• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Oh, Florida... Disney is laying off 28,000 employees as pandemic hammers its theme parks

There was really no saving a place like that. There’s just no way a place that’s 100% tourism funded is going to do well in a pandemic.

I don't find entertaining the personal losses of 28,000 people due to the democrats use of an illness as a political bocci ball...
The democrats trying to blame others for the dilemma ... now That's laughable !
great autumn day to ya' BT

The results of Democrat politics... keeping the chinese flu shutdown alive.
200,000 deaths isn't enough for you, huh? :rolleyes:

Florida is run by a Trump-sucking Republican, and let Disneyworld reopen, and they're still laying people off. This isn't happening because of politicians, it's happening in spite of them.

200,000 deaths isn't enough for you, huh? :rolleyes:

Florida is run by a Trump-sucking Republican, and let Disneyworld reopen, and they're still laying people off. This isn't happening because of politicians, it's happening in spite of them.

A stale response .
Deaths? enough ? ask the democrat leadership where the majority of deaths are concentrated...
consider the deaths from those forced to postpone or forego medical treatment because hospitals and surgery centers have been limited even though there are facilities available....
appears to be forest/trees blindness at the behest of politicos who believe they benefit by instilling fear and acting as if they are saviors.
It's political bocci ball .

I don't find entertaining the personal losses of 28,000 people due to the democrats use of an illness as a political bocci ball...

If you think people were going to still go to amusement parks during a pandemic, you are delusional.

The easiest way to have prevented this type of economic impact was to take virus seriously when it was emerging..

Ouch! Wonder if this will impact election results in Florida..

How could it not?

The airlines plan to layoff about 40,000 employees in October...which will have a huge impact on all the major hubs and their surrounding economies...and will spread throughout the economy.

No airlines, no tourists, no jobs. Or is it no tourists, no airlines, no jobs? Either way this is not good...not good at all.

But if any good does come out of it....let it be Trump's loss for mishandling the pandemic. It didn't have to be this way.

If you think people were going to still go to amusement parks during a pandemic, you are delusional.

The easiest way to have prevented this type of economic impact was to take virus seriously when it was emerging..

Last I noticed DW in Fla. is open with people attending... -shrug-
Other than covid becoming a political football, I observed all who could; all in a position to directly do something, did the best that they could do at the moment with the available info at that time... then politics set in.... to only benefit personal aspirations.

Last I noticed DW in Fla. is open with people attending... -shrug-
Other than covid becoming a political football, I observed all who could; all in a position to directly do something, did the best that they could do at the moment with the available info at that time... then politics set in.... to only benefit personal aspirations.

Is that why Disney is laying off 28,000?

i'm always sorry to see job losses. i hate it. however, now is not the time to gather in big theme park crowds and stand in line. vaccine first.

Is that why Disney is laying off 28,000?

“D'Amaro also placed partial blame on the state of California for its "unwillingness to lift restrictions that would allow Disneyland to reopen." Disneyland and California Adventure, the company's flagship resorts in California, have been closed since March.”

fyi .... 6 flags Dallas is open,

A stale response .
Deaths? enough ? ask the democrat leadership where the majority of deaths are concentrated...
consider the deaths from those forced to postpone or forego medical treatment because hospitals and surgery centers have been limited even though there are facilities available....
appears to be forest/trees blindness at the behest of politicos who believe they benefit by instilling fear and acting as if they are saviors.
It's political bocci ball .

Most of the deaths are old people and old people favor Trump.

How about the loss of over two hundred thousand dead americans. Have an opinion there?
Is it something the right is eating? Drinking? Smoking? You're concerned for the disney workers but not the people still dying from covid?
Which party has been trying to warn america this is deadly dangerous?
Which party has for months been downplaying the seriousness of covid?
Which party has been doctoring reports to downplay the seriousness of covid?

The dems and other americans who are concerned have said all along this is a health crisis it's the R's who have constantly denied the seriousness and turned it into a political mess.

Trump of course, hasn't been political at all about it....

And the armed occupation of the Michigan statehouse? Not at all political. Nope, only Democrats play politics. Republicans are above such things.

If you believe anything I wrote there, I'd like to talk to you about some land near Disney World.

How about the loss of over two hundred thousand dead americans. Have an opinion there?
Is it something the right is eating? Drinking? Smoking? You're concerned for the disney workers but not the people still dying from covid?
Which party has been trying to warn america this is deadly dangerous?
Which party has for months been downplaying the seriousness of covid?
Which party has been doctoring reports to downplay the seriousness of covid?

The dems and other americans who are concerned have said all along this is a health crisis it's the R's who have constantly denied the seriousness and turned it into a political mess.

(insert eye roll here )
all rhetoric no substantive discussion..
not interested in shoveling b.s.
sell it elsewhere.

And the armed occupation of the Michigan statehouse? Not at all political. Nope, only Democrats play politics. Republicans are above such things.

If you believe anything I wrote there, I'd like to talk to you about some land near Disney World.

??? We're discussing covid ... -shrug-

we[re discussing covid. -shrug-

For those jumping in to bash FL and a republican governor, Disney is laying off approx. 28,000 people between FL and CA. My guess is that the majority will be in CA as there are heavier restrictions in place there than in FL. I could be wrong, but this isn't a Republican versus Democrat issue as some are trying to paint it.

Back
Top Bottom