• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oh, Glenn...

I'm still waiting for JohnWOlin to either retract his statement that Glenn Beck's "Planet of the Apes" comment was racist, or show us all what a liar he is by standing by it.

Moderator's Warning:
Grim17 is thread banned.

But in any case, comments made by Sunstein do not necessarily say anything about Obama's views. It's another guilt by association argument, as with Bill Ayers, Rev. Wright, etc.

Just curious, have you ever known anyone with so many unsavory charactors in their present and past lives?
I'll add a few to your list. Van Jones, Bernadine Dorn, Frank Marshall Davis, his father, Anita Dunn, Tony Rezco, Valarie Jarrett (excuse the spelling) these are just off the top of my head.

I'm not suggesting anything about Glenn Beck, as I don't know all that much about him because I don't care to. I'm inclined to say he's a fairly intelligent guy with a knack for showmanship, which describes pretty much every single dbag on cable.

I've never understood why people feel the need to watch things that they find dumb and then complain about them. If you don't like it, turn it off. I like to expose myself to contrasting views as well, but I make an effort to limit it to the moderately intelligent ones.

God, Ezra Klein and his interns are such ****.

He quotes two purportedly neutral tax experts (including one guy who has made a career out of decrying income inequality) who say 60-70%. He then quotes two liberal economists who, surprise surprise, happen to agree with that number. He then quotes 8 conservative pundits and professors, all of whom declined to respond or offered lower numbers. He then cites 4 Republican politicians, all of whom declined to respond.

Were the phones at Pelosi and Reid's offices broken? Were Olbermann and Al Gore unavailable? Has he given up the pretense of being anything other than a red meat purveyor for the pseudo-intellectual crowd?

People complain because they disagree and feel like whatever was covered was misrepresented, just as you have done before.

Last edited:
Ahhhhh racism. I should have known... lolololol. What a bunch of utter nonsense.

Let me again remind you of what he actually said:

Special interest! What planet have I landed on? Did I slip through a worm hole in the middle of the night and this looks like America? It's like the damn Planet of the Apes. Nothing makes sense!

I feel like I have to explain the obvious to you like you were an elementary school student, rather than an adult. So here is the explanation in terms even a child could grasp.

In the movie "Planet of the Apes", the planet looked just like earth, except apes ruled the planet and humans were treated like animals. In other words, he was saying that this looks like America, but nothing makes sense, just like in the movie "Planet of the Apes."

His comment had absolutely NOTHING to do with race, and only a dishonest liberal liar would try and claim otherwise. So are you ready to admit you were mistaken, or are you in fact nothing but a partisan liberal liar?

I'm beginning to think I know liberals better than I know myself. When I saw this I thought it was funny. Immediately after, I thought "damn Glenn, you're in trouble. Liberals won't get it and they're going to play the race card again.

People complain because they disagree and feel like whatever was covered was misrepresented, just as you have done before.

There's a difference between sitting down to watch an hour-long television program hosted by someone you think is an idiot and reading and responding to a thread that someone else posted on a debate forum.

So John... Do you stand by your "Racism" lie or not?

Be a man and stop avoiding the issue.

Here is the irony here; Fox by their own admission of not posting the original transcript suggest that it is racist. The guy's analogy was stupid in the first place and Fox realized that.

Judging by the tone and crass of some of the responses here though maybe I shouldn't be messing with their Uncle B anymore?

There's a difference between sitting down to watch an hour-long television program hosted by someone you think is an idiot and reading and responding to a thread that someone else posted on a debate forum.

Then I guess it comes down to whether you thought ezra klien was an idiot before or after you read the article.

Just curious, have you ever known anyone with so many unsavory charactors in their present and past lives?
I'll add a few to your list. Van Jones, Bernadine Dorn, Frank Marshall Davis, his father, Anita Dunn, Tony Rezco, Valarie Jarrett (excuse the spelling) these are just off the top of my head.

Off the top of my head, Bush 43 is associated, both personally and ideologically, with William Kristol, Paul Wolfowitz, Robert Kagan, and a number of other neo-conservative figures involved in creating the Project for a New America. These people learned much of their world-view from the writings of Leo Strauss, who advocated, among other things: Rulers need not observe the laws they impose on the ruled; A ruler can cheat and lie and do all sorts of things but should at all time maintain the outside appearance of adherence to human rights and caring for people; Leaders can use religion as one of many tools to ensure the nation keeps on course as formulated; Outside threats help ensure social cohesion under domestic leadership; and Altruism, environmental protection, justice etc, are not the concern of governments and ruling elites. They have no part to play in the equation of power.

See how easy that was? Do I think that Bush 43 agreed with all of the international relations theories of the Straussians? No. That would be dumb.

Oh lookie - another bash Beck thread where no one left of center can actually dispute what he says, they just attack his character. :roll:

I would do that if he actually had any character.

I will now do my Glenn Beck impersonation.

There are communists at Rockefeller Center and I know it because I'm a student of Depression-Era architecture! MOUNTAIN DEW AND CHEETOS! The Republic is over because we're regulating derivatives! :cry:

He's nothing more than Ann Coulter with a vagina.

I would do that if he actually had any character.

I will now do my Glenn Beck impersonation.

There are communists at Rockefeller Center and I know it because I'm a student of Depression-Era architecture! MOUNTAIN DEW AND CHEETOS! The Republic is over because we're regulating derivatives! :cry:

He's nothing more than Ann Coulter with a vagina.

Thanks for proving my point!

:lamo

Last night he was apparently suggesting because of a bunch of mounds in Ohio (that I've known about since oh I dunno I was in elementary school) that America has been lied to about it's history forever, even though I was taught about it in school. He also tried suggesting that because of the height of the Pyramids and one of these mounds if you square it 2 times and then you take a strangely oval angle of the pyramids compared to a normal 360 degree measurement of this other structure that the two are related. Seriously, if this is SUPPOSED to be entertaining who is finding this **** entertaining? I didn't watch it all the way through because the stupid started to sink into my head and sonvabitch I got another nose bleed. Could someone elaborate on what the professor was getting at before I changed the channel to Ninja Warrior?

Actually, I know a whole slew of people who eat that kind of "In Search Of . . . " "ancient astronaut" **** up, and they all vote faithfully Democrat. Or Green.

Actually, I know a whole slew of people who eat that kind of "In Search Of . . . " "ancient astronaut" **** up, and they all vote faithfully Democrat. Or Green.

I know a lot of people that worship a magical sky daddy and a lot of them vote Republican.:mrgreen:

I know a lot of people that worship a magical sky daddy and a lot of them vote Republican.:mrgreen:

Which is probably why, by and large, you're going to find the "ancient astronaut" stuff on the other side (along with crop circle worshippers, Dan Brown adherents, etc.). Those who already believe in a god (rightly or wrongly) don't have to invent new ones. :shrug:

Which is probably why, by and large, you're going to find the "ancient astronaut" stuff on the other side (along with crop circle worshippers, Dan Brown adherents, etc.). Those who already believe in a god (rightly or wrongly) don't have to invent new ones. :shrug:

I'll go with the more creative option.

OK. Whatever lifts your payload.

I know a lot of people that worship a magical sky daddy and a lot of them vote Republican.

Not cool.

Which is probably why, by and large, you're going to find the "ancient astronaut" stuff on the other side (along with crop circle worshippers, Dan Brown adherents, etc.). Those who already believe in a god (rightly or wrongly) don't have to invent new ones.

Also wrong. There are some people that believe many of the stories in the bible correlate with what one could consider UFO sightings. I don't believe such things myself, but being a man that believes in God I also believe we aren't alone in this world.

Not cool.

Also wrong. There are some people that believe many of the stories in the bible correlate with what one could consider UFO sightings. I don't believe such things myself, but being a man that believes in God I also believe we aren't alone in this world.

While I believe in extraterriastial life I'm also willing to take a joke.

but being a man that believes in God I also believe we aren't alone in this world.

There is exactly as much evidence for both propositions.

Back
Top Bottom