• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Officials Seizing Russian Yachts Now May Steal Americans' Property in the Future

If you just keep your eyes and ears open you can tell who's on the side of Russia (as they slaughter families).
He only seems to care about property. Human lives are not a priority.

ACLU Helped Stall Bill to Seize Assets of Russian Oligarchs
The civil rights group argued otherwise, criticizing the bill as unconstitutional for ignoring due-process protections.

"This bill was so unconstitutional that it raised the prospect that a sanctioned Russian national could win in an American court, which likely would have struck down both the statute and the sanction as being unconstitutional," said ACLU federal policy director Chris Anders, according to the Post.

OP spewing Russian propaganda

Important Announcement from Jay Falcon: The Constitution, Property Rights, and Due Process is Russian propaganda.

The ACLU is in the bag for Putin, according to Mr. Falcon.

What is an oligarch and what is their crime?
An oligarch is a wealthy Russian who was ALLOWD to become wealthy by Putin. Most of them wouldn't have a dime if it weren't for Putin. They all hide his money for him. Money that was stolen from the Russian civilian population.

An oligarch is a wealthy Russian who was ALLOWD to become wealthy by Putin. Most of them wouldn't have a dime if it weren't for Putin. They all hide his money for him. Money that was stolen from the Russian civilian population.

From the article:
"The western media employ the term 'oligarch' to describe super-wealthy Russians in general, including those now wholly or largely resident in the west," Anatol Lieven of the Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft wrote last month in the Financial Times. "The term gained traction in the 1990s, and has long been seriously misused. In the time of President Boris Yeltsin, a small group of wealthy businessmen did indeed dominate the state, which they plundered in collaboration with senior officials. This group was, however, broken by Putin during his first years in power."

Do you have an actual link? Because Newsmax isn't gonna cut the mustard.

I'm not going to fetch information for you. Feel free to remain in ignorance then.

Important Announcement from Jay Falcon: The Constitution, Property Rights, and Due Process is Russian propaganda.

No, just your worthless posts.

Personal rights, property rights, and a presumption of innocence are hallmarks of our democracy and judicial system.

It's important for people to know that the left don't believe in those rights, as evidenced by your reply.
As well as your support for war crimes and genocide so Putin financial supporters can still go yachting.

What is an oligarch and what is their crime?

It's not about the future as you posted in your OP it's about the now.

Americans can have their assets seized now based upon the "suspicion" it had something to do with a crime.

We are happy to welcome you to the anti civil asset forfeiture block.

I didn't read the #1 article nor the ACLU article, but I'm going to agree with @Schism on the face of this one. Schism may or may not have adopted the wrong angle, though.

Go figure, Antiwar agrees with the Pro-Russia position.

Why are *Russian oligarchs* given special protections?

Should we have protected the assets of Nazi industrialists too?

Officials Seizing Russian Yachts Now May Steal Americans' Property in the Future

A slippery slope that nobody cares about until it's turned on you.

That slippery slope started in the 80s when Reagan and republicans made it legal for the government to seize everything you own if you are busted with any illegal drug.

Not only can the government seize your assets and money, the can then keep it all and use it how they want with the police.

The police and government don’t have to prove anything. The owner of it has to prove that illegal drugs had nothing to do with that property or money.

Interesting, the republicans think it’s a great policy.

Leave it to Jonathan Turley to have the absolute dumbest take on this.

A slippery slope that nobody cares about until it's turned on you.
good point and I'm not surprised this opinion surfaced..........how many tax dollars are we willing to spend
protecting our right to seize under questionable circumstances.

I questioned the validity then again don't know enough details. I have always questioned the right for law enforcement to confiscate property drug dealers owned without proving drug profits bought the property.

Are these people part of the Putin military?

Though getting into people's pockets is sometimes the only way to get their attention.

A slippery slope indeed.

Last edited:
good point and I'm not surprised this opinion surfaced..........how many tax dollars are we willing to spend
protecting our right to seize under questionable circumstances.

I questioned the validity then again don't know enough details. I have always questioned the right for law enforcement to confiscate property drug dealers owned without proving drug profits bought the property.

Are these people part of the Putin military?

Though getting into people's pockets is sometimes the only way to get their attention.

A slippery slope indeed.
Is it questionable? You know how you avoid this situation? Don't break laws or support, financially or otherwise, those that do.

Officials Seizing Russian Yachts Now May Steal Americans' Property in the Future​

The issue would appear to be seizure and I don't see a dime's worth of Dif between what the Federal government could have done with regard to seizure of the assets of Americans now than what already existed before. So I fail to see what point the OP is trying to make.

No sense in offering nonsense when it would appear that the OP simply does not like these seizures of Russian Yachts and is desperately looking for some hook to make us not like them either. As usual, a RIDICULOUS stretch into the absurd world of the Putinite.

#63 is still using binary illogic.

Back
Top Bottom