• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oh Fox News

I saw it as "Breaking News" on CNN and after a couple seconds turned over to MSNBC to see what they were saying and they were saying the exact same lines - which I suppose that all the news outlets got from their news ticker service. So, yes, that's what I saw and heard my self. And, I wouldn't think you were calling me a liar. You and I are long past that point.

I think you all are missing what the OP is saying, the police reports disagree with Fox.

Absolutely, but consider the source. There's no rage like fauxrage.

LOL. Yeah. That's for sure. Yet another demonstration that liberals tolerate other opinions, perspectives, ideas, etc., just as long as it's theirs. :mrgreen:

LOL. Yeah. That's for sure. Yet another demonstration that liberals tolerate other opinions, perspectives, ideas, etc., just as long as it's theirs. :mrgreen:

Who says tolerance is about other opinions? I think you have that wrong, tolerance is about other people: blacks, white, religion, sexuality, country of origin, etc. The right doesn't like the left's opinions either.

Who says tolerance is about other opinions? I think you have that wrong, tolerance is about other people: blacks, white, religion, sexuality, country of origin, etc. The right doesn't like the left's opinions either.

It's both.

The left takes great effort to suppress, shout down, and otherwise disrupt the expression of speech and opinions of others that they don't agree with. This has been demonstrated on numerous occasions. How many conservative speakers on universities have their speaking engagements disrupted this way? Does this happen with any such frequency to liberal or progressive speakers on campus? Never heard of such a case, so I hardly think so.

That's fine to an extent, and may very well be an example of free speech countered by more free speech, but you'd expect some respect for others to have their chance to have their say, wouldn't you? So the liberal / progressive intolerance and disrespect of others who hold opinions and ideas that are counter to theirs it pretty clear.

What the left also does is enlist and exhort the government to suppress (censor) the speech of those which they don't agree with. Just look at the excessively PC movement for examples of this. They call for punitive punishment for people that disagree with them, and they cal lon the government to enforce that.

This is BS. And no, it's not legitimate to say that this is the consequences of free speech. It's suppression via authoritarian tyranny. What happened to 'I disagree with what you are saying, but support your right to say it'? Seems that this has fallen to the way side from the liberal ethos, where it was very prominent in the past.

Yes, the liberals and progressives of today are a mere shadow of the what they were previously. Where as previously I would have disagreed with them, I'd at least I could respect them and their position. These days? With their poor behavior and lack of principals? Not so much.

I think you all are missing what the OP is saying, the police reports disagree with Fox.

The later police reports disagreed with CNN, ABC, NBC, MSNBC and everyone else that first reported the story, for two reasons - The first report from the state police is what Fox, and everyone else reported which is what is in the OP, and then when more information was available and the state police changed the story with a correction, so did Fox and everyone else.

Look, I have no problem to get on Fox or anyone else when they go off the reality rails, but this was not any of their fault. They only reported the first reports from the state police, and then changed the report when the police changed their report. That's not bias, that's just life.

The "fair and balanced" nature of Fox News is clearly evident.

Fox News jumped to the cockpit part, which made it hilarious.

Most of the news networks are pretty abysmal, with Fox News and Politico leading the herd.

Jester? Le bouffon doesn't mean fool in French. :)

Dude, just admit it. You stepped in the dog poo and didn't wipe your feet. It happens to everyone. Well, maybe not everyone.

As said before, the cockpit wasn't solely mentioned, as Fox News put it. Try again?

I would say the word "COCKPIT" would be a clue that they said "COCKPIT". Just a wild ass guess on my part maybe.

It's both.

The left takes great effort to suppress, shout down, and otherwise disrupt the expression of speech and opinions of others that they don't agree with. This has been demonstrated on numerous occasions. How many conservative speakers on universities have their speaking engagements disrupted this way? Does this happen with any such frequency to liberal or progressive speakers on campus? Never heard of such a case, so I hardly think so.

That's fine to an extent, and may very well be an example of free speech countered by more free speech, but you'd expect some respect for others to have their chance to have their say, wouldn't you? So the liberal / progressive intolerance and disrespect of others who hold opinions and ideas that are counter to theirs it pretty clear.

What the left also does is enlist and exhort the government to suppress (censor) the speech of those which they don't agree with. Just look at the excessively PC movement for examples of this. They call for punitive punishment for people that disagree with them, and they cal lon the government to enforce that.

This is BS. And no, it's not legitimate to say that this is the consequences of free speech. It's suppression via authoritarian tyranny. What happened to 'I disagree with what you are saying, but support your right to say it'? Seems that this has fallen to the way side from the liberal ethos, where it was very prominent in the past.

Yes, the liberals and progressives of today are a mere shadow of the what they were previously. Where as previously I would have disagreed with them, I'd at least I could respect them and their position. These days? With their poor behavior and lack of principals? Not so much.

When a liberal speaks about tolerance they talking about race, religion, sexuality, country of origin, etc. Not what stupid a-hole kids say at colledge or universities. They don't represent me or other liberals. besides there are probably consevative kids doing the same damn things. They both should let the speakers say what they are saying.

When a liberal speaks about tolerance they talking about race, religion, sexuality, country of origin, etc.
So you now speak for all liberals? That's quite a promotion, isn't it?
Not what stupid a-hole kids say at colledge or universities. They don't represent me or other liberals. besides there are probably consevative kids doing the same damn things.
Funny. Never hear of any conservative college kids doing the things that we routinely hear from what would appear to be liberal / progressive kids, and then you also see the faculty right along side them as well, which is even more disturbing.
They both should let the speakers say what they are saying.
On this we can agree. If you really feel the need to protest. Do so outside the building, or at least outside the room.

So you now speak for all liberals? That's quite a promotion, isn't it?

I think I speak for most of them. Look at the votes / positions taken by anti-tolerant Republican legislators - anti-gay, anti Muslims...

I think I speak for most of them. Look at the votes / positions taken by anti-tolerant Republican legislators - anti-gay, anti Muslims...

I suspect that those Republican legislators speak for the rest of the Republicans about as much as you speak for all the Liberals, which is to say by far not all of them.

I suspect that those Republican legislators speak for the rest of the Republicans about as much as you speak for all the Liberals, which is to say by far not all of them.

Those legislators were voted by Republicans ;)

Back
Top Bottom