• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

oh my: Stone Age carving may be ancient sex toy

This bone carving from Stone Age Sweden could be an ancient dildo, scientists say. Then again, it might just be a carving tool.

yeah a carving tool uhhhHmmm right;)

This is actually pretty common. These kinds of things get found all the time but rarely reported. No archeologist wants to be "that guy who found the Ancient Sumerian dildo", not exactly the highlight of the career.

Much more likely a religious symbol than a sex toy.

Much more likely a religious symbol than a sex toy.
There's a good chance it could be both as religion and sex could often be mixed, especially in prehistoric shamanistic beliefs.

There's a good chance it could be both as religion and sex could often be mixed, especially in prehistoric shamanistic beliefs.

That is religious in that day and culture. Sex has become somewhat cheapened in our day and age. We no longer revere it for its creative purpose and it's symbolism of things sacred, but use it primarily as just another recreational activity.

Its as sacred as a phallus, but just another phallus...
spl90890_003_0.jpg

WHOOO!!!!!

That is religious in that day and culture. Sex has become somewhat cheapened in our day and age. We no longer revere it for its creative purpose and it's symbolism of things sacred, but use it primarily as just another recreational activity.
Lets not elevate the past. Sex may have been a sacred thing in the past but dont assume there wasn't sex for fun and recreation as well and probably on the same or greater scale as today.

Lets not elevate the past. Sex may have been a sacred thing in the past but dont assume there wasn't sex for fun and recreation as well and probably on the same or greater scale as today.

Yeah, I find it hard to believe that anyone at anytime in history hasn't been a complete horndog.

I'm not elevating the past. I am pointing out that sex was a mystery in those days, thus took on a religious tone. Now, we understand through medical science the physiological function and anatomy/physiology of sex. This has removed the mystery. Sure they had sex because they enjoyed it, but it was a form of religious ritual- sort of magical.

I'm not elevating the past. I am pointing out that sex was a mystery in those days, thus took on a religious tone. Now, we understand through medical science the physiological function and anatomy/physiology of sex. This has removed the mystery. Sure they had sex because they enjoyed it, but it was a form of religious ritual- sort of magical.

sex, at it's best, IS magical.

does your pestle look like that?
This response was an eventual certainty, so…

“No, mines not that small...”

:mrgreen:

This response was an eventual certainty, so...

"No, mines not that small..."

:mrgreen:

It's not a certainty when I'm the one being asked.

Actually, I was hoping for a "what do you mean by "Kinda"?

To which I would have responded "There's always a team of scientists holding very tiny rulers up to it in an effort to determine it's origins and use"

It's not a certainty when I'm the one being asked.

Actually, I was hoping for a "what do you mean by "Kinda"?

To which I would have responded "There's always a team of scientists holding very tiny rulers up to it in an effort to determine it's origins and use"
And, depending on the sex and attractiveness of said scientists, they may record different results?

And, to humor you...

What do you mean by "Kinda"?

:lol:

And, depending on the sex and attractiveness of said scientists, they may record different results?

And, to humor you...

What do you mean by "Kinda"?

:lol:

he just means his is in miniature.

And what tools they are using for observation. Without an electron microscope, minute changes is size won't be observable.

Back
Top Bottom