texas Toast croutons and Kroger nofat Italian dressing, and it is a great lunch. Everything I need for 4 meals under 7$. A couple bananas for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and I can have almost anything I want(within reason) for dinner and keep my blood glucose under 110.

Do take care of it, it is a pain but it is well worth it. Your health is too valuable to **** around with.

Yeah. Im working hard to correct this. Thank you for the advice! We had couscous, squash and greenbeans tonight

Sorry to read about your health issues, they are indeed some challenging ones but it sounds as though you are facing them head on...that's a good thing...keep fightin'!

Hey, glad to hear (read) from you. You have been missed. Lets hope you can improve your lifestyle to accommodate your health needs. We are here to cheer you on.
Move more, eat less and be aware what you stuff in your mouth. Every time you are hungry for a burger, consider what's more valuable, your eyesight or your stomach.

My burger sight! No seriously though, thank you Lovebug, that means a lot. I am watching what I eat, tonight we were out with friends and I behaved, tomorrow we're having a cesaer salad for dinner then seeing Death Wish (Jen thinks Bruce Willis is hot, even old and bald) and I'm working with insurance to get this covered since there is a minor networking matter to clear up.

Oh hey, you're back! I'd ask how you've been, but that has been abundantly explained. Best of luck with the thyroid problems.

Also, that's one HELL of a Skyrim box you've got. I'm frankly jealous of it.

Back
Top Bottom